• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

C!ASP Vs. Move it, shake it, celebrate it! street party

So i recently just got back from WDW, (Gross right?) haha, kidding it was still a blast, despite some missing quality (Cough POTC&SM)

And even their "Real" parade at MK was less then magical, weather it was the heat or the parade it self, but it was still better then C!ASP, much worse than PPP, anyway to the point of this thread,

I really LOVED their street party, the entire concept is so much better, as is the music compared to C!ASP, they have the same start song, (Hanna Montana, I hate all but that song, and even then i only like it when im at the street party, only at WDW for some reason) but why is C!ASP So much worse then their little street party that parks at the hub 3 times a day? i made it a priority to see all showings of it that i could, and skipped all but one day of C!ADCT parade, which i thought it was terrible, and just re purposed WAY to many times

i guess what im trying to say is, what are your thoughts between the two?

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Re: C!ASP Vs. Move it, shake it, celebrate it! street party

Let's face it. They both have stupid names. Period. Lol.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Well... I see this possibly becoming yet another thread where the C!ASP Haterade flows like wine, but I'll weigh in.

I think "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It!" works at WDW because it does carry the burden of being the only "parade-like" entertainment. They do it a few times a day around the hub so it feels more like a rolling stage show. Also, if it is not your cup of tea, there's the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade which sticks to classic Disney music and theming. Also, they have Spectromagic which is a beautiful nighttime parade on par with DEP (in my humble opinion).

I don't hate C!ASP so much as I hate that it is currently my only option for street entertainment at Disneyland. If they added a new parade, even a couple times a week, I'd be pleased. Sure there is the PPP at DCA, but I just wish they'd add something that carries on the long-standing tradition of a Disneyland parade. At least in my mind, C!ASP is a scapegoat for my frustration with the lack of other parade entertainment. If Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! were the only option at WDW, I'd be just as displeased.

• The Study of Wumbo

This is a good question.

Doesn't Move It only go up Main Street, park, then go back down?

The only experience I have with Move It is walking around it and kind of checking it out when walking across the park.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    Well... I see this possibly becoming yet another thread where the C!ASP Haterade flows like wine, but I'll weigh in.

I think "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It!" works at WDW because it does carry the burden of being the only "parade-like" entertainment. They do it a few times a day around the hub so it feels more like a rolling stage show. Also, if it is not your cup of tea, there's the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade which sticks to classic Disney music and theming. Also, they have Spectromagic which is a beautiful nighttime parade on par with DEP (in my humble opinion).

I don't hate C!ASP so much as I hate that it is currently my only option for street entertainment at Disneyland. If they added a new parade, even a couple times a week, I'd be pleased. Sure there is the PPP at DCA, but I just wish they'd add something that carries on the long-standing tradition of a Disneyland parade. At least in my mind, C!ASP is a scapegoat for my frustration with the lack of other parade entertainment. If Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! were the only option at WDW, I'd be just as displeased.

I agree with 90% of this. Celebrate a dream come true parade is good to some point, but i think it taking place during the hottest time of the day is a mistake, because i couldn't even sit on the sidewalk it was burning hot and it felt like i was sitting on fire, and that may be why i am not a huge fan of C!ADCTP, and more of a fan of the street party, plus i am the dork you see jamming out on the street dancing slightly worse than the performers (haha im such a dork)

so heat in florida may have varied my opinion, but i think Spectro is SLIGHTLY worse then DEP, DEP is a VERY high standard and hard to beat, spectro is good to its own degree but i think DEP was better

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    This is a good question.

Doesn't Move It only go up Main Street, park, then go back down?

The only experience I have with Move It is walking around it and kind of checking it out when walking across the park.
    yes it goes out of the parade gate, parks around the hub, and performs a good 15 min, during the first two shows and the third, a 20 min extended conga line/extra dance part then goes away till showtime again

crowd control is nobody but WDWRR CMs

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

i do not like either. from wdw, however, i did really enjoy spectro magic, and celebrate a dream come true was good.

flower gleam & glow...

• Banned User

I hate both shows. But, if I had to pick, Celebrate! A Street Party is a billion times better than Florida's.