Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2274249505152535455 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Thumbs down WOC picnics on sale early, and sold for tomorrow!

I can't keep track of all the WOC threads so if this belongs in one them, I'm sorry. I just wanted to let people know that the management decided to let the picnic meals go on sale early, and now the opening night ones are sold out. This is really upsetting because they said they wouldn't sell until tomorrow, and now people waiting for them officially have to line up at dawn to see this first show. Really rotten move on their part. I guess the bright side is if you're comfortable not seeing the premiere (which I'm unfortunately not), you can reserve a spot now for saturday, or even the go in person and get the 2nd show tomorrow.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: WOC picnics on sale early, and sold for tomorrow!

We just got the picnic package for Sunday.

Not sure if they ever sold them online for tomorrow though. They were never on the site that I saw.

Re: World of Color News, Questions, and Thoughts (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by MeRSiamese View Post
    Wow... I gotta say... the view of all those people holding up their camera recording screens is pretty awful!
    And it totally proves that if you don't get a front row/front section... your viewing of the show will be very distracted and extremely annoying from all the crowds in front of you videorecording!

I'm totally disappointed seeing that... :-(
    Indeed, the kicker is that I let those people (who were shorter) move in front of me as a courtesy, but at least their arms got tired after a while

When I record these standing shows, I make sure to turn off/close my LCD display and only hold my camera aligned with my head, so as to not disturb anybody around me. Of course I'd love to use the LCD screen, but it bothers *me* enough when others do it that I just deal with it...golden rule and all that

• Zephyr Pilot

You can stand in a wet zone where people will be afraid to take their cameras out.

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    You can stand in a wet zone where people will be afraid to take their cameras out.
    Yeah, honestly I think that the boardwalk is where I'd like my second viewing from. I only had glimpses of tons of cool effects at the water level (from the play fountain area, about 10ft back from the steps), plus I have a submersible water casing for my camera

This is really upsetting because they said they wouldn't sell until tomorrow
    No, that's not quite what they said. Quoting from the official WoC website, it says "Beginning June 11 (date subject to change), Picnic meals may be ordered online"

In another place, it said "Beginning June 11 (possibly June 10), purchases may be made on line, up to 60 days in advance."

I know it's disappointing when things like this happen and you get caught off-guard, but consider that from Disney's perspective, this is completely different than something like a Haunted Mansion or Disney Studio D23 tour special event: in that case, the one and only way to enjoy the one-day event is to get the tickets while they last, and they announce the exact date and time well in advance. If they open ticketing early, then tickets can be gone before the official ticketing window even opens, creating a sense of unfairness.

In this case, WoC is designed to be an ongoing feature of the park. The first day is special only in that there has to be a first day for any new show, but Disney certainly isn't emphasizing it above June 12, June 13, or any other day that will have WoC. So, other than addressing guest control issues so it's not chaos, they probably don't see this early and unannounced sale of the box lunches as an issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    We just got the picnic package for Sunday.

Not sure if they ever sold them online for tomorrow though. They were never on the site that I saw.
    They were on the site earlier this morning. I had two in my cart and by the time I tried to complete the purchase they were gone. Oh well...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

WOC now on YouTube

Looks like someone last night brought a video camera to the special showing of World of Color and posted it on YouTube. Here's the links to view it:

Part 1 : [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqijf6DZz4s&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Disney World of Color Full Show HD Part 1/3[/ame]

Part 2: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfMt6X8TZI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Disney World of Color Full Show HD Part 2/3[/ame]

Part 3: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m02BfY7Gxwk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Disney World of Color Full Show HD Part 3/3[/ame]
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Sock Puppet

I guess I made the mistake of thinking they would be available at midnight, and when I didn't see that I figured we were safe til tonight. This really sucks though, it's gonna be horrible trying to get a decent view for tomorrow.

• Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDry View Post
    In this case, WoC is designed to be an ongoing feature of the park. The first day is special only in that there has to be a first day for any new show, but Disney certainly isn't emphasizing it above June 12, June 13, or any other day that will have WoC.

That is exactly why I am not messin with WOC for a few weeks... I've said it before, I have waited in line for hours to go on a new attraction on openeing day but I knew my experience was gonna be the same as those in line in front of me and behind me.

There is so much hoopla and options and mess and I know people are STILL gonna nbe forming some kind of line to be the first into their "designated" viewing areas so they can have the best spot. I'll catch it another time... looking back, I sure coulda done alot more in my life all those hours I waited in line for the FIRST of something when I can go there now and get the same thing in a fraction of the time... all how you wanna perceive it

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by bubb1 View Post
    They were on the site earlier this morning. I had two in my cart and by the time I tried to complete the purchase they were gone. Oh well...
    The same thing happened to me. I didn't get 'em fast enough.

I purchased some for Sunday, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    Is there really as official designated "wet" zone?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

There's a first day, but the WORLD premiere is tonight.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Yea I'm really upset about this.. Wish we had a fair warning. BTW... It makes sense now that they must be ordered 1 day in advanced. But still they could of alerted us.

When I was on the site earlier today, it was clearly struggling/slow, probably for the best that it caught many by surprise, though I find it ridiculous that Disneyland has a website that falters under load...