View Poll Results: Which would you like to see on the PM track?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • PeopleMover 2.0

148 88.62%
  • TRON Lightcycles

19 11.38%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Cool Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

PeopleMover. I never got to ride it. i want to

• Banned User

Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

Quote Originally Posted by M_McFly View Post
    From this video it looks like Disney wanted ride vehicles resembling cars…oh the memories…..but lets keep them memories in the land of Tomorrow. TRON all the way..
    Actually that's not correct. The cars were used in the World's Fair attraction because the attraction sponsor, Ford, insisted that the ride vehicles be actual Ford cars. This was not the PeopleMover, although it led to the Omnimover system used by Disneyland's PM (as well as Adventures Thru Inner Space and the Haunted Mansion).

All of the early People Mover concept art and models show the PM vehicles looking pretty much the same as they did when the attraction opened at Disneyland. Disney really did want a futuristic looking world in motion for Tomorrowland.

I could live with TRON up there (far better than an empty track), but not at Rocket Rod speeds.

I would greatly prefer a new PeopleMover, and by new I really do mean new, not just a revamp of the old attraction.

• Artistic integrity

Re: Which would you rather have on the PeopleMover track?

Quote Originally Posted by wulfblat View Post
    Actually that's not correct. The cars were used in the World's Fair attraction because the attraction sponsor, Ford, insisted that the ride vehicles be actual Ford cars. This was not the PeopleMover, although it led to the Omnimover system used by Disneyland's PM (as well as Adventures Thru Inner Space and the Haunted Mansion).
    Allow me to clarify ...................

The Ford Wonder Rotunda - Magic Skyway ..... WAS the basis for Disneyland's Peoplemover. (A set of motorized tires placed throughout a track .. moving whatever is above them .. whether it was a 1964 Ford car ... or Disneyland Peoplemover trains. By simply placing a flat plate underneath the vehicle .. and the tires pressed against it, and moved it along.)

You said: "although it led to the Omnimover system used by Disneyland's PM (as well as Adventures Thru Inner Space and the Haunted Mansion)."

What you just said is the ride system for the Peoplemover, HM, and ATIS were one in the same.

They were not.

The "Wedway" embedded tire system ... and the "Omnimover" are two totally separate and different inventions.

In this diagram ... you get the idea for the undercarriage for an omnimover - Most specifically Haunted Mansion's - http://www.hauntedportraits.com/grap...er_patent3.gif

A lot different than the "wedway" design -
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OO7WbmARD0...yway05_lrg.jpg
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 05-21-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567