Can I buy online tickets for someone else?

Hi,

A couple of my cousins are visiting LA and I'd like to get them tickets to Disneyland. If I purchase tickets online and send them the confirmation to print out, will they be able to pick up the tickets at the gate?

I've never tried buying online so I don't know if they check ID after they scan the e-mailed ticket before giving you your actual pass.

I am in the Bay Area and am hoping to get them tickets for use tomorrow...otherwise I'd just buy tickets at the Disney Store and mail it.

Sort of a last minute decision on my part (it's pricey!) so hopefully it is no problem to just have them print out the e-tickets and take them to the gate.

Thanks!

• Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!

Re: Can I buy online tickets for someone else?

I am sure as with most online ticket purchasing (for anything) you are going to be requried to show a Valid ID to pick them up.

Maybe you could call Disney and see what they can do. I'm sure they would help you.
    Well Gawrsh!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Hopefully one of the gate CMs will chime in.. but I don't remember them checking ID when I bought e-tickets.

They just scan your print out at the gate, and give you paper media in return which you use for fastpasses, readmission, etc. You don't even goto the ticket booths - just right to the turnstile.

Think about it.. if I'm buying tickets for me and my children and wife... I'm not forced to do it 6 times. Worst case is they have names on each ticket, which you can enter when you buy them.

E-Tickets are the way to go.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I believe it's only after using the tickets once that the nontransferable status comes into effect. You can buy the ticket for someone else (like a gift perhaps), but that person must use the ticket for its entire use.

This is what was explained to me by a WDW ticket person, and I believe it also applies to Disneyland.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Newbie.

Yes please, I'll take four.

j/k
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies. I ended up calling Disneyland Guest Services and they confirmed that there would be no problem.

I purchased 5-day passes (only needed 3, but there was 2 free so figured, why not?) and forwarded him the e-Ticket.

He was on the phone with me as he tried to get in and all I heard was "Goood morning! Welcome welcome! *ticket scan swoosh sound* Take a map, have fun!"

Now he has a question I shall relay to you:
    He apparently did the "Give A Day, Get A Day" promo and was planning on using it on this trip. But I suddenly surprised him with tickets (he was thrilled since he really wanted 3 days there). But now he has an unused free ticket.

He called to ask if he would be able to use his promo ticket as payment towards upgrading his 5-day pass to a Deluxe and then pay the extra out of pocket.

I told him that I don't think the promo tickets have cash value like they did last year. But I wasn't sure...and he's sort of embarrassed to go ask. So instead of me forcing him to ask or forcing his friend to ask, I shall ask this online community of knowledgeable people!

• Nerd

The Give a day promo is worth $72 towards an upgrade. He probably can upgrade the 5 day park hopper to a pass, and add the Give a day promo ticket to it as well. Its a little out of the ordinary as far as transactions go but they probably will accommodate you at the ticket booths.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/