• Where's the Cheese?

Lightbulb Condor Flats Retheme/Plussing

So, reading about Disney's Glendale creative offices expansion today I stumble onto this on LAist: Grand Central Air Terminal - NEVER knew about this part of Glendale's history until today, the buildings/architecture look great! I thought, wow, wouldn't it be cool if Condor Flats was re-themed just a bit to include even more early California air travel history. I also thought how perfectly the Buena Vista street re-theme coming up would blend in with this. What do you think?

Last edited by Mouse in the House; 05-13-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added pic so you could see image before hitting link

Re: Condor Flats Retheme/Plussing

That's neat. I hope they do something like that instead of just letting it get swallowed up by the national park area.

• Johnny and Me!

That facade could be easily replicated for Taste Pilot's Grill. After they bring back the waffle fries, of course.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Condor Flats Retheme/Plussing

That's pretty cool, but I don't see it fitting in and transitioning into the GRR area.

• ohai

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    That's pretty cool, but I don't see it fitting in and transitioning into the GRR area.
    You fly over into a National Reserve! haha

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse in the House View Post
    So, reading about Disney's Glendale creative offices expansion today I stumble onto this on LAist: Grand Central Air Terminal - NEVER knew about this part of Glendale's history until today, the buildings/architecture look great! I thought, wow, wouldn't it be cool if Condor Flats was re-themed just a bit to include even more early California air travel history. I also thought how perfectly the Buena Vista street re-theme coming up would blend in with this. What do you think?

^That would be really be nice(and it would transition itself well from BVS to GRR.)

Timekeeper

• Fan of the Land

Great find. I would enjoy that look much better than the look of the current Condor Flats, and would rather see the whole area done up in that theme. I find the current Condor Flats seriously unattractive and kind of depressing. The area can only look appealing if you understand that it represents the bold early efforts in actualizing mankind's dream of flight. If you're not aware of that, it just looks ugly. It is so unlike Disney to ask you to supply your own imagination like that, essentially from scratch, with so little help from them - you have to construct the thrill and excitement of that era for yourself, out of colorless buildings and informational plaques. I would fully support a transition to something that continues to honor the flight pioneers, but that is actually cheerful to the eye. Of course this would have to be authentic - but now, thanks to you, we know it is.