Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Disney attraction portraits

I've started work on a series of Disney attraction cartoon portraits and am posting the first of the series now. I have a few done already, but as big an undertaking as most of them are, I'm going to dole them out slowly to give myself time to finish the rest. Without further ado, here's the first: the world-famous Jungle Cruise:

Can also be seen on my personal website or a larger version at My DeviantArt account.

Hope you like it! More to come!
    Last edited by clockworkmonkey; 05-26-2010 at 09:45 AM.

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Disney attraction portraits

That's pretty cool!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• I'm not really here

I like that a lot! The fun cartoon style is great. I can't wait to see the others as you come out with them!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

About 400 miles, maybe less, from Anaheim, CA

Nice work!

• Banned User

Great job!!!

• "I Break Things"

I like that you used the different skipper costumes (well 3 of them anyhow there are actually a lot more). You would have scored higher marks if you put the props back on top of the Adventure style boats... oh and ditch Elli! That said thank you for including Sam's mask and overall good job.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

Tech, not a fan of Ellie? She's mostly there for an elephant presence in the picture, though I don't mind the little squirt too much. I definitely prefer the old masked version of Sam too. It's amazing how many skipper costumes there have been through the years. I imagine the skip on that blue boat probably has a Hawaiin shirt on and a traditional captain's hat.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Very very fun! I like it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I appreciate that you used the old style striped awnings on two of the boats! They were my favorites. I look forward to more pictures.

<cough-keelboats-cough>

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Say Cheese!

Nice!!

Thanks everybody.

HiddenMickeyBook , I too prefer the colorful old canopies, though I did include one modern boat too. I mixed in a little old, a little new, a little California, and a little Florida.

• Faerie Godmother

I faved this on deviantArt, but I don't mind heaping more praise on it here. It's a terrific tribute to a ride that doesn't get anywhere near as much fan love as it deserves.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

That is really terrific! I love the design and execution, the style is so perfect for a fun spot like the Jungle Cruise and you did a phenomenal job including things that most people won't even notice but that have great meaning (as the above posts indicate)

I'm really looking forward to POTC and HM, my two favorites, as well as any others. Please please keep posing as you finish.

Time for portrait #2, the Haunted Mansion:

"When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight!" Welcome, foolish mortals, to my Haunted Mansion attraction portrait. A handful of the attraction's 999 happy haunts have come out to socialize with you, including the famous hitchhiking ghosts, the mysterious hat box ghost, and the original version of the attic's beating-heart bride. In the background are (from left to right), Walt Disney World's mansion exterior, the Disneyland original, and the Disneyland Paris ride remix known as Phantom Manor.

As you can probably tell, this is a combination of two physical drawings, one drawing of anything that's a solid object (the caretaker, the singing busts, the graves, etc.) and another of just the ghosts. Put them together, adjust the opacity of the ghosts, and taa-daa: see-through apparitions! Can also be seen on my personal website or a larger version, at my DeviantARt account.

• wanderlust

Very fun pictures! I can't wait to see more
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast