Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: World of Color Official News and Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln784 View Post
    If your bored watch this:
    They are mesmerizing. Right now I am actually in Vegas. So those videos actually don't give Bellagio nearlly as much credit as it deserves. For example, the 500 foot fountains can barely be seen in some of the videos. Like in the last link at the end the fountains go to fast for the camera
    Don't worry, I am coming to LA to see which is better: World of Color or Bellagio!
    The big thing between WOC and the bellagio show is we are talking 25 minutes vs 5 minutes, I have a feeling you will be mesmorized and dazzled with WOC. and it wont really be a hard decision to make

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I really hope they do a soft preview on Friday. Anyways, for soft previews, does anybody know if they post the show on the show schedule for the day?
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    I really hope they do a soft preview on Friday. Anyways, for soft previews, does anybody know if they post the show on the show schedule for the day?
    I remember when they did soft openings for stuff in tommorowland in 98 wasnt really annnounced in the guidemaps or show schedule it was just open and Cm's were inviting you to try it out, not quite sure how it would work out for a show vs a attraction. How do you get 6,000 people together for a soft opening

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    Me too. I'm going Friday with some friends who just bought passes (NOT on the monthly payment plan) and I think it'd be awesome for them to see it on their first day in the parks.
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

I will be at the resort thursday night scanning the perimeter! Lol
    And if you so cal residents can't make the drive to Vegas, check out WET's smaller scale show in San Pedro at the fanfare. It's near ports O call. I go there at least once every week. Great place to take the girlfriend.

• Sock Puppet

You guys really think WoC is better than Bellagio? Grading criteria for watershow:
    scale of lake
    height of fountains
    color use
    fire
    projections
    emotional impact
    use of music
    originality
    backdrop
    Let's see which water shows win which categories!
    Bellagio wins: emotional impact, use of music, scale of lake, backdrop, and height of fountains originality
    World of Color wins:color use, fire, and projections
    So to me, Bellagio is an easy win. More shows, higher fountains. World of Color has so little shows only 3 25 minute shows?

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

News update on WOC the resort calendar is updated now through june 22nd only. DCA;s hours listed from 10am-11p

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln784 View Post
    Grading criteria for watershow:
    scale of lake
    height of fountains
    color use
    fire
    projections
    emotional impact
    use of music
    originality
    backdrop
    Let's see which water shows win which categories!
    Bellagio wins: emotional impact, use of music, scale of lake, backdrop, and height of fountains originality
    World of Color wins:color use, fire, and projections
    So to me, Bellagio is an easy win. More shows, higher fountains. World of Color has so little shows only 3 25 minute shows?
    So.. you're saying World of Color has no emotional impact and poor use of music, despite the fact that you haven't seen the show yet. Odd.

Bellagio is a nice fountain show, World of Color will be a full nighttime spectacle. Why do we even need to compare them?

You guys really think WoC is better than Bellagio?
    Yes.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    anyone else notice something missing from the official World of Color page? Disney mysteriously removed the info on the special dining experiences... This is what it previously said (a week ago):

Quote:
    Dining Enhances Your Magical Evening
    World of Color takes the idea of dinner and a show to a whole new level. Whether you reserve one of the special dining experiences or want to get a quick snack before the show, World of Color will be the centerpiece of a great night out.

World Of Color | Water Spectacular | Disney's California Adventure Park
    Thanks to Nonob88 for the heads up on this interesting news.
    Last edited by lighttragic; 05-11-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: adding information

Hey Guys, long time lurker first time poster. I've been wanting to make an account to post a review of World of Color, but was afraid of the violent backlash that is sadly very common on this website to anything slightly against the collective pro-Disney opinions.

I am a Cast Member at California Adventure - I of course cannot say how high up my position is, or what I specifically do - but I have been allowed to see World of Color.

Please keep in mind that this is only my opinion (which may be a little tainted by being a CM [which notoriously tends to take away from the parks magic] but I digress)… I really don't think World of Color is going to live up to everyone's expectations.

I understand it is new and exciting possibly only because it's new, but the show doesn't hold a candle to Fantasmic! or any of Disneyland's firework's shows. Before you start screaming - YES, I know it's not made to be compared to those shows and all that, but the show itself simply isn't that entertaining.

In my opinion, some of the music is good, some bad. Everyone will have their own opinions so I’m not going to say much about the music. The show itself is pretty cool in places, but is also boring at times and feels handicapped.

I don’t know if I’m more sad to have seen it, or more sad to have to tell you, but a lot of the stuff seen in the concept art either isn’t happening, or doesn’t work very well.

I was most disappointed to NOT see the giant projection wall made of fountains is nowhere in the show. In the concept art and D23 presentations this was most discussed with the Pocahontas scene. I don’t think they could get it to work, and all the projections only occur on the mist screens.

As to the mist screens themselves, ironically, they aren’t very colorful. Fantasmic’s appear to be more colorful, but that could just be because the audience is closer, or because the fountains in front of the mist screen ARE very colorful.

The fountains are as entertaining as anyone is going to find any fountain show. In my opinion, the equipment being visible the whole time is a little distracting from the show itself. Some could call it abstract, but I think it just looks awkward and takes away from the ‘magic’ Fantasmic! has in most of its show equipment going unnoticed.

What I meant by handicapped is.. the show overall just feels very limited by its infrastructure. The three disjointed mistscreens feel awkward to look at, and I personally think are bad show. Chernabog and his projections don’t work well AT ALL, but they hid it with lots of fire.

Some might like it, but I’m really worried about the guests that are going to be upset after waiting hours for a lackluster show – most likely watched from a bad or obstructed viewing angle.

Again this is just my opinion, and I’m sorry to break the bad news guys.

• Banned User

Did Al say whether these soft openings were for sure? It sounded like to me when he said that, it sounded like he was just guessing...?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aDCACM View Post
    Hey Guys, long time lurker first time poster. I've been wanting to make an account to post a review of World of Color, but was afraid of the violent backlash that is sadly very common on this website to anything slightly against the collective pro-Disney opinions.

I am a Cast Member at California Adventure - I of course cannot say how high up my position is, or what I specifically do - but I have been allowed to see World of Color.

Please keep in mind that this is only my opinion (which may be a little tainted by being a CM [which notoriously tends to take away from the parks magic] but I digress)Ö I really don't think World of Color is going to live up to everyone's expectations.

I understand it is new and exciting possibly only because it's new, but the show doesn't hold a candle to Fantasmic! or any of Disneyland's firework's shows. Before you start screaming - YES, I know it's not made to be compared to those shows and all that, but the show itself simply isn't that entertaining.

In my opinion, some of the music is good, some bad. Everyone will have their own opinions so Iím not going to say much about the music. The show itself is pretty cool in places, but is also boring at times and feels handicapped.

I donít know if Iím more sad to have seen it, or more sad to have to tell you, but a lot of the stuff seen in the concept art either isnít happening, or doesnít work very well.

I was most disappointed to NOT see the giant projection wall made of fountains is nowhere in the show. In the concept art and D23 presentations this was most discussed with the Pocahontas scene. I donít think they could get it to work, and all the projections only occur on the mist screens.

As to the mist screens themselves, ironically, they arenít very colorful. Fantasmicís appear to be more colorful, but that could just be because the audience is closer, or because the fountains in front of the mist screen ARE very colorful.

The fountains are as entertaining as anyone is going to find any fountain show. In my opinion, the equipment being visible the whole time is a little distracting from the show itself. Some could call it abstract, but I think it just looks awkward and takes away from the Ďmagicí Fantasmic! has in most of its show equipment going unnoticed.

What I meant by handicapped is.. the show overall just feels very limited by its infrastructure. The three disjointed mistscreens feel awkward to look at, and I personally think are bad show. Chernabog and his projections donít work well AT ALL, but they hid it with lots of fire.

Some might like it, but Iím really worried about the guests that are going to be upset after waiting hours for a lackluster show Ė most likely watched from a bad or obstructed viewing angle.

Again this is just my opinion, and Iím sorry to break the bad news guys.
    Well, that's your opinion and you're absolutely entitled to it. But, I'm sure the majority of us here will disagree with you.

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

Before said violent backlash begins...just wanted to say WELCOME and thanks for your honest thoughts. That is usually where the drama comes in, but I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences.
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

• Banned User

The only thing I'm gonna say. Is that you only represent one opinion. The general consensus of opinion for the show won't be known til mid June. So, we'll just wait and see til then.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

This is my first account. Why must everyone call any negative opinion on this board a troll?

You're welcome for me risking my job to post here and give you guys an actual review from someone who's actually seen the show. 8/
    Congrats on being the first person to post a review. It doesnt matter if it was a positive or negative. Its your opinion and your entitled to it. I am sure we will see a wide variety of reviews as more people see it , but Thank you for posting!!

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast