Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Proud owner: 50th Tiki

Re: My First Trip Report 5/8-5/12 (Photo Heavy)

Fantastic job on your first TR!

• Avid Photographer!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I have a dslr, but for disney I take my point and shoot which also has full aperture and shutter speed control...of course the dslr is superior, but it can be had in a point and shoot as well.

What sets it apart for me are the different lens options and easier controls.
    This is true - the big deal breaker for me in ever using a P&S is it's press & pray... with my DSLR, once I focus I know without a doubt that as soon as I press the shutter it'll take a picture, and I'll already have known what settings it'll use.

Another one that's kind of related is much bigger glass = much crisper pictures. ie:
    Last edited by MistrWebmastr; 05-15-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Didn't realize there was a post between my reply and quoted post. Fixed for ease of discussion

• "The Musical Quil"

Great report. Those photos are very colorful! You have a good eye!

I love the kids from Flyleaf. There here in SLC often. Glad to see you enjoyed the show. HOB <--- great venue.
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• Future Cast Member

Great trip report so far! By the way, I love your avatar. The antenna toppers from Disneyland are always adorable.

Sorry I took so long with the next update. I've been going through and uploading photos all day! This was the second most picture taking day of the whole trip. Thank you for all the feedback and tips. I'm a rookie when it comes to photography and using a DSLR. All the advice is greatly appreciated. Anyways, time for part 2:

5/9: Seeing as how we missed opening the other day, we made sure we got the on time. First thing we did was have breakfast at the Plaza Inn. Soon afterwards, we head into Fantasyland and go on Snow White Scary Adventure and Pinocchio's Daring Journey. Then, we head on over to Frontierland to see if Columbia was sailing this time.

Again, she wasn't sailing and thankfully there was a helpful CM to tell us as to why Columbia was down. According to the CM, during the ROA refurb, one of the ribs inside the ship had warped and were trying to make repairs as soon as possible. He then told us that the ship may open within the next 2 days.

After the little conversation with the CM, we head on over to NOS for Pirates of the Caribbean! As soon as we exit, I had to get this pic before we head over to Haunted Mansion.

After HM, we headed for DCA. I didn't take any pictures during this time since it was very cloudy and I'm not much of a fan of taking pictures in that kind of weather. Anyways, the attractions we did in DCA were Muppet Vision 3D (one of my fav. in DCA), TOT, Monster's Inc., TSMM (my Mom's fav.), & California Screamin'. Afterwards, we headed back into Disneyland and thankfully, the weather had cleared up.

As we were heading for Frontierland, we were greeted by a family of ducks.

After being distracted by the epic cuteness of ducks, we went into Frontierland and as my Mom was taking a break, I went to get on Tom Sawyer's Island to see if I can get a peek of the new elements along ROA.

As soon as I got back, we went straight for Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

After Mr. Lincoln, we went on the Jungle Cruise.

After that, we went on IJA and then headed for Fantasyland for Casey Jr. Circus Train. I would've like to have taken more photos on this ride but we ended up sitting in the caboose and being 6'3", it was pretty uncomfortable trying to get some pics.

Then, we walked around Fantasyland for a few photos of the Mad Tea Party before heading into Toontown.

After going on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin and walking around Toontown, we headed over to Tomorrowland and went on BLAB, FNSV, and Captain EO. By this time, day had turned to night and the one thing I love about the DLR is that its colors truly come out. I've pretty much spent the rest of the night enjoying the lights of both Disneyland and DCA.

200-300 photos later, we head back to Disneyland and walkthrough Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

And that is it for May 9. Hopefully, I'll have May 10 up sometime in the afternoon. I hope you enjoy these pics.

• Golden Dreamer!

Wow! I love the report and you have nice pictures.

Nice trip report!

Your pictures are very nice, I really liked the nighttime photos.. I almost felt like I was there..

And thank you for the ROA shots. I was excited to see those.

Welcome to Micechat.
    Last edited by Jazziered; 05-16-2010 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Editing.

Sorry for the late update. The internet was down at my house and was unable to upload any pics. For this update, I can't remember majority of what we did. I also didn't take as much pictures as I have all the other days.

5/10: For those who may not know, Columbia made her comeback! So I pretty much did majority of my photo taking of the new ROA! The first set is from first time riding along the river.

Here are pics from the second ride along!

One of many cats roaming around DL!

Splash Mountain

As we were in NOS (I think), I noticed one of the trains carrying the Lilly Belle so I thought I try to see if we would be able to get on. When we get to the Main Street station, one of the CMs told us that they were booked but if one of the parties doesn't show up, then they'll let us on. Luckily, one of the groups was a no show so they let us on! Unfortunately, I didn't get as many photos as I would've liked since it was pretty full.

And last, but not least, we happened to catch the end of Pixar's Play Parade and took a few photos of this guy!

Again, sorry for the late update. Hopefully the internet will still be stable enough for me to upload the next couple of days worth of pics. Hope you all enjoy the pics!!!

• Avid Photographer!

You're certainly a photographer after my own heart - when I went for a week-long trip in January, I took 3,500 pictures. Granted most of them were never posted - but by taking such a large volume of pictures is how you can really get good pictures!

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quite a lot of pictures to scroll thru.

Pretty nice pics.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Thanks. I wasn't really too much into photographing DLR until I started reading through MiceChat. Before, with my P&S, I'd take about 100-200 photos and only 50-80 of them would actually turn out pretty decent. Now that I have my DSLR (Nikon D5000) and started coming here, I try to get as much as I can and I like the fact that out of the 1000-1100 pictures I take, only about 20-50 of them turn out to be not too good. I'm already planning my next trip (sometime around DL's 55th B-day!) and seeing as how a lot more will be going on with Fantasmic! returning and WOC premiering, I'll probably have double of what I took this trip.

5/11: Again not much of a photo day. I didn't get much sleep so I was pretty tired this day. Most of the photos were just pics I wanted to get.

Haunted Mansion

And thanks to MiceChat as I never knew this existed!

A couple of shots I missed when I sailed on the Columbia the other day

My favorite ride in Fantasyland!

And my favorite character from Alice In Wonderland!

Monorail

Matterhorn

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

This time, I reserved a spot for the Lilly Belle so I can get some more pictures. Luckily, it wasn't as full as the other day.

Me on the Lilly Belle (I could of swore that I smiled but I guess not)

And my ticket for the Lilly Belle

Here are some shots of WOC's middle section submerged

And finally, the Green Army Men!

And that is it for 5/11! Hopefully, I'll have the final update on here by friday. Enjoy!

• Avid Photographer!

Uh-oh.. looks like you blew up photobucket! If you're serious into photography, I would highly recomend a Flickr Pro account. No limits (other than 20MB/pic) & it's like 30 bucks a year. Well worth it in my book.

Yeah, I just fixed it...oops

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast