Is it better to buy an annual pass At Disneyland, online, or does it not matter?

Hey micechatters, I've lurked on these boards since 2005, and had an account that was banned for some reason, and now have a question about AP's. I'm going to college in socal (Loyola Marymount University to be exact) and was wondering if it was better to purchase an annual pass online, at DIsneyland, or if it didn't matter. Also, does anyone know about some sort of college discount on annual passes? And is there ANY way to get to Disneyland from Loyola Marymount University without the comforts of a car?

I asked that last question for future reference because this friday, my fellow graduates/friends for life are taking a 3 day trip to Disneyland which we have waited for FOREVER! Lastly, am i making the right decision buying a 365 premium annual pass for a Loyola Marymount University student? My mom thinks it's smarter to do this, rather than buying the 3 day park hopper or 315 Deluxe pass.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! I REALLY HOPE THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF COLOR WILL HAVE SOME SORT OF SOFT OPENING THIS WEEKEND!!!

Re: Is it better to buy an annual pass At Disneyland, online, or does it not matter?

Well its faster to buy your pass online - one less line to stand in getting in the Main Gate and either way you then head to the Bank on Main Street to get your photo and card.

If you will be in the SoCal area then its always a better deal to buy a pass. Depending on which pass you buy, just two visits to the park can cost as much or more than the pass. If you don't think you'll go to the park too often in the year you may not want to buy the parking pass (I believe single day parking is still $11). And, LOL, no discounts on Annual Passes ... its Disneyland silly! But when you buy the Premium Pass you get some discounts on food and other purchases inside the park.

Sorry, don't know about the transportation question, can't help you with that one. You should call the park and ask them, they ought to know.

Have a great time on your trip - Disneyland is never not fun!

Re: Is it better to buy an annual pass At Disneyland, online, or does it not matter?

Thanks chessire! Any other input out there??

I suggest you do the premium pass but go to the park and do the pay monthly option. You pay the one day admission price up front and then depending on if you pay more money up front or not you can determine the monthly payment. We got the premium pass put down the one day admission and we pay 29.50 per month and to be honest with all the extra discounts you get and just a few visits its more than paid for itself. Its actually one of the best decisons I ever made. I can imagine that as a college student paying 400bucks at once might be difficult as well so paying monthly really works.

hope this helps!!

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

i go to lmu too and have a premium pass. totally worth it. and the ticket lines at the park suck (esp. since you're going on a friday) and if your friends have to wait around for you to get your pass it'll suck even more so buy it online.

flower gleam & glow...

• Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!

After years with my Premium AP I had gone one year without a pass. When I renewed (basically got it again) last year I bought them at the park (got there at opening). Ther tix line wasn't too long and since my picture was already in the system I got my new pass w/picture right at the ticket booth!

If you buy online do it more than a day before. Even though it says the ticket will be e-mailed to you instantly, it actually can take up to 24 hours. I did it online the day before I planned to go and the email didn't get to me in time. They ended up giving me a comp 1 day parkhopper and I had to go back at the end of the day to get my AP. This was actually a huge pain since every step of the process required special approval, even when I went for my picture.

As for the deluxe or premium, it depends on how much stuff you eat and buy and whether you want parking or not. If you need parking, the cost of a premium (which includes parking) isn't that much more than a deluxe and is easily made up with even the occasional meal or purchase. Even if you don't need parking it still might be worth it to get the premium if you buy a lot of stuff or plan to go on holidays for some reason.

• ohai

Click Here for Gate Prices

I don't know if you can find something cheaper on some discount site

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    If you buy online do it more than a day before. Even though it says the ticket will be e-mailed to you instantly, it actually can take up to 24 hours. I did it online the day before I planned to go and the email didn't get to me in time. They ended up giving me a comp 1 day parkhopper and I had to go back at the end of the day to get my AP. This was actually a huge pain since every step of the process required special approval, even when I went for my picture.

As for the deluxe or premium, it depends on how much stuff you eat and buy and whether you want parking or not. If you need parking, the cost of a premium (which includes parking) isn't that much more than a deluxe and is easily made up with even the occasional meal or purchase. Even if you don't need parking it still might be worth it to get the premium if you buy a lot of stuff or plan to go on holidays for some reason.

Mine took between 3 and 4 days. And even though your old pass still has a valid date, they will cancel it as soon as they issue your new one...even if it's in the mail. They can over ride it for you if you try to use it, but it's a pain being stopped when you try to park hop, and sometimes they have to call a lead in order to verify it.

That being said, the two advantages to online would be the $20 savings off of the price, the 20 percent off coupon, and the other design with Mickey, etc. I think that design might only be available on the internet, but I could be wrong.

• Just splashing around...

When I was in college in southern California, I always had the So Cal resident pass - it served me just fine, as I never had classes five days a week, so my fellow pass-holding friend and I would often just hop on down to Disneyland on, say, a Thursday. Or even if we did have class, sometimes we'd just... uh... not go (don't tell your mom I'm giving you that advice). We didn't need it for the weekends, and really didn't want to be there on the weekends anyway, because of the crowds. It will save you a couple hundred dollars and you can get the So Cal resident passes with a So Cal college ID. You should add parking, though - it's $14/day now!

Quote Originally Posted by CHESHIRE PUSS View Post
    Well its faster to buy your pass online - one less line to stand in getting in the Main Gate and either way you then head to the Bank on Main Street to get your photo and card.
    The Bank of Main Street has not been a pass processing center for some time now. It's not the Disney Gallery. You can get your pass picture taken at the Plaza Pavilion in DL or inside the Greetings store in DCA.

^*now the Disney Gallery...sorry

When I went to LMU, they sold annual passes on campus. It was where you could get discount tickets for other places too, near the Campus Ministry office and the Greek Life office. The passes they sold were a bit cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

Go Lions!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by christhelakersfan View Post
    And is there ANY way to get to Disneyland from Loyola Marymount University without the comforts of a car?
    You're going to stay at or near the resort for three days?
    If so, you can get yourself down to LAX and ride the Disneyland Express from any terminal. Check online for more details on how to buy tickets and when/where to board.

I don't recommend this for day trips, as the last bus leaves too early at night back to LAX.

For day trips:
    1. Get yourself to the Green Line, Imperial Highway and Sepulveda.
    2. Ride Green Line east to Blue Line.
    3. Ride Blue Line South to Long Beach.
    4. Get on LB Bus 91, 92, 93 or 94, east to CSULB.
    http://www.lbtransit.com/Schedules/D...today&mode=map
    5. Off at Channel Drive.
    6. Get on OCTA 50.
    http://www.octa.net/pdf/pdf/mar10/route050.pdf
    7. Get off OCTA 50 at Katella and Harbor.
    Last edited by sediment; 05-26-2010 at 11:08 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."