View Poll Results: Which would you like to see on the PM track?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • PeopleMover 2.0

    148 88.62%
  • TRON Lightcycles

    19 11.38%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 93
  1. #31

    • Future Princess
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    PeopleMover without a doubt.
    "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."



  2. #32

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Compared to John Hench's design for Tomorrowland '67, the '98 makeover looked like monkey hork. It changed everything from ambiance to sightlines, from crowd flow to color. In sensibility, spatial flow and architectural style it was a visual barf-fest.

    Saying the '98 makeover "didn't change anything but the color scheme" is like saying a tornado rearranged your lawn furniture.

    It didn't change sight-lines, Space Mountain, the Carousel Theater, The Monorail station, the duel towers at the entrance at the part, oh and the people mover track, all the same. Nor did it change ambiance. The only ambiance that was different was replacing the people mover with Rocket Rods which this thread is advocating to have returned.


  3. #33

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    156

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Having the light cycles would be great, if it worked. We learned that a high speed ride has to slam on the brakes for all those sharp turns and the rumbling the overhead track made everytime a car went over head was terrible. I would love to have Tron, and if the used the Vekoma Motorcycle design for seating (locals would know it from Knott's Pony Express ride) it would rock, if it all worked

  4. #34

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrwagnal9 View Post
    We learned that a high speed ride has to slam on the brakes for all those sharp turns and the rumbling the overhead track made everytime a car went over head was terrible.
    That is an insanely easy fix. Coasters now are quieter than ever, all you need to do is fill the tracks with sand and that reduces the sound to just screams as a coaster passes by, a commonly use technique (silver bullet). Something they should do with screamin's hollow yet mega-noisy track.


  5. #35

    • Artistic integrity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    People who want Light Cycles forget one important element if they got what THEY THINK they'd want.

    There's 4,000 feet of track total.

    The Peoplemover circumnavigated it in 16 minutes .. by traveling between 2 to 11 mph tops.

    In the days of Rocket Rods .. which had top speeds of around 28mph (maybe a tad more over the subs/autopia) the rods covered that same 4,000 feet of track in under 3 minutes.

    If they went through with a "Light Cycles" .... we know to imulate the speeds seen in the future film .. we are talking "Rocket Rods" speeds .. right?

    Now .... if they do Light Cycles .. one problem with the Rocket Rods was they didn't have banked turns .. which you would think they would correct right? That would mean .. instead of slowing down ... Light Cycles would end up circling that same 4,000 feet of track in less time it did the Rocket Rods .. so......................

    Why does anyone want a ride that is going to end up being 2 minutes or less?

    The best Disneyland experiences are those that run 5 to 10 to 20 minutes.

    So ... I will ALWAYS vote for another 16 minute Peoplemover experience - thank you.

  6. #36

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glendale County, CA
    Posts
    740

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    People who want Light Cycles forget one important element if they got what THEY THINK they'd want.

    There's 4,000 feet of track total.

    The Peoplemover circumnavigated it in 16 minutes .. by traveling between 2 to 11 mph tops.

    In the days of Rocket Rods .. which had top speeds of around 28mph (maybe a tad more over the subs/autopia) the rods covered that same 4,000 feet of track in under 3 minutes.

    If they went through with a "Light Cycles" .... we know to imulate the speeds seen in the future film .. we are talking "Rocket Rods" speeds .. right?

    Now .... if they do Light Cycles .. one problem with the Rocket Rods was they didn't have banked turns .. which you would think they would correct right? That would mean .. instead of slowing down ... Light Cycles would end up circling that same 4,000 feet of track in less time it did the Rocket Rods .. so......................

    Why does anyone want a ride that is going to end up being 2 minutes or less?

    The best Disneyland experiences are those that run 5 to 10 to 20 minutes.

    So ... I will ALWAYS vote for another 16 minute Peoplemover experience - thank you.
    Well said. Another thing would be that you wouldn't even have time to see the people shopping at the Star Trader or shake your head in pity at the suckers waiting in the two-hour line for Space Mountain. Would lightcycles be fun? Yeah it would. Except like TL 1967 said it would be really short, it would be fairly low capacity which would result in three hour waits just for a stupid two-minute ride, and you would be able to get all of he details in. Lightcycles are pretty much a no-win attraction.

    PeopleMover on the other hand would have VERY high capacity which would result in almost no waits, it would be a relaxing fifteen minute ride that everyone can enjoy, you can admire all of the details and possibly some new PM show scenes (Have the Tron tunnel in the future building of the TRON ride, maybe some futuristic barber shop scene where the Starcade is or something like that.). Tron, like JerredDragon said earlier, can have its own E-ticket in the Innoventions building. It wouldn't make sense to have TWO Tron rides.

  7. #37

    • Disney Fan & Musician
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Just had a dream with an alternate tomorrowland. It had the Peoplemover, but it was a bit different. There were futuristic omnimover shells on the platform. Kind of like this, but white and no foot rest.

    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

  8. #38

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    322

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    It didn't change sight-lines, Space Mountain, the Carousel Theater, The Monorail station, the duel towers at the entrance at the part, oh and the people mover track, all the same. Nor did it change ambiance. The only ambiance that was different was replacing the people mover with Rocket Rods which this thread is advocating to have returned.
    Actually, it did change the sight lines of Tomorrowland significantly.

    It moved the Astro Orbiters from on top the People Mover loading platform to the entrance of Tomorrowland, ruining the symmetry of the hub and marring the entrance to Tomorrowland both esthetically (there is no longer a clear, inviting shot into the land) and physically (the entrance to Tomorrowland is a choke point).

    And I disagree about needing to remove the People Mover tracks. I think a new People Mover attraction could be designed and placed upon the tracks that would be more than just a rehash of the original, and would prove popular for years to come.

  9. #39

    • Artistic integrity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    3,503

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Hey MatterhornJ .. you must have put a word or two into a search engine/google .. to get that photo of that chair ... what was it?

    And from the same gadget website ... I thought of a train of 4-6 of these tied together as The New Peoplemover: Speedway concept car to harness the power of the road Gadget Reviews

    Some other cool stuff ... I use to be into the history .. and possible future of dirigibles .. and thought this was cool:

    Solar-powered blimp for transatlantic adventure Gadget Reviews

    ^^^^

    How about a remake of Island at the Top of the World with a "futuristic" theme to it?

    And this is for our poster "Nautilus": Steampunk RC Nautilus sub to dive like a real submarine Gadget Reviews

  10. #40

    • MargyDisneylandLover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Renton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    551

    Thumbs up Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    I think that an all new People Mover/Autopia attraction should go there. The attraction vehicles would seat four and would be contolled by one of the guest like autopia. The vehicles themselves would sort of look like the time machines from Meet the Robinsons so it would look like you are flying through Tomorrowland, that seems more futuristic than driving a gas powered car on a street. It could also free up space where Autopia is for a new attraction in Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.

    that sounds awesome!!!!
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

    ​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014


  11. #41

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Quote Originally Posted by wulfblat View Post
    Actually, it did change the sight lines of Tomorrowland significantly.

    It moved the Astro Orbiters from on top the People Mover loading platform to the entrance of Tomorrowland, ruining the symmetry of the hub and marring the entrance to Tomorrowland both esthetically (there is no longer a clear, inviting shot into the land) and physically (the entrance to Tomorrowland is a choke point).
    That's not significantly. That is one change! 10% of that entire land was effected. Other than that it is the same Tomorrowland that has been there since 67 with a gold and brown paint job. If you want to see a real TL makeover, look at what was there before 67! Why are you trying to glorify the TL '98 makeover, if you dislike it so much?
    Last edited by k_peek_2000; 05-18-2010 at 05:29 PM.


  12. #42

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    [/QUOTE]

    Cool Picture, I like it!!! They could do an updated people mover themed for WALLE and make the ride vehichles look like the ones from the ship. Keep the general concept but kick it up a knotch.

  13. #43

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Glendale County, CA
    Posts
    740

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Cool Picture, I like it!!! They could do an updated people mover themed for WALLE and make the ride vehichles look like the ones from the ship. Keep the general concept but kick it up a knotch.[/QUOTE]

    No more Pixar tie-ins. PLEASE.

  14. #44

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    how about something not based on a movie, and not already done before... is it possible for Imagineering to Imagine more then just a movie tie-in?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  15. #45

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    how about something not based on a movie, and not already done before... is it possible for Imagineering to Imagine more then just a movie tie-in?
    Those days are over according to Mr. Iger.


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Pictures] Running on the Peoplemover track II
    By krpink in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
  2. [Question] PeopleMover Track
    By PeopleMover Eric in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 07:58 AM
  3. Peoplemover Track Update!!!
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 09:35 PM
  4. No More Peoplemover Track?
    By jepple in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 01:59 PM
  5. Peoplemover, TTA (what to do with the track?)
    By Jspider in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-11-2005, 08:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •