What do you think about gay day at the park?

I have a homosexual uncle that I'm very fond of and last year I went with him to disneyland on gay day. I thought it was such a fun event to attend. I'm 21 and I've never expereinced something like it. I went with my uncle because he invited me, and now I'm doing a paper on how generations have become more accepting our different people. You can be honest here, I really don't care ts going to be used for my research paper.

My question is what do you guys think about it? How do you feel when on a normal day you see two same sex people holding hands or sharing a loving kiss? Do you think its okay only on gay day or are you okay with seeing that on a normal day?

• Big Hockey Fan

Re: What do you think about gay day at the park?

They do what they want not in front of me and other people. Keep it behind the doors.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie89 View Post
    My question is what do you guys think about it? How do you feel when on a normal day you see two same sex people holding hands or sharing a loving kiss? Do you think its okay only on gay day or are you okay with seeing that on a normal day?
    More specifically .. it's not the actions ... but those days they usually wear red shirts.

It's easier to strike up conversation and make new friends when you know for sure .. someone is ... "family" .....

But I think for some straight people might be annoyed not by the actions .. but large numbers of people dressed in red.

Some may have a problem .. but by and large ... I don't think most people will care .. or even know what the "red" shirt thing is all about.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Couples holding hands or sharing a loving kiss is a-ok with me. However there is the line which ppl shouldn't cross, and that goes for homo AND heterosexual relationships, at least in regards to public displays of affection.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by wweecwdude View Post
    They do what they want not in front of me and other people. Keep it behind the doors.
    I think a simple sweet and quick kiss and holding hands or snuggling is not a problem.

But I can see people having an issue with kisses going on a little too long - straight or gay.

• We set sail for the sky

Quote Originally Posted by wweecwdude View Post
    Get all the straight people in the world to do that and you've got a deal. It's not fair to single out one group of people over another. To answer the question posed in the OP, the gay days event is a fun and harmless gathering of people in red shirts.

• Minion

now im all for gay pride..and all of that implies but i think a GAY DAY @ Disneyland is a bit much..i think it would be more acceptable to not have it..then to almost make it a holiday if that makes sense....the park was fine with out it before..and i think it would be fine with out it now.but at this point it has been declaird as a Disney day..if the powers that be were to stop it for what ever the reason...they would be called prejudice against gays by some groups..either way its a can of worms
    "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

• Banned User

gay people are much more dominant in my school and community that i really doesnt bother me at all, except when they kiss. it doesnt matter though because straight couples kissing also make me uncomfortable. the life of a single dude

• Disney Fan & Musician

I don't mind it one bit, but let's not start flaming here. If we keep a good conversation with no bashing, maybe this will not be sent to the litter box.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie89 View Post

regardless if they are same sex couples or opposite sex couples I feel the same. Hand holding does not bother me, simple kisses do not bother me, full make out sessions should not happen in public.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

I have no interest whatsoever in what any consenting adults do behind closed doors. Nor do I have a problem with them being together as a couple whether it's at a Disney park or anywhere else.
    btw..I'm pretty sure that 'gay days' is neither Disney sanctioned nor Disney organized. It's a very large group of people who organize a day when they will all meet at the park. Just like bat's day or mice chat events or anything else.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Sorry, but this thread is not about Disneyland as much as it's about lifestyles, which can become a very controversial subject. This subject can become very heated and can lead to hate speech and bigotry which is emphatically against MiceChat rules. To prevent this from happening, this thread is being closed.