• Best Buds

Preparing for Disneyland trip 11/10 & 11/14

Okay, I few odd questions here. This is hardly my first time to Disneyland, but it will be my most hectic visit ever (just a few hours each day). I will be trying to make the most of it. So...

1) I purchased an Annual Pass with Parking. They sent me a ticket in the mail, which I know I will need to convert into an actual pass in the Park (Main Street?). When I pull into the parking structure, do I need to pay for parking, since all I have is a ticket with a magnetic strip and not the actual pass?

2) I read DarkBeers EXCELLENT post on FastPass. I have not used FastPass in the past, as I have been able to plan on arriving early, etc. This will be the first time I may use it. Is this list still accurate?
    Networked: (DCA) California Screamin', Soarin' over California, Tower of Terror (DL) Big Thunder, Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Autopia, Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain.
    Stand-Alone: (DCA) Grizzly River Run (DL) Haunted Mansion Holiday, Cartoon Spin.

3) It looks like they may be running "Remember" on 11/14 at 7:45PM (with a Park 8PM closing time). I have an 11PM flight home from LAX, including returning my car. Are the crowds/traffice so crazy after the fireworks that I should just say "I'll be back next August and 'Remember' will still be running. I'll see it then."?

Again, I don't usually ask these kinds of questions before a visit, but this one is going to be crazy!
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Minion

Re: Preparing for Disneyland trip 11/10 & 11/14

I'm sure others can answer your questions, but just an FYI, there will be 22,000 cheerleaders there on the 11th, so plan accordingly and just expect huge crowds!
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

• Best Buds

Quote Originally Posted by jomo
    I'm sure others can answer your questions, but just an FYI, there will be 22,000 cheerleaders there on the 11th, so plan accordingly and just expect huge crowds!
    Yeah. So I've heard. I wish I could change my visit dates, but no can do. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to work out any details I can ahead of time. Hopefully, the fact that I will be there on the 10th and 14th and NOT the 11th will be a help.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Quote Originally Posted by BugsBunny
    Okay, I few odd questions here. This is hardly my first time to Disneyland, but it will be my most hectic visit ever (just a few hours each day). I will be trying to make the most of it. So...

1) I purchased an Annual Pass with Parking. They sent me a ticket in the mail, which I know I will need to convert into an actual pass in the Park (Main Street?). When I pull into the parking structure, do I need to pay for parking, since all I have is a ticket with a magnetic strip and not the actual pass?

2) I read DarkBeers EXCELLENT post on FastPass. I have not used FastPass in the past, as I have been able to plan on arriving early, etc. This will be the first time I may use it. Is this list still accurate?
    Networked: (DCA) California Screamin', Soarin' over California, Tower of Terror (DL) Big Thunder, Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Autopia, Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain.
    Stand-Alone: (DCA) Grizzly River Run (DL) Haunted Mansion Holiday, Cartoon Spin.

3) It looks like they may be running "Remember" on 11/14 at 7:45PM (with a Park 8PM closing time). I have an 11PM flight home from LAX, including returning my car. Are the crowds/traffice so crazy after the fireworks that I should just say "I'll be back next August and 'Remember' will still be running. I'll see it then."?

Again, I don't usually ask these kinds of questions before a visit, but this one is going to be crazy!

I think I can be of service...

1. The ticket that they sent you will be turned into your AP at the Main Street Bank. You must pay for parking, and they will then re-fund it in the park. So be prepared to pay for the 10 dollar parking fee! When you enter the park, just go visit the bank and they will take your picture, and give you your AP.

2. Yes, the guide is correct EXECPT Grizzly River Run. It has been proven that it is on the network, and you cannot have say, a ToT FP and a GRR FP. =/ But, the other rides are correct, and have fun planning those out!

3. This one is a tad iffy. From my experiance, the 5 north is BARE after closing. Even at an early closing and esp. on a monday night. The traffic will be empty when going to LAX, but give yourself 1 hour of travel time. That way, your not rushed. If you are going to stay for Remember, watch it by the Main Street Train Station. That way, its very easy to get out, and not have to interact too much with the flood of people coming out. That would be the only place to watch it and not get out too late.

The fireworks are 17 minutes long, so its wierd that they will close after them...plus you get snow on that date. My bet will be something like this...

7:45 - Fireworks
    8:02 - Snow
    8:15 - Show all done
    8:30 - Enter the Parking Structure
    8:40 - Leave Parking
    9:45 - 10 - Get To LAX, check in.

That is what it would look like if you did stay, so its really up to you!!

Have fun, and post back so we can see if you made it!
    Last edited by Crazy54; 11-04-2005 at 01:47 PM.
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Best Buds

Wow! Excellent reply/info. Thanks.

If I survive this whole trip I'll be sure to post back. Frankly, I'll be happy when next August rolls around and I can have tons of time at the Park.

If anyone happens to be at the park on 11/10 or 11/14 and sees someone (possibly looking frazzled) wearing a Bugs Bunny t-shirt and a "comedy4cast" pin, that'll be me.
    ------------------