Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Updated Size/Weight Restrictions in Disneyland

I am planning an upcoming trip to Disneyland and have been snooping for information on size and weight restrictions for plus-sized visitors. I read the closed thread from '06, but I was wondering if I could get updated information from park goers for '10.

Thanks!

• Banned User

Re: Updated Size/Weight Restrictions in Disneyland

hmm i don't know.... that is VERY good question!! did you know that knotts soak city is now having guests get on a scale before they get on a certain water ride!! lol wow what this world has come too

• my favorite sociopath

Not to be a jerk, but how 'plus size' are we talking about. I, myself, am 5'6" and 265 pounds and I had no problems getting on the rides I wanted.

• Hooterville, USA

I would call Disneyland and see if it's updated and WELCOME to MiceChat.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Circle of Ancients

At my heaviest I was 6'1" and 265 pounds. Never had any problems on any rides at DL. But as was said before, it depends on how "Plus" size we are talking about.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

My grandmother used to be pretty hefty (she's had gastric bypass, so that isn't the case anymore). I would say she was about 5'5" and over 300 pounds. She never had any problem with weight restrictions. She did, however, feel very uncomfortable on Soarin'. The seats were a little on the small side for her, and she felt as if she was going to fall out.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Whatever information you read in the previous thread should still be valid. I don't think there have been that many changes to any of the rides/attractions since that thread was closed.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Well, I think height might be as much of a concern, for some guests, as their weight is. I'm about 6'4" and currently around 320lbs. I don't look as heavy as I am, due to my heavy-duty bone structure (no, seriously!) but I've got a fairly wide body, regardless. I have no problems with fitting into any ride (not made specifically for small children) at DLR, due to my girth - it's trying to wedge my legs into some rides without having to jam my knees behind the seat ahead of me that's the problem.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Weight was an issue on the Orange Stinger and is likely still an issue on the Silly Symphony Swings. I don't know the specific weight limit, but it will be listed at the sign board of the attraction before you even get in line. Also, height is mainly a problem for attractions with little leg room. I've seen some very uncomfortable dads in Bugs Land.

But for the most part, Disney attractions are built with just about all sizes taken into account. Even the older attractions seem to be able to accommodate most guests.

Cast members are good at spotting issues before people get in attractions. But, to be safe, take a look at the vehicle and ask yourself if you'd be comfortable. If you are, then ride it, if you aren't sure, then ask a few questions or just avoid the attraction.

Honestly, I think you'll be a LOT better off in any Disney park than you would be at Six Flags and other parks where they haven't even tried to accommodate guests of all sizes.

I wish I had the current weight info for you, but I'd bet they can help you out at City Hall when you first get to the park. They must run into this question all the time.

Cheers, have a great trip, and thank you for stopping by MiceChat!

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

As a CM on Indy we have never had a problem with weight that I know of, but we have had to turn people away because of height. A couple of NBA players were there with there kids---kids made it easy dads had to watch!!!

• Cake Anyone?

My ex was 5'6" and weighed over 320 and the only ride he had an issue with was Space Mountain because the lap bar cut into the sides of his legs.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Pretty in Pink Princess

I say the two rides with smallest seats were Mulholland Madness and Space Mountain. Disneyland rides are pretty roomy works for most everyone who goes.

/me mutters something about having to buy two anual passes if my seat takes up two seats on a ride...

• MargyDisneylandLover

im a plus size gal and the only rides i had any trouble with was sm and splash but it was just not comfy i made it in my dad is a big big guy and wasnt comfy in splash as well since they changed the logs but it was more getting in and out that was an issue...on a bright note he fit into screaming and not too many coasters he can do that with anymore disney is really great about the size issue
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    hmm i don't know.... that is VERY good question!! did you know that knotts soak city is now having guests get on a scale before they get on a certain water ride!! lol wow what this world has come too
    to clarify the Soak City thing, they weigh a GROUP of people to safely and appropriately place them on the innertubes. they do not weigh people individually nor is the weight visible to anyone but the ride op

as to Disneyland, my husband is 6'5" and 300lbs and has no issues with any current rides, altho i'm sure he woudlnt' be able to ride Silly Symphony Swings when it opens
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast