Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland's 50th TV Specials??

So I was watching the Disneyland 10th Anniversary special on the 'Walt Disney Treasures: Disneyland USA' DVD and I got to wondering... Anyone know if there will be, or even could be, a TV special for the 50th Anniversary? I've seen alot of stuff that the Travel Channel has done for Disneyland and Walt Disney World and their specials are top-notch, I would love to see them do something. But I can sure see ABC making some cheesy, non-informative speci-mercial for it. Hey, anything would be nice though.

So, anyone out there with any inside scoop?

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, Heck! Even if they DOES plan some kind a Dizzyland 'special' it'll just turn inta some dang rock concert full a bimbos and sluts, struttin' 'round like my trampy sister, Orddu!!

ORDDU: (Ahem!) What my sister is attemtping to say--without having bothered to take her medication today--is that so many of the television specials they have had, over the past several years--end up totally exclipsing the park, itself, while promoting various pop stars and their careers. So, really, there's no point in having any sort of special--unless it turns out MUCH better than all the recent ones have.

ORWEN: The Christmas special from Walt Disney World in 2004 was sure a bust, as far as we're concerned. All those silly singing prostitutes--like Moriah Carey--are just too obnoxious for a decent, self-respecting Mouseketeer.

ORGOCH: That agin' trollup needs a good BUTT whippin', if'n ya asks me!

ORDDU: Actually, dear, I think that's just what Moriah would WANT!!

• It's all nonsense

It'd be interesting to see a DL special that doesn't have a hidden agenda to promote WDW. Unlike the recent advertising trends for the 50th.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    It'd be interesting to see a DL special that doesn't have a hidden agenda to promote WDW. Unlike the recent advertising trends for the 50th.
    Let's count the hotel rooms... 3,000 for DLR.... 20,000 for WDW. Keepin' the hotel rooms full is what the national advertisin' is all about!

On a side note... Lots of talk on why USH was up 10% this year.... Ummm could it be NBC? How many Leno clips have been done from there? Today show segments? Other NBC promotions?

LOTS!

ABC should keep ahead....

But I agree with the witches.... most lately have just been pop-concerts and to promote psuedo stars.... Like that one I saw on that DVD from the 70's... It was supposed to be about Disneyland, but was just some actor (Kurt Russel) touring the park and seeing pop concert (The Osmond brothers).

Darn Eisner.... he's ruined everything!!!

• -Going Retro-

I would love to see a Disneyland 50th special maybe on Wonderfull World of Disney or The Disney Channel. Either way I would love every minute of it

Does anyone remember the 35th TV special or was it 30th :confused: ? Donna Summers, Drew Barrymoore etc. Oh, I wish I still had that on video it was fun to watch.

• Minion

ORDDU: Just let your cauldron girls say that--it's not that we mind SOME singing from a couple of professional singers. We just don't like to see the entire TIME spent mostly on singers. We want to see the PARK! We want to see interviews with Imagineers--even if they have all been laid off by now--telling little stories about how they were inspired to create some of the attractions.

ORGOCH: Face it, sister! Specials ain't made fer Dizzy fans no more. They's made fer folks that don't even CARE 'bout Uncle Walt er what he stood fer. It's a cryin' shame--'nuff ta make a witch wanna' CURSE somebody!!!

• -Going Retro-

:confused: :confused:

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Let's count the hotel rooms... 3,000 for DLR.... 20,000 for WDW. Keepin' the hotel rooms full is what the national advertisin' is all about!
    Very true. However to the average consumer that doesn't know much about disney wouldn't know that the celebration is for DL 50th. I know it's a business, but still.

I'm not down with the teenie bopper concerts either. It makes me upset just thinking about it......yuck i think i just threw up in my mouth.

• Zapp's Minion :D

If they do have a 50th TV special it will probably air on ABC and I hope Micheal Eisner won't be in it.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I agree that there is only spotty synergy with ABC and the parks. SILLY SILLY SILLY! Good morning America should go live to Orlando and Anaheim ALL THE TIME! People don't mind synergy if it is done well.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

no - hopefully any 50th Special will have the WONDERFUL Julie Andrews as host. And a speech by Matt. I gotta say, I really want to meet Matt and shake his hand. maybe during the 50th festivities on the 17th.

I think Julie Andrews will on be there in May

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    I agree that there is only spotty synergy with ABC and the parks. SILLY SILLY SILLY! Good morning America should go live to Orlando and Anaheim ALL THE TIME! People don't mind synergy if it is done well.
    ABC and the rest of the company does not have any love for each other. I don't see this happening too often. But I do believe that Wonderful World of Disney is supposed to come back the Summer with a special on Disneyland... don't know if it will be live at the 50th.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    I think Julie Andrews will on be there in May
    They have taken promotional pictures of Julie Andrews under Sleeping Beauty castle that matches the one of Walt under the castle that you see all of the time. It is on the Disneyland news site (www.dlrnews.com). I can't get it to load in here, so PM me if you want to see it.

Anyway, those photo appear to be a good hint of something to come.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    They have taken promotional pictures of Julie Andrews under Sleeping Beauty castle that matches the one of Walt under the castle that you see all of the time. It is on the Disneyland news site (www.dlrnews.com). I can't get it to load in here, so PM me if you want to see it.

Anyway, those photo appear to be a good hint of something to come.
    I just sent you a pm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast