Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Have the final designs for the Space Mtn been revealed yet?

There was much argument and I never heard a final verdict on which design style they were going with ultimatly on the new revamped Space Mtn.

I heard rumors of a Disneyland Paris clone, based loosly on Jules Verne Trip to the Moon.

Another was a WDW clone, with a loopty loop.

Where do we stand on the this current design?

• Santa Barbara, CA

new music from the composer of the incredibles.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    new music from the composer of the incredibles.

What? Really?

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    There was much argument and I never heard a final verdict on which design style they were going with ultimatly on the new revamped Space Mtn.

I heard rumors of a Disneyland Paris clone, based loosly on Jules Verne Trip to the Moon.

Another was a WDW clone, with a loopty loop.

Where do we stand on the this current design?
    Everything I have heard makes it sound like the ride will have the same layout. But some people are saying that there will be a launch ... who knows, they could have been lying the whole time too.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I think some of the theme elements of the new DL SM will be similar to the new DL Paris SM. I am guessing that the HKDL SM will be a clone of the DL SM, down to theme and rocket and music?

{Spoiler Alert}

There will be new music and new FX that is all. The track was layed out basically the same as the old one. There is NOT a new lauch however the lifts are pretty cool now and there are 2 other tunnels that you go through inside the mountain now.

There are NO loops... and the changes to the track are extremely subtle. They basically adjusted things inside the mountain to make the new track fit. Some curves are lower than they were before. The station is lower than it was before... and you will be closer to the top of the mountian then you were before. The Geo-desic sphere is also gone... as well as the cookie.

There ARE new rockets, they now have onboard sound systems like California Screaming.

I can't think of anything else I saw that was different... If I think of it I will post.

Quote Originally Posted by innonut99
    {Spoiler Alert}

There will be new music and new FX that is all. The track was layed out basically the same as the old one. There is NOT a new lauch however the lifts are pretty cool now and there are 2 other tunnels that you go through inside the mountain now.

There are NO loops... and the changes to the track are extremely subtle. They basically adjusted things inside the mountain to make the new track fit. Some curves are lower than they were before. The station is lower than it was before... and you will be closer to the top of the mountian then you were before. The Geo-desic sphere is also gone... as well as the cookie.

There ARE new rockets, they now have onboard sound systems like California Screaming.

I can't think of anything else I saw that was different... If I think of it I will post.
    Space Mountain had soundtracks before California Screaming :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    Space Mountain had soundtracks before California Screaming :P
    i meant the onboard sound system is the same system that they used in screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by innonut99
    i meant the onboard sound system is the same system that they used in screaming.
    oooohhh
    they used a different system before :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    oooohhh
    they used a different system before :confused:
    I re-read it and saw what I wrote was not clear... hehe that was my fault sorry.

• That's Hawt

Oh, you mean the one that only works half the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Banned User

From what I understand the entire ride is new with the exception of the track layout(and even that is supposedly getting a slightly extended beginning and slightly extended finale)

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Oh, you mean the one that only works half the time?
    hehe funny... Thats what I told the WDI guy who told me they were using it a year ago.

• Sock Puppet

I think we can all agree that how ever the ride is configured, similar to the original or not, it will be scary! I am frightened of space mountain mainly because I heard there is a robot that scans the bar codes of extraterrestrial packages. What if the postage on the boxes is wrong? What if there is some mistake in "intergalactic" zip code? You know they would have to be sent back, and when robots get mad, they get MAD! Nobody likes a package returned; you would know this well had you been on Alien Encounter at WDW, where you see first hand the boss get very upset!
    Also, the people up in that tower that you pass underneath prior to the "take off" are very offensive. People always wave at them, trying to get them to react to their goofy grins; always to fail. But on one memorable ride, as I was passing underneath the bridge I gave a minor, almost undefinable, smile and was returned with the finger! Yes sir, a CM responded to my childish grin with the elevating of the middle finger in my focused direction.
    I have never ridden since.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    I think we can all agree that how ever the ride is configured, similar to the original or not, it will be scary! I am frightened of space mountain mainly because I heard there is a robot that scans the bar codes of extraterrestrial packages. What if the postage on the boxes is wrong? What if there is some mistake in "intergalactic" zip code? You know they would have to be sent back, and when robots get mad, they get MAD! Nobody likes a package returned; you would know this well had you been on Alien Encounter at WDW, where you see first hand the boss get very upset!
    Also, the people up in that tower that you pass underneath prior to the "take off" are very offensive. People always wave at them, trying to get them to react to their goofy grins; always to fail. But on one memorable ride, as I was passing underneath the bridge I gave a minor, almost undefinable, smile and was returned with the finger! Yes sir, a CM responded to my childish grin with the elevating of the middle finger in my focused direction.
    I have never ridden since.
    Very funny post... I used to be one of those guys in that tower... I never gave anyone the finger because I was too busy watching MANY people flashing the cameras on the lifts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast