Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country Bear Queue

Does anyone have pictures of the Country Bears queue? I was only 13 when the attraction was removed so all I have are vague memories of it. I've seen several pictures an videos of the show itself but what I've yet to see are pictures of the nicely themed queue I last saw as a child. If I remember correctly it had a lodge theme and there were arcade games. It would be neat to see pictures of it.

• Minion

Re: Country Bear Queue

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but I can tell you what I remember - there were appropriately-themed "dressing room doors" for each of the bear characters, including a ladder that led up to Teddi Barra's dressing room. On Henry's door (I think) there was a note that read, "Come on up and see me sometime - Teddi Barra". I remember liking the theming a lot - of course, the show itself was one of my favorites.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

I remember there being 2 waiting areas as there was 2 theaters. Both were in the same hallway I want to say. There was some of those foot massage chairs themed to the Frontierland area. And there was a Henry game where you can make a small figure (like the Pinocchio one on Main Street) of him dance. It was themed to the theater so the curtain would open and there he was in that small circular stage setup.

• I'm a Lutheran

Ya I remember dressing room doors, posters with pictures of the bears on them, the Henry arcade game, and a bunch of benches. I think there were a couple of windows outside but I forget if there were. I was able to find a picture of this on Wikipedia.

Notice how Terrence was renamed to Shaker here.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Missing my AP

I took extensive video of the queue on the Bear Jamboree "final weekend" but it would take me atleast a week to locate it and digitize it. I'm sure other MiceChatters can help you before I can.
    Sure miss that attraction!
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

• A Malice in Wonderland...

Just the couple pictures I've seen on here reminds me what a much more thoroughly themed attraction this was than pooh's. I was in my early teens when they removed this as well but I have only the fondest of memories.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Princess View Post
    Does anyone have pictures of the Country Bears queue? I was only 13 when the attraction was removed so all I have are vague memories of it. I've seen several pictures an videos of the show itself but what I've yet to see are pictures of the nicely themed queue I last saw as a child. If I remember correctly it had a lodge theme and there were arcade games. It would be neat to see pictures of it.
    Hmpf. Didn't know it had closed... Do they still have the one in Florida?

• socal native

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Hmpf. Didn't know it had closed... Do they still have the one in Florida?
    The WDW one was still running in 09. We saw it last year, hoping for great nostalgia, but left slightly disappointed since the bears were in terrible shape. The eyes on some didn't blink at all or only had one working eye. Others were cross eyed (and shouldn't have been, kinda creepy). I forget which, but one bear's head appeared to just be unattached and dangled on his shoulders. It was the same show I remembered at DL as a kid when my parents would drag me to it, but not quite the same. Hope it got a refurb sometime in the past year. We joked that since they closed the one at DL, they should at least have the old AAs to switch them out when they look that bad.

• Minion

I saw it at WDW in 1978, and I too left the show disappointed - but because I didn't like the show. Never saw it again. The only part I liked were the talking heads of the animals in the queue area.

• My Favorite Anna

What I have hear is Disneyland still has the Big AL AA but they only use it during Hollween and Christmas time. The reason is that Big Al is now Oogie Boogie from the Hunted Manstion.

MY LONG TIME FRIEND THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN FOR 2 YEARS.

• Disneyland Fan

Cool Re: Country Bear Queue

I don't have pics on line yet but I have some video of the CBVH in Disneyland and the CBJ at the Magic Kingdom.

Have a look.
    Brian9549

Relive fond Memories of The Country Bears
    The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown!
    The Country Bear Jamboree
    The Country Bear Christmas Show

Come see my other vids on google and youtube, just search for brian9549 or click here or here or here

We just saw CBJ a few weeks ago at WDW and the attraction looked great. Everything was working and all the bears looked in pristine condition. It was great to get to see it again since I was young the last time I saw it at DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    What I have hear is Disneyland still has the Big AL AA but they only use it during Hollween and Christmas time. The reason is that Big Al is now Oogie Boogie from the Hunted Manstion.
    I've always heard this rumor but then other sources have told me that at least a few of the old Disneyland country bears are in storage up at WDI and that entertainment or whatever group it was that designed HMH wouldn't have access to the country bears animatronics since HMH was done by a contract company.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Funny you should ask this. about a week or two ago, those posters in the queue were on ebay. Looks like they all sold, but the Entrance sign is back up for sale:

DISNEYLAND COUNTRY BEAR JAMBOREE ENTRY SIGN - ORIGINAL! - eBay (item 300430487284 end time Jun-02-10 12:10:38 PDT)
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Funny you should ask this. about a week or two ago, those posters in the queue were on ebay. Looks like they all sold, but the Entrance sign is back up for sale:

DISNEYLAND COUNTRY BEAR JAMBOREE ENTRY SIGN - ORIGINAL! - eBay (item 300430487284 end time Jun-02-10 12:10:38 PDT)
    If I win the lotto...i will buy it for my mom!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast