Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• PLEASE REMAIN SEATED

Old Bear Bridge At Big Thunder Mountain

i JUST SAW A PIC OF THE OLD MINE TRAIN BRIDGE THAT IS AT BIG THUNDER..AND A HUGE TREE HAD FALLEN ON IT IN THE BAD WEATHER WE HAD AND BROKE DOWN THE BRIDGE..HAS ANYONE ANY INFO ON THAT AND IF U GO TO THE PARK CAN U GO SEE FOR ME...THANKS....

• Parmageddon Jim

Quote Originally Posted by MAGIC KINGDOM
    i JUST SAW A PIC OF THE OLD MINE TRAIN BRIDGE THAT IS AT BIG THUNDER..AND A HUGE TREE HAD FALLEN ON IT IN THE BAD WEATHER WE HAD AND BROKE DOWN THE BRIDGE..HAS ANYONE ANY INFO ON THAT AND IF U GO TO THE PARK CAN U GO SEE FOR ME...THANKS....
    I think your Caps Lock button may be stuck.

In the next few weeks they will repair that bridge over by Big Thunder

Walt's love of Trains!

• Social Imagineer

It looks like Mount St. Helens exploded over there. That must of been one huge tree to cause such a swarth of destruction. Whole slabs of rockwork were torn off, the trestle is in shambles down near the pond, many other trees were either hit by the falling behemouth or were removed later. The area looks like a natural disaster (well, except for the exposed structural work where the rocks were torn away).

I feel for the poor koi fish in the pond. The water is a mess, and koi were all huddling in a tiny corner all freaked out. The tree cover of the area is ruined, and that's not something that can simply be repaired. It seems like a lot of the old growth trees are reaching the end of their lifespan, and that spells serious bad news for the Park. The old trees of Disneyland give the Anaheim park a character and charm that none of the other "magic kingdoms' can match.

This was one of the most beautiful areas of Disneyland. I hope they are up to restoring it to its former glory and not just letting this little remaining piece of Nature's Wonderland also go the way of Cascade Peak.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Here is one photo of the damage...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...14129883/Large

And there are a few more, just click on the arrows above the photo....

• PLEASE REMAIN SEATED

ya there isnt much left of the old days

Thank You for telling me about whats going on i cant go to the park for a week due to work but ya, i just took some pics of that area a few weeks ago to do a before and after graphic. now have a b4 and after and after. I hope that it will be close to as nice as b4..maybe theyll clean it up a lil cause it needed some work..if any one has any pics they can add or send me please tell me..ill take some next week or so wheni get out to the park. also has anyone seen inside Space Mountain lately?? i havent seen any pics since mice age had one liek a yr ago... thanks everyone.. ooh ya my eyes get tired at work so if i type in all caps get over it ok...thanks guy..

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    The old trees of Disneyland give the Anaheim park a character and charm that none of the other "magic kingdoms' can match.

This was one of the most beautiful areas of Disneyland. I hope they are up to restoring it to its former glory and not just letting this little remaining piece of Nature's Wonderland also go the way of Cascade Peak.
    Couldn't have said it better, I totally totally agree.

• e komo mai

Thanks for the link to the pics, DB.
    Wow. What a mess. It's too bad that they're probably just going to leave it like that for awhile. And, I agree, there's probably no way that they'd restore it to make it look as it did.
    Sad.
    I'd love to see updates on this area if anyone is able to take more pics as they clean up, if they clean up.

• e komo mai

And another thing...
    What's with all the falling trees at Disneyland? Shouldn't someone at this point say, 'Hmm, maybe we should check all trees in the park now.'

Thats still part of the progress for the 50th. Jungle Cruise will lose 70% of all its trees due to old age and falling down.

Walt's love of Trains!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    And another thing...
    What's with all the falling trees at Disneyland? Shouldn't someone at this point say, 'Hmm, maybe we should check all trees in the park now.'
    LOL one would think so wouldn't you!

• Parmageddon Jim

This really is one of my favorite spots in the park. When I was a sweeper it was my area for one summer, you could easily forget you were in the middle of Anaheim. It always amazed me that people would think it was a safe place to spark up a doob.

• Northwest Disneyphile

Thats A whole lot of falling tree

• Baybeh!

Woah! That did some serious damage. That was my favorite part of the park too. It'll take years for it to look even close to the same.

I am very sad to see the damage done by the falling tree. The loss of the vegetation in that area coupled with the loss of Cascade peak a few years back makes for a big change to one of my favorite areas.

Maybe this will be reason for the decision makers to consider new attractions. I really miss how the old trains would wind along the river with going by one waterfall and behind another. I loved the the small portion of the trestle that they saved. It is unlikely that they would replace the damaged trestle.
    The Mur

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast