• Atomic Audioanimatronic

Question The Disneyland of Your Dreams...

Have you had any recurring dreams about a *specific* Disneyland that differs from the actual park? What is your mind's recreation of Disneyland like after you fall asleep?

For example, when I dream about Disneyland The Haunted Mansion is always some mammoth, dark warehouse-like building right off of Main Street with a HUGE staircase as wide as the entire building leading down to the floor level. Often times the ride is a simple walkthrough with things popping out at you, similar to Halloween Haunted Houses, except it takes place in a regular modern track home. My Pirates of the Carribean is a boat ride with big, cartoonish grassy hills on all sides... though I don't recall any pirates there at all. Often times my boat accidentally shores itself on the grassy hills and I can just wander off on my own. Small World is consistantly pretty much the same as the original, except all the boats run along carpeted floors instead of water. Splash Mountain is a giant, thick tree (I'm only ever in line for this one in my dreams, and never get on the actual ride). And without fail, there is always a huge waterslide in the center of my park along with other completely nonexistant rides in completely nonexistant lands (including a seedy back alley type land). I always know my way around this dream version of Disneyland, and it never varies too drastically from dream to dream.

How about you? What is your Nocturnal Disneyland like?

Re: The Disneyland of Your Dreams...

Interesting post!

In my dream Disneyland, I'm always always able to walk to Fantasyland from Critter Country, Pirates has a loop after the first drop, and the castle's mote is bigger. I'm not joking.

Well, I guess it's just the two of us...

It's a cliché, but it's funny how the mind works, isn't it? You would think that my brain would reconstruct the place out of it's actual stored memories (I've been to the *actual* Disneyland enough times, for chrissakes), but instead it opts to repeatedly embelish my reconstructed Dream Disneyland with completely made-up details... and those imagined details are somehow engrained to the point that they pop up time and time again, to the point that in my dreams this nonexistant place seems entirely familiar.

• Sex Panther made by Odeon

Once I had this dream I was walking by the Haunted Mansion but it was on the other side of the walkway facing the Rivers of America. And the crazy thing is that Elvis was perforiming a special concert there. He was surrounded by monkey's, why you ask, I have no idea! But Elvis was really good, thats got to count for something!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I had a completely weird dream that I visited Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea, and they were giving out certificates at the entrygates and you could go and get loads of free pins, but none of them were good... and although I've seen photos of both parks for the most Tokyo Disneyland looked like a cross between Animal Kingdom at WDW and Frontierland and a lot of rugged terrain that looked like it was all charred as if a forest fire swept through the area.

Dreams are bizarre.

I know I've had dreams of being at Disneyland before and recall them being completely weird, but for the life of me I can't remember what they entailed

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Rock Star Minion

First, fade in to a car parking in the lot, in the open air. We get out and stretch after a 90-minute ride, and there, in the distance, we can see Space, SB Castle, Main Street Station. It subconsciosuly draws us nearer. We don't have to wait for the shuttle, because the shuttles already know where cars are being parked at that moment. Everyone in our row gets on, while another waits right behind it for the next row of guests....
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm your huckleberry.

Very interesting question.

When I was in high school, one of my teachers committed suicide by hanging himself in his garage. For MONTHS afterward I had nightmares that I was in the Haunted Mansion stretching room, and that the guy hanging up in the rafters was my dead teacher.

Pretty morbid.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Very interesting question.

When I was in high school, one of my teachers committed suicide by hanging himself in his garage. For MONTHS afterward I had nightmares that I was in the Haunted Mansion stretching room, and that the guy hanging up in the rafters was my dead teacher.

Pretty morbid.
    Whoa... yeah, that is very, very creepy. Did that ever effect how you handled that part in the *real* Haunted Mansion?

Wow that's freaky....

One time I also had a dream about the Haunted Mansion... but It was Where the castle would be... thankfully my latest Disneyland dreams are quite (almost) normal... one time I had a dream about the new LED lights changing colors... I had just read about them... and In my dream even tough I hadn't seen Remember... Dreams Come True yet, they were changing beautifully like they do during the Laughing Place segment of the show Another time I dreamt that my mom got a job as a make-up artist (she's a make-up artist in real life)) in Aladdin a Musical Spectacular, the night before Snow White: An Enchanted Musical premiered...
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

wow...sorry to hear about your teacher hyperbole.

i had a recurring dream all throughout junior high where there was a fair at my school. i would always go into this ride & the floor was like the old floor in the space mountain queue (light blue with raised circles). then the little cartoon chicks from that old hardware store commercial (i called them cheep-cheeps because they would always say "cheap" after the prices were given) would chase me until i woke up.

thank heavens i don't have that dream anymore. totally freaked me out!!
    <o>

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I had a completely weird dream that I visited Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea, and they were giving out certificates at the entrygates and you could go and get loads of free pins, but none of them were good... and although I've seen photos of both parks for the most Tokyo Disneyland looked like a cross between Animal Kingdom at WDW and Frontierland and a lot of rugged terrain that looked like it was all charred as if a forest fire swept through the area.

Dreams are bizarre.

I know I've had dreams of being at Disneyland before and recall them being completely weird, but for the life of me I can't remember what they entailed
    I saw a picture of Tokyo Disneyland recently and it looked exactly as you describe it from your dream... maybe you saw it too...
    I have a dream
    A song to sing
    To help me cope
    Trough everything

If you see the wonder
    of a FairyTale
    You can take the future
    even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
    Something good in everything I see
    I believe in Angels
    When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

• no flash photography...

I have never had a DL dream, but I used to have recurring nightmares involving the Queen Mary.

• =)

I haven't ridden Space Mountain since a while before the big closure--it kept shutting down while we were visiting the park, or it was down for refurb. So it's been more than seven years since I've been on the ride. Back about five years ago, I had a number of dreams about riding an "alternate" Space Mountain. It was nothing more than a gigantic, cubical, outdoor structure of scaffolding and crisscrossed metal bars. I was running along the top, being chased by Brer Fox. Go figure.

On a totally unrelated note, is anyone else actually sentimental about the Rocket Rods? I feel like I'm the only one out there. Of course, I never rode the People Movers--perhaps that's why.