Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mickey's pal

A (Grad) Nite with Donald_Duck

Well, my latest trip to the Happiest Place on Earth was for Grad Nite, and it was awesome. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

It's 3:30 p.m. in Las Vegas, Nevada, and after waiting what seemed like forever in the Nevada sun, the bus showed up. A dean rushed in front of the huddled mass of kids gathered in front of the school, and informed us that there were three buses and we were to get in line for them. Everyone scrambled. I jumped in the line closest to me.

I'm standing there, when I look forward and I realize that I know the girl in front of me. It was the girl I had a huge crush on in fourth grade. (I had no idea she went to my school. She moved in fifth grade and I was unaware she was back.) Then she turned around, motioned towards me and said to her friend, "I had the biggest crush on this guy in fourth grade." Sounds made up but that's exactly how it happened! So I said, "I didn't think you'd recognize me." But she did, and we got to talking. I made a joke about how it would have been nice if she told me she liked me in fourth grade instead of eight years later. She asked me if I wanted to hang out with her and her friend, Mike. I said yes and we got on the bus.

4:00 p.m. We've been sitting on this ungodly hot bus for half an hour. I had a seat in the very back, and it was one of those seats directly facing the aisle. And it was next to the trash and the toilet. But I was about to embark to Disneyland, so, no complaints from me! I was seated behind
    Ashley and Mike, and next to Juan and Jarred, these guys I kinda new from a couple classes of mine. And then we were off!

We had to tip the bus driver up front. Two bucks a piece. Makes no sense. I mean, if this guy killed me on the way there, I'd have tipped the guy responsible for my death. Well, turns out this guy can't drive a bus for crap. He had to pull over a couple times and get out. I don't know what he was doing, but people were...irate, let's say. They were shouting stuff like "I want my tip back!" Ain't highschoolers grand?

But the bus ride was pretty fun. A movie was on, but no one was paying much attention. We were all too busy joking around and stuff. Oh, and the chapperones did a Disney trivia game with 3 easy, medium, and hard questions. I got all three of the "hard" ones right and won a Mickey Mouse frame, a digital photo keychain and a (cheap) MP3 player. Being a Disney nerd pays off. When I'd get a question right, just about the whole bus would turn around and give me this look. It was pretty funny. Then...

After seven or so hours, we were there.

We had to sit on the bus for about an hour again while everyone got informed of the rules, checked in, distributed wrist bands, blah blah... It was torture. I could see Disneyland...it was right there!! And I was stuck on a bus!! Oh, the humanity.

Eventually, we got off the bus, and got to walk that reeeeaaaally long path towards the main gates. After getting pat down, we got in the park really fast.

We went over in front of Sleeping Beauty castle and danced some. Well, my friends danced. I stood there and nodded my head to the music. I can do a lot of things, but dance is not one of them!

Eventually, Jarred and Juan saw some other friends and went off with them to dance elsewhere. Ashley, Mike and I didn't care to dance, we wanted to ride some rides, so that's what we went to do.

They elected me to lead the way, being the Disney guy in the group. First ride of the night was Jungle Cruise. They'd never been on it, so that made it a lot more fun. We checked the wait for Indiana Jones...120 minutes. We all said "NOPE" at the same time and continued on towards Splash Mountain, aaand it was closed. "On to Big Thunder!" Closed too. I was sad. Then these two hot blonde chicks walked past me and slapped me on the butt so I got over it pretty quick.

We went over to the Haunted Mansion and got on it after a 15 or 20 minute wait. Next was Star Tours (about 15 min), Buzz (about 10), then Dumbo (5 min, if even). After Dumbo, we went on the teacups. I forgot how fun it was.

Next, we went on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (about 5 min), Snow White (5 min), and the teacups again.

We did some shopping, various stuff, then next thing we know, it's 5 am or so.

None of us were tired. "We're troopers," Mike said. And we were, because we didn't stop at all. We were on the move all night. Good thing, too, because we didn't end up being one of the thousands of people sleeping on Main Street. Jeeeez. I figured Indy would be a lot shorter right now, and I was right. The sign said 80 minutes, and we got in line. It only took about 40 minutes for us to get on the ride. It was great, and the perfect ride to end the night with.

I wanted to get a picture of Disneyland at sunrise...but by the time we got out of the ride, it was daylight! But the sky was all gray, anyways, so I doubt I could have gotten the pic even if we were outside.

We were told to get going, so we did. The walk back to the bus was a pain. I wasn't tired, and my feet didn't hurt, it was just being pressed against by all these people. I had to tie my shoes three times.

Well, we got on the bus, and left about twenty minutes later. That sucker was dead silent. I think I was the only one awake. We started to go, and, man, I was depressed. Happens every time.

So, there's my TR. It was a great time. I'm really glad I got to have this experience. The park looked great, the music was awesome, I got to hang with some really cool people...it was the most fun I've had in a really, really long time. I needed it. Disneyland Grad Nite 2010, status...awesome.

Alright! Here are some pics!

Around 6 a.m., going towards Downtown Disney to head to the buses.

I wasn't exaggerating. Everybody was o-u-t.

Bye, Disneyland...see you later.

(Sorry there aren't a lot of pics, and that the ones I do have suck. My camera is crap and my pics weren't turning out well, so I just stopped early on in the night.)

And lastly, here is a pic courtesy of Honda:

I'm the tall guy on the left, above the Grad Nite sign. Hi. That's Ashley in the middle, and Mike on the right.

Well, that's all, folks. Thanks for reading!
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: A (Grad) Nite with Donald_Duck

Wow. You guys came all the way from Vegas.

I bet you guys are all excited from the long drive down to L.A.

If it was me, I would be so excited just for the long drive not the park itself. Heehee.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

AWESOME trip report... my grad nite was back in 2005 so many great memories.

anyways, why does it take seven hours to get to Disneyland from Vegas? Every time I drive to Vegas it only take 3 hrs 45mins. probably the bus was slow and u guys took breaks
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Circle of Ancients

Great stuff. I still remember my Grad Night like it was yesterday. So much fun.

• Banned User

glad you had fun!! Sounds like a pretty eventful night!

• Mickey's pal

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    AWESOME trip report... my grad nite was back in 2005 so many great memories.

anyways, why does it take seven hours to get to Disneyland from Vegas? Every time I drive to Vegas it only take 3 hrs 45mins. probably the bus was slow and u guys took breaks
    It never takes me that long normally, the bus was incredibly slow. Our bus driver sucked, too.
    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."

• The one and only

I was totally waiting for sunlight in Disneyland too! But me and a few friends accidentally fell asleep in the Main Street Fire Department.

No complaints, I slept right under Walt's apartment (and partially under the firetruck, for that matter)!

• !!!!!

Sounds like you had a great time!

Awesome tr. Wish It was 2004 again so I could have gone.

• Sock Puppet

Epic TR. Looks like you had a lot of fu-un ^^ (Lucky x3)

I'm hoping that by next year my school will pick up on this event and let us go <3

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Looks like it was fun!

• Say Cheese!

Great report! Great writing! Nice job.

• in a world of my own

I was there too! We, like many, made a mad dash to Space Mountain right when it opened. I've never experienced such chaos at Disneyland in my life! Everyone was running together in a big crowd, I'm pretty sure I saw some people fall. Once we were in line, though, everyone was having fun and random people were giving us high fives as we passed. We went to DCA beforehand for "Blast Off" and it was much less crowded. As we were leaving to enter Disneyland we saw two kids getting handcuffed by the lockers/bathrooms near DCA's entrance. Crazy experience. I've been anticipating Grad Nite for so long, yet, once it was 3 AM we were all ready to leave. The nonstop rave music coming from the hub was really getting on my nerves!

• Mickey's pal

Quote Originally Posted by kayleem View Post
    I was there too! We, like many, made a mad dash to Space Mountain right when it opened. I've never experienced such chaos at Disneyland in my life! Everyone was running together in a big crowd, I'm pretty sure I saw some people fall. Once we were in line, though, everyone was having fun and random people were giving us high fives as we passed. We went to DCA beforehand for "Blast Off" and it was much less crowded. As we were leaving to enter Disneyland we saw two kids getting handcuffed by the lockers/bathrooms near DCA's entrance. Crazy experience. I've been anticipating Grad Nite for so long, yet, once it was 3 AM we were all ready to leave. The nonstop rave music coming from the hub was really getting on my nerves!
    We didn't get in the park until a little after 12, and we knew by then Space Mountain had a huge line so we went for Jungle Cruise instead. Waited about 2 minutes.

Thanks for the replies.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Great TR! My Grad Night won't be until 2013. Lol.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast