Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: APs- Should I?

APs- Should I?

It's that time of year again, when I need to make a decision regarding the renewal of my pair of Premium APs for myself and my girlfriend.

It looks like they raised the price of Premium APs yet again to $329 a piece (that's around $660 for the duece).

Someone convince me that I should/should not renew. I realize the 50th is comming up, but a new fireworks show, a rehabed E-ticket ride from 1977 and a new Buzz Lightyear ride don't seem to be worth the Premium AP.

If it wasn't the 50th I wouldn't even consider it. :confused:
    Last edited by shark_hugger; 03-04-2005 at 03:33 PM.
    SHARK_HUGGER- I'll stop eating fish when sharks do.
    What the Media Doesn't Report (#17):
    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

• No bacon; sausage.

Do you want to go to Disneyland in the next year? Do you want to go more than 6 times? If yes to both, renew.

• It's all nonsense

Do it!!! I'm officially peer pressuring you!! :devil:

• Minion

You Can Do It!!!
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Well considering that I live about 15 minutes away from the Resort I usually end up going at least once or twice a month so I think you guys make a good argument. Ecomomically, the pass will start to "pay for itself" when we make at least X number of visits...
    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

• Reaver of Souls

If you're a fan of the park at all, I'd say totally yes. We've had ours for 4 straight years now, and unless they raise them to $600 each, I'll never give mine up. Just being able to say "Hey, let's go get some ice cream at Gibson Girl" or "Let's go watch the fireworks" whenever makes it worth it! I say do it!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Banned User

Do you really, really need to go on several of the 45 busiest days of the year? Do you have to be able to go holidays and spring/summer Saturdays or it just isn't worth having a pass?

If not, downgrade to the DAP. $209... $49 for the parking pass. For $467, about the same price as last year's PAPs, you can get the full year... excluding the 45 busiest days... when I personally would rather not go anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    If you're a fan of the park at all, I'd say totally yes. We've had ours for 4 straight years now, and unless they raise them to $600 each, I'll never give mine up. Just being able to say "Hey, let's go get some ice cream at Gibson Girl" or "Let's go watch the fireworks" whenever makes it worth it! I say do it!

I've been obsessed with Disneyland for as long as I can remember so I guess we're in the same boat! And the fact that I live so close is pretty cool. Sometimes I do take it for granted. It's nice to sneak out of the office on a Friday, grab my girl and head to the park to have some dinner and catch the fireworks show.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    Do you really, really need to go on several of the 45 busiest days of the year? Do you have to be able to go holidays and spring/summer Saturdays or it just isn't worth having a pass?

If not, downgrade to the DAP. $209... $49 for the parking pass. For $467, about the same price as last year's PAPs, you can get the full year... excluding the 45 busiest days... when I personally would rather not go anyway.
    Or get one PAP and one DAP. If you like the discount perks and Disney Mag.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel

Excellent point! Although there's just something about being a "Premium" AP holder. I guess it's just an ego thing. You guys surpised me, I thought for sure there'd be a number of people against the idea of renewing, but I guess when you have an "addiction" it's hard to see straight.

• My Children's Father

What would you be doing with your free time if you didn't renew? Would that be as entertaining? Would it be cheaper? Are you missing out on other activities because you're at DL so much?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Reaver of Souls

And the snow/fireworks in Nov/Dec... We go a dozen times a year just to watch that...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• That's Hawt

I am facing the same problem, I live in northern california but will be going to the park at DLR at least four or five times this year, but I don't plan on going on the uber busy days so I am going to buy a Passport, but not the Premium ... I don't really need it but I do wish I lived as close as you guys
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    And the snow/fireworks in Nov/Dec... We go a dozen times a year just to watch that...
    The snow doesn't seem that big of a deal to me, it snows one a week here in the winter the real snow is SOOO much better than soap lol ... but the fireworks are definitely awesome over christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw Yensid
    Or get one PAP and one DAP. If you like the discount perks and Disney Mag.
    You got to buy a lot of stuff to make a 10% discount be worth paying an extra $70 for the PAP.... It's like.... 4, carry the 3, minus 2.... borrow a nine.. times 18..... divide by Pi... modulus the remainder with -1 raised to the 1/2 power....... $700!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast