View Poll Results: Which would you like to see on the PM track?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • PeopleMover 2.0

148 88.62%
  • TRON Lightcycles

19 11.38%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

Everyone knows my idea,

• Minion

Someone should send this thread directly to Disney

About 400 miles, maybe less, from Anaheim, CA

A Tron Lightcycles ride seems pretty interesting but it would probably turn out like Rocket Rods did. They had constant problems with Rocket Rods on that track which led to its ultimate demise. That track isn't made for a ride like that unless they redo that entire track which probably won't happen. I would like to see The Peoplemover make a comeback. I think that it would be very popular.

• Blew By You

Peoplemover 2.0, followed by Peoplemover 3.0, followed by Peoplemover 4.0...

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I don't understand the thrill of the PeopleMover. We all complain that Tomorrowland feels so old. How would bringing back an old attraction and an attraction that isn't very futuristic suffice to our standards? And I'd hate to even be stuck on Indiana Jones for 16 minutes and that's my favorite ride of all time. At least the DLR lets you off every other land. This, I'd just be stuck with for so much time out of my day. And with blank boring tunnels and slow movements, it'd just be a much longer version of Casey Jr.

Now I say we do something completely original like someone else said on here. Tron would work better in the arcade or in Innovations. If anything, the coolest thing to possibly do is when Autopia gets the new cars is expand the track to go on the PM track also, even though I think Autopia is long enough but it'd still be very thrilling to be driving OVER Tomorrowland at what feels like your own pace.

When I think future, I think instant gratification, ease of access, better organization, faster working tools, innovative ideas that open our minds and quicker transportation. PeopleMover reminds me nothing of any of these.

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I don't understand the thrill of the PeopleMover. We all complain that Tomorrowland feels so old. How would bringing back an old attraction and an attraction that isn't very futuristic suffice to our standards? And I'd hate to even be stuck on Indiana Jones for 16 minutes and that's my favorite ride of all time. At least the DLR lets you off every other land. This, I'd just be stuck with for so much time out of my day. And with blank boring tunnels and slow movements, it'd just be a much longer version of Casey Jr.

Now I say we do something completely original like someone else said on here. Tron would work better in the arcade or in Innovations. If anything, the coolest thing to possibly do is when Autopia gets the new cars is expand the track to go on the PM track also, even though I think Autopia is long enough but it'd still be very thrilling to be driving OVER Tomorrowland at what feels like your own pace.

When I think future, I think instant gratification, ease of access, better organization, faster working tools, innovative ideas that open our minds and quicker transportation. PeopleMover reminds me nothing of any of these.
    Maybe the future that tomorrowland exists in, isn't what you listed above. Maybe the opposite? For example, nothing works, its worn, old, no access, very little gratification. If thats the future they were going for, well disney is know for the attention to detail.

I would like to see an updated version of rocket rods, with the correct funding for it.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Skipper View Post
    I would like to see an updated version of rocket rods, with the correct funding for it.
    Funding wasn't really the problem with Rocket Rods. There was a lot of effort put in to trying to make it work. It doesn't work.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Did you ever ride the original People Mover?

Whether or not the PM is thrilling, the idea of bringing it back is popular (evidenced by the poll results). Of course, you are entitled to your opinion on the subject, and you present a very interesting argument. I can't help but wonder if you ever rode the ride, though.

And furthermore...what's wrong with Casey Jr?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    That's not significantly. That is one change! 10% of that entire land was effected. Other than that it is the same Tomorrowland that has been there since 67 with a gold and brown paint job. If you want to see a real TL makeover, look at what was there before 67! Why are you trying to glorify the TL '98 makeover, if you dislike it so much?
    There are more ways of measuring significance than percentage of area. That one small change in the Tomorrowland sight lines made a huge (significant) impact on how Tomorrowland looks from the hub, and how the land looked from within. Gone was the view from the hub of a futuristic world in motion awaiting within. Gone was a dynamic fun attraction perched on high, spinning about with happy guests.

How is saying something made a significant change "glorifying" it? The two ideas are orthogonal to one another.

TL '98 was an uninspired, unimaginative, hack job of project. Anyone associated with the final design should have been ashamed.

I personally like the PeopleMover tracks, and think much can be done with the existing infrastructure to create an exciting, well themed, popular new Tomorrowland.

• keh!

really? the Peoplemover was a 16 minutes long? i don't remember it being longer than pirates.

anywho, i would choose Tron. the Peoplemover was pleasant, but so many people worship it like it were The Haunted Mansion. i prefer moving forward and coming up with something new instead of going back to please the fans. there are other relaxing attractions, i would like to see that track become a thrill ride. i preferred the Rocket Rods when they were around. and the light cycles would look nicer and more futuristic.

• Band Geek Extraordinaire

Peoplemover. I never got to ride it (I was born the year it closed!!) but I've seen the pictures and it just sounds really nice and relaxing, something that Tomorrowland seems to lack besides the Monorail.

Plus it would be nice for families-- no height limits, high capacity, and a 15 minute ride around the coolest land in the park.

I voted for Tron Light cycles…I think it could work with the same technology as test track or RSR…but with one “cycle” at a time…

• Banned User

Alright. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so let's weigh out the pros and cons for each.

PeopleMover 2.0:

PROS:

-Nice relaxing ride to chill out on and rest for 15 minutes or so.
    -No height limit. Anyone can ride. Because of its relaxing nature of getting a bird-eye view of Tomorrowland while getting to go inside the Tomorrowland buildings and seeing other show scenes (i.e. Tron tunnel, etc.), it's something EVERYONE can enjoy. Little Sarah, metal-head Mike, and old pops can enjoy. After all, wasn't Disneyland supposed to be a place where the parents AND the children can have fun together? Also it would be pretty nice to ride above the Autopia track and submarine lagoon or look out at the suckers waiting in the two-hour line for Space Mountain.
    -Very high capacity. Therefore, making the wait time very, very, very, very low.
    -It's nice and slow. Therefore, having minimal maintenance costs.

CONS:
    -I can't really think of any. Please comment if you can think of any.

TRON Lightcycles:

PROS:
    -Fast and thrilling. Wouldn't California Screamin', Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain or Indiana Jones offer the same kind of treatment? Just sayin'....

CONS:
    -Very low capacity. The extreme opposite of the PM. One person per lightcycle is bad. They would have to get strapped in and everything. Even if the cycles are packed up in trains, the wait would still be horrendous.
    -It would be very short. Let's see with approx. 4000ft of track, PM=15 min. RR=3 min. Now if they put banked turns on there and reprogramed the tracks the trip could be even SHORTER than RR. 15min. relaxing ride with little to no wait VS 1 1/2 minute thrill ride with long wait?
    -Lightcycles would just be tacky to look at from the ground.
    -Assuming they move on with the TRON ride at Innoventons, there would be two movie rides in the same area! Not good.
    -You would be goin' so fast you wouldn't be able to get all of the scenes it.
    -Horrendous maintenance costs. The track is not build for a thrill ride. Case-and-point Rocket Rods. Tearing down the entire track and building a new one would ruin the charm of the ride completely.

• Blew By You

Don't worry. You'll understand when you get older.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast