Trick or Treat party held at Disneyland this year

Sorry if this has been posted already! I searched and found nothing

First read it on another Disney site, then got confirmation from my mom's cast member friend, so I can vouch thats it true.

So, three nights a week, every week in October, DL will be closed early to the public for these parties. ...during a very, very busy Halloween time. .... thus, making the fireworks impossible to see on these nights. Ouch. Not so good for out of town families, right?
    With DCA, it was never really much of a problem, but I can see loootss of complaints about this... lots. I don't mind, personally. I went to a party in DCA last year and had an awesome time, and I am so excited for this being held in DL that I'm considering saving for two different nights.

So what do you guys think? Worried about how this will effective crowds, or your vacation? Or, do you want to attend the party this year, even though you normally wouldn't?

• Minion

Re: Trick or Treat party held at Disneyland this year

Al reported this in his latest article. I think that it should be held at Disneyland for this year only or until the crowds die down a bit for WoC. I do think it should be at DCA in 2011 and so on, though.

• Senior Minion

I am happy about this, I've only gone to DCA so I'm looking forward to celebrating Halloweentime inside DL!

I'm on the middle of the fence on this. I guess I'll have an answer for you in October.

• Minion

I think it would be cool to have a Halloween WOC, but I'm sure that will happen within the coming years. It seems like it would be really easy to program different shows.
    Jeff Wayne

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Soo if the trick or treat party is at Disneyland does that mean we cant see halloween screams without buying a ticket for the party?
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yep, old info, the sight you were looking at probably got it from MiceAge:

it's a small world of color - MiceAge.com

And here's the topic discussing the article:

http://micechat.com/forums/al-lutz-c...post1055973062

DapperJ,

Mickey's Halloween Treat doesn't run 7 days a week, last year it primarily ran on Wed, Thur and Fridays, and on Sat 10-31-09, We will have to wait and see what days the Trick or Treat Party will run this year. ~ perhaps they will just run the paid party on mon-thurs, we will have to wait and see, That would leave most Fri, Sat, and Sundays for the larger crowds.

But one thing is certain, if the party is held in DL this year, they will be able to sell a heck of a lot more tickets, than they have been able to with the party at DCA.

Halloween does fall on a Sunday this year, so if they do decide to have the party in DL, DL would likely close early that night for the Party, and may close early on Oct 29 Fri, and Sat Oct 30, also.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 05-14-2010 at 06:35 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Oh my. I am beyond excited. I've been wanting this change forever!!
    Last edited by Alice in Wonderland; 05-14-2010 at 06:47 PM.

• Seasick

Hmmm...I'm not so sure this would be a good idea.

I think they're overestimating the degree to which World of Colour will be a big draw. I really think very few visitors will say "I don't care that Disneyland is closing early, I really wanted to spend more time at DCA anyway".

They close the Magic Kingdom early in Orlando for Halloween parties, but there are more options there. You can at least head to Epcot instead, which offers more to do than DCA.

I think closing Disneyland may have more of a negative impact than similair closures at the Magic Kingdom.

Why not have a Halloween overlay for World of Colour instead? Disneyland guests are used to, and expect to have access to the Halloween extras. There might be less resentment at being shut out of a special World of Colour show.

And will they only show the Halloween fireworks for the parties? If they're available every other night anyway, it's one less reason for people to pony up the extra dough for the special event.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Wilderness Explorer

Posted a couple weeks ago:
    Mickey's Trick or Treat at DL?

In Al Lutz's most recent article, he discusses this as a possibility.
    I would love it, and I really hope it happens.

What's mentioned in his article is that they're banking on World of Color being the crowd pleaser instead of the usual Fantasmic and Fireworks. So the roles of the parks will flip flop.
    DCA is opened late for guests, Disneyland will host the party.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

is it just going to be in DL? Cause, we're going in Sept...I'll be really pissed if we miss fireworks and extra hours at the park just because they decided to switch the parks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    is it just going to be in DL? Cause, we're going in Sept...I'll be really pissed if we miss fireworks and extra hours at the park just because they decided to switch the parks
    No one can be sure at this point, . . . not even Disney.

I'm leaning toward what BC said. Let's see what the response it to WoC, first. Once we reallly know what the crowd reponse is, then Disney can make some decisions on where to hold the Trick or Treat Party. There is no reason Disney need start selling tickets now, in fact they could really wait until August, to finalize those decisions.

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    If you're going in September it won't be an issue.
    I'm pretty sure the Trick or Treat parties don't start till October.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    What's mentioned in his article is that they're banking on World of Color being the crowd pleaser instead of the usual Fantasmic and Fireworks. So the roles of the parks will flip flop.
    DCA is opened late for guests, Disneyland will host the party.
    Are they really banking on this? Yes, Fantasmic! draws a sizeable crowd, but there are still far more people than that enjoying the rest of Disneyland at the same time.

If they close Disneyland early, and the same number of people who would watch Fantasmic! head to World of Colour, that still leaves a heck of a lot of people for DCA to handle, and it just doesn't have enough to do.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It will be ok if Ghost Galaxy is open and the HMH!!!