Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Do you know the secrets to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?

I knew some of the props were authentic. I worked at Disneyland when Thunder Mountain opened. And we were given a lecture once about the many ghost town items which could be found about the attraction.
    It's a secret: the water is authentic water, found in and about the city of Anaheim.

I don't believe that you could ever view the the final curve into the c lift from the Big Thunder trail.
    The Mur

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    It's a secret: the water is authentic water, found in and about the city of Anaheim.
    Mind.......Blown..............

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Actually a portion of the drinking water in Anaheim does come from Anaheim, which comes from ground water located beneath the city. This water supply is also mixed with water coming in from Northern California and the Colorado River. And pretty soon, in order to lessen the burden off of these water sources, they will be adding reclaimed water -- that is, filtered sewer water -- into the mix!

The big doors that are open after the 3rd lift used to be operational during the early days of the ride. I am not sure when they were left permanently open, but I would assume it was because of a timing issue and the trains hitting them.

• Gold Prospector

I am new here and I get a sense of a negative atmosphere. Everything is wrong or I don't believe this or that. I do enjoy the one or two sillies in this thread but come on people lighten up. I didn't say everything I said here was hard concrete fact it’s just what I have heard over the years, I may be wrong. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any secrets of Big Thunder. So slow your roll and try and be koo!!!
    Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

• Vroom, vroom!

I never rode btm....
    BUT I do live in the town in northern California where your water comes from....
    So for the love of me.... Stop drinking so much of it! Our Lake is nearing a dangerous low point and summer is around the corner!
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Gold Prospector

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    The big doors that are open after the 3rd lift used to be operational during the early days of the ride. I am not sure when they were left permanently open, but I would assume it was because of a timing issue and the trains hitting them.
    I had forgotten about those. Thanks for bringing it up. Yeah it was a timing issue differently loaded trains go faster or slower so the doors would get hit so they just left them open.
    Howdy folks, please keep your hands, arms and legs inside the train and remain seated at all times. Now then, hang on to them hats and glasses cause this here's the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!

Cool, I love big thunder mountain railroad. The gears hidden mickey is nice.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder1 View Post
    I am new here and I get a sense of a negative atmosphere. Everything is wrong or I don't believe this or that. I do enjoy the one or two sillies in this thread but come on people lighten up. I didn't say everything I said here was hard concrete fact itís just what I have heard over the years, I may be wrong. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any secrets of Big Thunder. So slow your roll and try and be koo!!!
    I apologize if I contributed to this in any way. My intent was not to be negative, but simply to prevent the spreading of false rumors. The Internet makes it very easy for that to happen unintentionally, so I thought it was best to nip it in the bud. (You did say that these were things that you "know", mind you, not things that you'd heard. Just sayin'.)

• Rock Star Minion

I am new here and I get a sense of a negative atmosphere. Everything is wrong or I don't believe this or that. I do enjoy the one or two sillies in this thread but come on people lighten up. I didn't say everything I said here was hard concrete fact itís just what I have heard over the years, I may be wrong. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any secrets of Big Thunder. So slow your roll and try and be koo!!!
    Are you implying that my "secret" isn't true?
    You must be one of "them," too.

Quick note the the newbie: There are all different kinds on this board. And there's no way to change them to your ideal poster. This ain't no Stepford Board.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• ---------------

Sorry if you feel things were negative.
    As Data suggested,
    Mis Information can easily be spread on the internet.
    I know if I've head something
    I'll post what I've heard and then ask if anyone can confirm
    so that I'm not spreading a fact that I personally thought was
    true.
    A lot of times I've heard things through CM's.

There's a few on this board that have taken many many years
    to study the history of the park.
    I enjoy learning from these people.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Who are you again?

I'm surprised none of you said this but...
    on the entrance to cave with the waterfall, there is a horseshoe above the entrance with the ends pointing up
    and on the entrance to the cave that has the earthquake, there is another horseshoe, but due to the earthquake it's ends are pointed down

this is because when you put a horseshoe pointed upward, it is a symbol of good luck(the awesome waterfalls) and when its pointed down its considered bad luck( the earthquake)
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Gold Prospector

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post
    I'm surprised none of you said this but...
    on the entrance to cave with the waterfall, there is a horseshoe above the entrance with the ends pointing up
    and on the entrance to the cave that has the earthquake, there is another horseshoe, but due to the earthquake it's ends are pointed down

this is because when you put a horseshoe pointed upward, it is a symbol of good luck(the awesome waterfalls) and when its pointed down its considered bad luck( the earthquake)
    Very true, very true indeed!!!

I thought as you do when I first started lurking around this forum but I've come to look at it from a different perspective that I believe is much more accurate. The membership here consists of many current and former cast members as well as people that have been frequenting the park(s) for decades. Then of course, there are also more than a few people on here that may go on to become Imagineers themselves and have researched every aspect of their favorite (and least favorite) attractions. Needless to say, the people here know Disneyland.

Considering as well that the newest E-Ticket built from the ground up in Disneyland is 15 years old (Indy) and the ride this thread is referring to is over 30 years old, most of the details and secrets have been revealed for some time now.

As a result, when new threads pop up claiming to know new information, it's (in most cases) either already known to many in this forum or simply wrong. I wouldn't take it personal when there is strong disagreement with a claim. It's not to belittle anyone, it's to make sure that rumors aren't being presented as facts since things like that have a tendency to take on a life of their own.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast