Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland traditions, rituals, and must dos!

I read a thread on here a couple of years ago about traditions and rituals for entering/leaving the park and just things that absolutely don't leave the park without doing. I don't know how long it's been since some of you have partaken in suxh a thread and I loved some of the responses that I read couple of years ago, so I'll kick it off:

Every 1st day in the park we enter through the left tunnel, tap the right hand side of the tunnel wall (twice) (Been doing that since my first visit to DL in 1975. My mom thought it was odd that I did that when I was 3. She thought it was really odd when I did again at the age of 5 since I couldn't possibly remember the trip at 3. I don't actually remember much from that trip at the age of 3 at all. Been tapping the wall ever since my first trip) and hop on the RR once all the way around the park and back again to New Orleans Square to begin the day (been doing it since 1975 when I was 3.

On the last day of the trip, we always exit out the right hand tunnel and tap the left hand side of the wall on our way out. One other thing that's a little embarrassing (considering I'm 38 years old). I always leave the park with atleast a tear welled up in my eye as we reach the end of Main Street and out of the park. I've only let it trickle down once on the last 6 years, though. So I think I might still have some tough guy left in me. LOL

• Out Of State AP Holder

Re: Disneyland traditions, rituals, and must dos!

That's pretty interesting, nice that you've been keeping it up for a while.

Well I do have a pattern of things I do on my first and last visits of the year, though not as consistent as yours!

I think on my first visits of the year since 2005, the first thing I did was head to Space Mountain.

As I leave the park on my last visit, I tend to take the Monorail (I always think it's a nice transition out) and I look at the park from my Grandpa's car until it fades off in the horizon. Kinda cheesy but that's a habit I've picked up.

• is poppin' tags

Omg OCD!!! hahaha!

Seriously though, I always have to enter the park on the right (stroller rental side)and exit on the oposite side (town hall). I'm very picky about this.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

One other "must do" when we visit the park is to eat at least one meal at Blue Bayou (typically lunch, though we have done dinner a couple of times).

• Vroom, vroom!

As a family, we have done a few things every time
    Always go in the west tunnel and out the east tunnel
    always take a picture in front of the mickey floral
    always ride the train all the way around or at least to NOS
    Always must ride the HM
    MUST ride the JC
    MUST Ride Pirats
    Always buy a hat. Usually mouse ears with our names on them
    Always buy a Disneyland Milk Chocolate bar with Almonds (we keep them in our photo album and look at how they changed since 1993)
    Always buy a bag of popcorn and munch on it by a water area and give some to the birds there
    Always go to the adventureland Bazarr
    and we USED to always go to the bank and get some disney dollars,
    ( a single a five a ten and a twenty )
    and being that we are of, less money kind of family, Take thousands of pictures of anything we can
    I think thats it....
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Something I ALWAYS do when I'm at the park is ride the train from main street all around the park back to Main St. Another thing is I always around the end of the day go over to Soda shop buy something to munch on and listen to the piano player. OH and take a picture in front of the castle. Dang I'm wishing I was at DL right now.

I always enter and exit through the City Hall side of the train station.

First stop is always Pirates, getting there via Adventureland (stopping in the hub, of course). Second stop is usually Indy, though it's up for discussion .

I've only been three times, so not enough to establish any other traditions.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• Banned User

We always have this weird tunnel thing too. IF it's early in the day when we arrive we enter through the left tunnel, but if we arrive later in the day (afternoonish or later) we enter through the right tunnel.

I always try to get Disney Dollars and buttons from City Hall as soon as we get there.

And our first ride almost every time if it's not the DLRR for a whole circle tour we head straight for the Jungle Cruise.

• Doesnt matterhorn to me!

My parents and I always get a churro. No matter what time of day, it needs to be done.
    Nice work, Pal.

Our tradition, from the time that I can remember about 3 years old is to enter the park on the left and ride the train all the way around the park and then walk up main street and through the castle.

I want to keep this tradition going with my kids, but last year was the first time my husband and I took them to Disneyland and the train was closed . So hopefully we will start it again this year. I'm also trying to think of a new tradition to start with my husband and our two kids.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Enter the park on the City Hall side.

Go to Fantasyland first. Family tradition since the 50's.

Jungle Cruise and Pirates at least once.

Walk around saying "Remember?" a lot since so many memories of working for Disney, friends working as characters, watching the Matterhorn being built, etc.

Monorail. And when we ride it we have to talk about Walt wanting to build it down the Santa Ana freeway right to downtown L.A. (Fits in the "Remember" category.)

Railroad when our feet get tired.

Always walk through the Emporium before we leave.

Refill our water bottles at the fountain by City Hall. Take it home and pour it on a plant saying, "Compliments of Mickey!"

Leave on the City Hall side.

• waitin' to board

My one ritual is to go on PotC when I first arrive and its also the last attraction I go on before I leave.....

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I always do my best to go Pooh after lunch.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Johnny and Me!

I have grabbed a Fastpass for Space Mountain first thing ever since Fastpass came out.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Really, for me...just take photos, walk around, relax, and have fun.

Besides riding Haunted Mansion repeatedly, of course, and waiting till most/all of the guests leave the portrait hall and loading area to soak in the atmosphere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast