Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Aladdin Musical Extended (Merged)

Per the Disney Parks Blog, Aladdin has extended its run. It did not mention its new closing date. Does anyone know when the show will be closing?

• Hukuna Matata!

re: Aladdin Extended (Merged)

I hope forever, That would be a nice cutoff date.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

That's interesting! I'm glad.

Do you have a link?

• Minion

This is the news I was hoping for! Our trip is planned for August 21st... 6 days after the original scheduled closing date. This is fantastic news! My son absolutely loved this show and we only got to see it once. Nice... very nice.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    That's interesting! I'm glad.

Do you have a link?
    DLR Disney Parks Blog

• Circle of Ancients

While I'm not the biggest fan of the Aladdin show, hopefully this means we won't be seeing Toy Story the Musical anytime soon.

• Dream in wonderful color!

YES!!!

This news just made my day. I wonder what made them change their mind? I guess they realized the show was more popular than they thought.

With WoC opening soon, the park will be seeing new guests who will want to see the show. It makes sense to keep it around a while longer.
    Last edited by nonob88; 05-12-2010 at 10:24 AM.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Darn, you beat me to it, I was about to post this!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Zephyr Pilot

I'm glad it'll be around longer. This show is worth half the ticket price of DCA and I make sure all my friends see it. They're always glad I got them to go to it.

About 400 miles, maybe less, from Anaheim, CA

This is some great news. It's really a great show even though it may be a condensed 45 minute version of Aladdin; definitely a Broadway style show. I wonder how much longer they are going to keep it open for. You would probably imagine that it will probably be for maybe a couple of months because it says that they are still going to start some construction for Toy Story on August 15. Who knows, maybe they might even scrap the whole Toy Story thing because of how popular Aladdin really is. Just have to wait and see what happens.

• Banned User

I hope this is true. I really do not want to see Toy Story as a musical. Aladdin, despite being there for quite some time now, is still going strong. It's an awesome show, and still stays relatively fresh with the Genies jokes. Toy Story just doesn't have that. If anything should replace it, I think Mulan would be a great choice. With Mushu having the somewhat of the same character traits as Genie, you could easily use the modern jokes. There'd be some great action scenes you could bring into the audience as well, and the reflections scene would be amazing if done right.

Ya hear that Disney? Take my idea! I won't ask for credit, or royalties, just replace a quality show, with *gasp* MORE QUALITY.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

*Woody in his computer chair* No, n-no, no, nooooo!

I am glad they extended it and my guess is that they realized that closing it in the middle of summer during the premier season of WOC would be insane.

I do hope that it is only for the summer season and that we do see another show replace it. I am not to excited about a toy story musical but something new would be great.

I am not in agreement with people that think that it should stay going forever and for several more years. Entertainment and especially shows should be changing at least every five year minimum it makes no sense to keep some f the biggest draws static especially with Anaheim having such a high local guest ratio.

• Established 2005

I, for one, do NOT want Toy Story in the Hyperion. For one, it's a terrible show. Secondly, it makes so sense thematically for a land that will eventually be rethemed toward the 1930s. Can't we get something a bit more unique to the DLR? Hell, I'd even go for a copy of Big Band Beat at TDS. Anything other than Toy Story.

Whatever they decide to do, the show needs to have an updatable element. That is one reason I feel Aladdin has stayed as popular as it has. . .Genie's jokes constantly staying refreshed and topical have kept the show up-to-date and interesting.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by cablubber View Post
    This is some great news. It's really a great show even though it may be a condensed 45 minute version of Aladdin; definitely a Broadway style show. I wonder how much longer they are going to keep it open for. You would probably imagine that it will probably be for maybe a couple of months because it says that they are still going to start some construction for Toy Story on August 15. Who knows, maybe they might even scrap the whole Toy Story thing because of how popular Aladdin really is. Just have to wait and see what happens.
    It does not say constructions for Toy Story.

Construction has been scheduled near the Hyperion Theater for August 15. Although that may still impact some performances, we’re doing everything we can to keep the show up and running. Stay tuned to the Blog for updates, and we’ll share details when we have them

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast