Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Re: World of Color Dining Packages available now (merged threads)

I'm also now 'okay' with the option of basically buying a fastpast ticket as part of a meal plan. I am an AP member with two small daughters. Absent the dining option, there is no way we would be able to see the show until the crowds die down. With the dining deal, I've been able to book a dinner at Ariel's Grotto on my younger daughter's birthday a few days after the WOC premie, and we will get tickets to the 9 pm show. The tickets cost about $10 more than the normal price for Ariel's Grotto. Well worth it.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    So since everyone seems to like the whole "pay per view" concept why not simply make this a common practice throughout the entire resort?
    Only half the reserved viewing area(Paradise Park) is pay per view, the other half is FP in the morning. Additionally every else surrounding WOC is first come first serve.

They are giving options, from free up to $40 per person, with many choices in between. I wish every show had this wide range of options.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Picnic Option = steal!

and the food sounds yummy!

Are they going to be sticklers with adults buying kids meals? My fiance doesn't eat much, and wouldnt want to waste all that food. Think it would be an issue?

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    Picnic Option = steal!

Are they going to be sticklers with adults buying kids meals? My fiance doesn't eat much, and wouldnt want to waste all that food. Think it would be an issue?
    That's a good question.....I would think if they are charging the same they wouldn't care; but for those places that have different prices for kids (3-9) then for adults(10+) they may let you have the kids meal but still charge you for the adult meal......but that's just my speculation

I love how Disney doesn't let anyone make a reservation unless they are an adult(18+) but when it comes to food and admission anyone over 10 is considered an adult
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I love how Disney doesn't let anyone make a reservation unless they are an adult(18+) but when it comes to food and admission anyone over 10 is considered an adult
    Never thought of that before! Brilliant!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    Picnic Option = steal!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    That's a good question.....I would think if they are charging the same they wouldn't care; but for those places that have different prices for kids (3-9) then for adults(10+) they may let you have the kids meal but still charge you for the adult meal......but that's just my speculation

i think since the adult and kids picnic meals are the same price, they won't care. and at other disney quick service/restaurants, i have ordered the kids meal and they really don't care. maybe one time at either the blue bayou or cafe orleans a couple years ago, my sister wanted something on the kids menu and our waitress tried to give my dad a hard time about it but still let her get it.

flower gleam & glow...

Quote Originally Posted by aznshrek88 View Post
    Is there any way to update the 1st half of this thread? I just got off the phone with Disney Dining for June 12th, got my rezzies for 5:10pm (2) at Ariel's and was told that my tickets for WOC were guaranteed...
    I'm so happy to hear that!! That had me a little concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    So since everyone seems to like the whole "pay per view" concept why not simply make this a common practice throughout the entire resort?
    Hey, Sparky -- it WAS common practice throughout the resort. You had to PAY to ride the rides! E Tickets? Might ring a bell?

Why is it such a shocking concept that in the 21st Century, you pay to see the shows?

I'm driving from Texas and I've lined up every damned VIP preferred seating event possible, from the Jungle Cruise to Fantasmic, from the Tiki Birds to Aladdin, from World of Color A Bug's Life...and I am THANKFUL for these opportunities.

At Disneyland we can simply divide the entire parade route into small reservable boxes that you can pay a premium for.
    Normally, that would sound great, if I didn't already think the parades were a wate of time. Premium seats for fireworks, though? Sign me up, Brah!

We can also provide a similar services for Fantasmic. The entire center viewing area (best seats in the house) will be roped off and also any area around the river. Ground will be divided up into squares with the areas closest to the river more pricey than the standard views behind those. Again you won't have to sit on that dirty ground or stand. A chair will be provided along with snacks for the basic package and a 3 course dinner for the premium boxes.
    I'm all for it. Great idea. More time to spend on the rides, less time warming the concrete with my own buttcheeks.

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?
    Nope. I'm all for it.

Well as long as people keep supporting this whole "Pay per view" concept that's what's gonna eventually happen.
    As long as the population of the world continues to swell, and as long as Disneyland has finite real estate, get ready for the return of Tickets in the next decade and get ready for Fantasmic to become a ticketed event.

I made my reservations today for Ariel's Grotto for 6/27 for the WoC package and was told that i had guaranteed passes to the premium viewing area, but apparently there will still be a line for the area. The details are still fuzzy, but she said they would know more about it in the next day or two, which is after the CM preview. Since Disney uses these events to work out kinks in their plans, it may change after that as well, especially if there are problems.

I figure I have the reservation and the details will become clearer after it opens. I'll still be able to change my plans, or try other methods because I'm there for 3 nights.

I LOVE the idea of the dining plans (I like to eat anyway!), the picnic boxes, and the FastPass. I rarely watch Fantasmic! anymore because everyone camps out for hours beforehand. And really kind of ruins the atmosphere of the Rivers of America with everyone camped out like that. I mean I see people starting to camp out by 3 or earlier!! For tourists thats really not a great use of your time. It's the locals that do a lot of this, not just an annual passholders (I am one but don't live near Disney) It's not a fair system for the people who've never been to or haven't visited DL often.

This new system has free, and inexpensive options, so it's not discriminating. Even the dinner prices really aren't that bad (but I live in SF YMMV).

I just hope that WoC is good enough so that I won't miss the Electrical Parade too much. Wish they had moved it back over to Main Street myself....

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyRister View Post

As long as the population of the world continues to swell, and as long as Disneyland has finite real estate, get ready for the return of Tickets in the next decade and get ready for Fantasmic to become a ticketed event.
    I hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by cosmogrrl View Post
    I LOVE the idea of the dining plans (I like to eat anyway!), the picnic boxes, and the FastPass. I rarely watch Fantasmic! anymore because everyone camps out for hours beforehand. And really kind of ruins the atmosphere of the Rivers of America with everyone camped out like that. I mean I see people starting to camp out by 3 or earlier!! For tourists thats really not a great use of your time. It's the locals that do a lot of this, not just an annual passholders (I am one but don't live near Disney) It's not a fair system for the people who've never been to or haven't visited DL often.
    Totally agree, and I find it curious that some of the same people who defend the AP program as a money maker for Disney claiming they spend so much money inside the park are balking at .......spending a little money at the park
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Waiting for fireworks...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

The Prix Fixe meals come with Preferred Viewing, which will be located in the center of Paradise Park.
    I think this really is the best option...Yes I will be paying the most money but I have a guaranteed dinner and a guaranteed ticket to see WOC. And I won't have to spend time in line wondering if I'll even be able to get a Fastpass.

The food being offered in the picnic package sounds better to me than the dining menus. The dining options seem like heavier meals.

• Dream in wonderful color!

here's a new video that features the WoC Picnic Meals:

Video of ?World of Color? Picnic Meals Disney Parks Blog
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• WDW CP Spring 2013

I was wondering what cold fried chicken looks like.

• Minion

I made reservations for the Wine Country, but does anyone know where this is?
    Jeff Wayne

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast