Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disneyland History Lover

Re: Should Disneyland replace princess fantasy faire w/another Musical

My hope was that since Disney has been re-releasing their classics to Bluray, that they would put on some shows to coincide with the princess movies like Sleeping Beauty and Snow White and change them up as Beauty and the Beast and then Cinderalla come along. But it didn't happen.

I'd be all for something new to come along. PFF is pretty popular, though. I've seen the show once before but I've not gone in to take pictures. We got in line one time but it was moving at a snail's pace so we left. If they do put a new show in there, I hope they remove those bleachers and install actual chairs. It looks odd seeing this fancy backdrop and then... bleachers. They're so not Disney quality and they hurt my back sitting on them for the duration of the show.

• Banned User

Personally, I think they should dump the theater and put in an E-Ticket Pooh's Hunny Hunt-like dark ride in there. Maybe use the same ride technology as that except have it with some other Disney movie.

Ugh. YES. PFF is an excuse to sell princess merch masquerading as entertainment. I love princesses myself, but I don't need a theater to stand in line for a picture with one, nor to find things with their pictures to buy.

My personal preference would be for a show with Mickey and Co. (although not Dream Along with Mickey, which has already been running four years), but a "condensed movie" show wouldn't hurt my feelings, either.

Really, what I want is TDR's shows. Every time I see one, I'm embarrassed that Princess Fantasy Faire is apparently the best we can do for entertainment.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

Enough with the Princess crap......RIP PFF.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'd like them to put a dark ride there, but I'm greedy. I do know I have zero interest in PFF.
    "A" dark ride? You mean 2 or more. That space is over twice the size of TLM. Surely something on the order of POTC or a couple smaller dark rides, shops and a restaurant.

• Artistic integrity

Yes .. another stage show please.

That's what the place was designed for.

Some goodies from the past:

One Man's Dream
    Mickey's Nutcracker (which became a Christmas perennial)
    Pocahontas
    Beauty and the Beast
    ..and the already mentioned: Snow White

The thing that bothers me though - Like Aladdin in the Hyperion ... Disney is not content with just a one or two year run. They milk it so bad .. leaving no room for new shows.

I wish they'd do "seasonal" shows. Meaning .. not Yearly Seasonal .. I mean seasonal like the 4 seasons.

For Fall .... a Halloween geared show.

And for Christmas .. something on the lines like Mickey's Nutcracker.

• Queen Elsa

I just hear from Forbidden Eye and he said that they are doing rehearsing for the coronation ceremony at Princess Fantasy Faire today so it looks like there back.

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Please?! A show would be fantastic. Or tear it out and expand Fantasyland. I loved the idea of the double-decker land someone proposed for a Frontierland/Fantasyland expansion a while back.
    I second an expansion of Fantasyland. I'm not too sure about a double decker land use, especially in the land of earthquakes.
    But make the expansion something original, not connected to any movie. Maybe a song. Maybe a story. There are millions of stories on the Internet, some quite good.

About 400 miles, maybe less, from Anaheim, CA

I wonder why they took out Snow White in the first place. I thought the show was pretty decent from what I remember. I thought it was awesome how they got Patrick Stewart to do the voice of the mirror. I agree that it's a waste of good space to have the Princess Fantasy Faire there when there could be a show in that theater. I'm sure that they'll have something new in there eventually.

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I would vote for new attractions, not another show. I think one theater (Hyperion) for the resort is fine. They really should have built Ariel's Undersea Adventure there instead of forcing it into DCA. If they want the princess all lined up they should put them in the same place they had the villains during HalloweenTime.

I'm all for a new show in the theater. As frequent visitors we've been visiting DCA more often because we like to watch shows and our daughter likes them too. On our last visit I was saying that DL didn't have any good entertainment attractions with performers, and I do not count C!ASP in that category. I remember the Snow White show and thought it was really cute and enjoyable. A friend of my is currently working in Tokyo as a singer in Minnie Oh Minnie and his mom showed me the video and, although it's seriously corny and totally wouldn't work in the US, I kept saying DL should have a good show with good performers, cause it's nice to sit down adn watch a show for 20 minutes during a long day, and it's not as nice to stand in line for Princesses for 20 minutes during a long day.

Thumbs up Re: Should Disneyland replace princess fantasy faire w/another Musical

YES YES YES YES And I think Snow White musical was AMAZING! (to bad they never sold the soundtrack)

They can probably do a new Show with the best of Disney Princess musical numbers .(Once upon a dream, A dream is a Wish,Someday my prince will come,a Whole new world, Reflection) adding to each act Sleeping Beauty touching the spindle, Snow White Bighting the apple, Cinderella getting locked up by the stepmom,Jasmine not believing "Prince Ali",Mulan with her Reflection,Belle saying to the Beast "I love you" and end it with a grand musical finale where each princess gets her own happily ever after (of course with there prince)

They can call it t : "Princess Musical Enchantment "
    something like that or just bring back SNOW WHITE MUSICAL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12