Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Longest wait time you've ever seen?

Everyone's heard the stories of "epic wait times" at Disneyland. 2 hour waits for Indie, Lines that run to the entrance of the park, etc. But what's the longest wait time you've actually seen at the park? What's the worse queue that is feasible at Disneyland?

Re: Longest wait time you've ever seen?

Quote Originally Posted by chiablo View Post
    Everyone's heard the stories of "epic wait times" at Disneyland. 2 hour waits for Indie, Lines that run to the entrance of the park, etc. But what's the longest wait time you've actually seen at the park? What's the worse queue that is feasible at Disneyland?
    The first time I ever rode Space Mountain (probably @ 1980. I believe it was our trip on the 25th Anniversary. Won a Ticket to the park hat never expires that year. Every 25th guest won some kind of prize IIRC). We waited in line for 3 hours and 15 minutes. I never rode it again until about 90-91. Sorry, but there isn't a single attraction worth that kind of wait. Especially one as short as Space Mountain.

• I'm not really here

The day they re-opened Pirates after adding Jack Sparrow to it was the worst I have ever seen. The line was back to the flagpole on Main Street. It went up Main Street, around the hub, into Frontierland, along the Golden Horseshoe, past the River Belle Terrace, through windings out front of the main queues, into the ride queue, through the extended queue and finally into the building. Word from the CM at the Flag Pole that morning when we walked in was that it was about a 5 hour wait.

We waited about 3 minutes that night after the ride went down and they cleared the queue for 45 minutes.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

When Space Mountain opened in 1977, we wanted to go on it but we heard the line was 3 hours long. The next day we heard it was 5 hours. We saw a picture and the line for Space Mountain was all the way down Main Street and ended in Town Square. We didn't bother, we waited about a year before going on it. Who waits 5 hours for a 3-minute ride?

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

1995 (I can't remember the date...); but the six and a half hour wait for Indy went all the way back to city hall. There didn't used to be a gap like the do now for the safety video. So the whole temple was filled with people... And you know what, I wouldn't mind doing it again. Best time I ever had in a queue, and seeing Indy for the first time was like nothing else (unlike waiting 4hrs for Nemo, and being really upset that I waited that long for what I got)!

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Spring Break '08, we were told by a CM that the line was approx. 3 1/2 hours long (I think it was closer to 4+). We went during fireworks that night and waited 90 minutes. It was still long, but it wasn't getting any better than that.

• Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!

I have a couple... The first time I went to ride Indy... I was in line with my Father In Law for 4 1/2 hours and the ride broke down, we had to get out of line and they didn;t give you a pass back then so it was 4 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back!

The second is opening day of Rocket Rods (ick!)... my son and I waited in that horrible queue line for over 5 hours, the line stretched down to the beginning of Main Street. Once we got inside where the old CircleVision movie was, they were showing movies of old and new vehicles. The line spiraled in and back out to the center of the room so you were in there for hours! Everyone in line got so sick of seeing the same movie clips over and over we began chanting "TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF" which they finally did and of course for those who rode Rocket Rods, we all know it was not worth the wait!

• Banned User

Indy on opening day: 3hrs 45minutes

• Hukuna Matata!

I remember the 95 Indiana Jones Opening, I remember how long the wait was but those little At&T Decoder cards were genius, they made the time just fly on bye

• Disneyland Nomad

Nemo opening day it hit 6hrs at one point, then i remember indy in 1995 stretching to mainstreet. Reopening of pirates was about there too.
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

The Beatles

• Minion

I was also in the line for the reopening of Pirates when it stretched back to the flagpole. It was a 5 hour wait for most but since we got in at opening, it was only 90 minutes for us.
    I did see that when Nemo opened, it was an 8 1/2 hour wait and they had to keep the ride open for an extra 3 hours after closing just to accomodate the people in line.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Longest I've ever waited was about 3 hours for Indy the summer it opened.
    But the longest I've seen was Space Mountain for 200 minutes at Grad Nite.

• in the Golden Afternoon

I haven't spent more than an hour in any line. I'd rather just get a fastpass.

But when The Little Mermaid ride opens, I will gladly wait in a few hour line to get on that. I cant wait!

• Banned User

does it have to be JUST disneyland..cause i got one for DCA...

the wait queue for mickey's fun wheel..that is the slowest line EVER!!!!

oh and for disneyland--i pick splash mountain

• Out Of State AP Holder

If I remember correctly, I once saw the line for The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage reach the old Motor Boat Cruise station. And there was plenty of "zig-zags" in the line on the way to the ride.

Plus I remember passing by Space Mountain when it reopened in 2005, I swear the time sign said "240 minutes" now THATS crazy.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast