Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

•   

Re: World of Color Dining Packages available now

With the high demand for WOC dining reservations, I find it hard to believe that they would offer this to someone who shows up the same day and goes stand-by for a table. They need to keep a lid on the number of people who are going to the premium viewing area.

I could MAYBE see them offering it to people toward the end of the reservation window for a show on an as-needed basis to fill reservations that were not kept by people that called in.

My $.02

So the seating area for the dining package is on the bridge connecting the viewing area and Ariel's Grotto?

• Resident of the Caldera

The location of the bleachers for the seating area on the bridge is my educated guess. Where else can they be?

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

got my dining package for the first showing on June 11 at ariel's grotto at 5 pm. she said i should do 5 to ensure i get the tickets. so i guess they will prob run out of tickets at WCT and AG. i'm excited!! but super nervous that things will go horribly awry since it's the first time doing it :/

flower gleam & glow...

I am assuming this has a 60 day window for reservations?????

• Queen Elsa

I have a question. I know that they said they will be closing Ariel's for dinner. When is the last time you can go there for lunch. The reason is I have a friend and he wants to do Ariel's this Sat. and I usely do a 1pm time for Ariel's will they still do walk ins for lunch time?

• I'm wishing

Woo hoo! Ariel's Grotto at 7:30 on June 11th for the 2nd show!

See many of you there!!

• Minion

Are we sure its a "Special Area" to watch the show and not that they just give you a ticket to one of the areas already available.
    Jeff Wayne

Exclamation Re: World of Color Dining Packages available now

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    The location of the bleachers for the seating area on the bridge is my educated guess. Where else can they be?
    Just a reminder that no one at Disney has confirmed any of this.

No bleachers have been announced, no "seating" locations (if it will be seating), etc... I know a lot of people read posts like Fukai's and assume it's 100% true.
    -Wes

• Waiting for fireworks...

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    Woo hoo! Ariel's Grotto at 7:30 on June 11th for the 2nd show!

See many of you there!!
    Did you want the 2nd showing or is the 1st showing sold out already?

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Are we sure its a "Special Area" to watch the show and not that they just give you a ticket to one of the areas already available.
    When I made a ressie the CM told me that there would be a designated area for the dining package...they just didn't know where it would be yet. She assured me we would not be thrown in with the masses (as I already posted).
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I'm interested in getting an opinion from some of you DCA/Disney Dining pros:

I made reservations for the WoC Dinner at Ariel's Grotto one of the night's during our trip in July. (She was very clear that there would be no nighttime appearances by the princesses for anyone who may be wondering.) The CM offered me either an indoor or outdoor table. I usually always love sitting outside to eat when we go out at home, but after talking with the CM, I got to thinking: "ugh it could be really hot, ugh the outdoor seating area may or may not be nice..."

Does anyone have any input to share on inside versus outside seating at Ariel's Grotto? Would I be silly to sit outside in July for dinner? I'm also not sure what the setup is like for the outside... is the inside much nicer and would it just be an all around better experience? Or alternatively, has anyone ever sat outside and had a marvelous experience? She said if I changed my mind, it should be easy for me to call back tomorrow and change to a different seating location since we're only a party of 2.

Thanks for any advice you might have! I knew I could rely on you guys to guide me!

I have one question and don't know if anyone has checked.

The price of the WOC menu/ dine package sounds very close to what they already charge for a fixed dining in Ariels.

I might be wrong but the diference is only a few dollars and that is why they are able to say that tickets are not gaurantied. This might allow anyone eating at the restuarant who orders from the predetermine menu tickets to the show as a bonus for eating at the restuarant. It almost seems like they are trying to keep the restuarant booked by adding an incentive

Does anyone remember what the dining price for Ariels is normally?
    Last edited by Baloo; 05-27-2010 at 07:47 PM.

• Achieving epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post

I made reservations for the WoC Dinner at Ariel's Grotto one of the night's during our trip in July. (She was very clear that there would be no nighttime appearances by the princesses for anyone who may be wondering.) The CM offered me either an indoor or outdoor table. I usually always love sitting outside to eat when we go out at home, but after talking with the CM, I got to thinking: "ugh it could be really hot, ugh the outdoor seating area may or may not be nice..."

Does anyone have any input to share on inside versus outside seating at Ariel's Grotto? Would I be silly to sit outside in July for dinner? I'm also not sure what the setup is like for the outside... is the inside much nicer and would it just be an all around better experience? Or alternatively, has anyone ever sat outside and had a marvelous experience? She said if I changed my mind, it should be easy for me to call back tomorrow and change to a different seating location since we're only a party of 2.

Thanks for any advice you might have! I knew I could rely on you guys to guide me!
    Living in the area my entire life, you wouldn't catch me outside in July for long periods of time, especially to enjoy a meal (after being outside most of the day at DLR/DCA).

That's just me though. A lot of it depends on that specific day, but bet on it being high 90's, sun/glare off the water, etc. Might a safer bet to sit inside. Say you had inside reservations, and on that day when checking in decided you wanted to sit outside, I'm almost positive they would make it happen.

Desires should not be hindered, no matter how difficult life might appear to be.
    If you fail, don't cease; keep going, keep trying.
    Giving up is never an option.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    They could easily be anywhere else, including the places that don't make any sense (knowing disney)

Quote Originally Posted by kburford View Post
    got my dining package for the first showing on June 11 at ariel's grotto at 5 pm. she said i should do 5 to ensure i get the tickets. so i guess they will prob run out of tickets at WCT and AG. i'm excited!! but super nervous that things will go horribly awry since it's the first time doing it :/
    Amen. I'm scared to even try to see it opening week, much less making some kind of dinner reservation that they haven't worked out the plans for.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Our Lucky Family View Post
    Living in the area my entire life, you wouldn't catch me outside in July for long periods of time, especially to enjoy a meal (after being outside most of the day at DLR/DCA).

That's just me though. A lot of it depends on that specific day, but bet on it being high 90's, sun/glare off the water, etc. Might a safer bet to sit inside. Say you had inside reservations, and on that day when checking in decided you wanted to sit outside, I'm almost positive they would make it happen.
    Really? This is California! The OP said the reservation at AG was for one NIGHT during her trip. It will not be hot at night here, even in July. It will probably be quite pleasant. Personally, all summer, as soon as the sun is down I need a jacket or sweatshirt. It doesn't get humid here, so the heat from the day dissipates really well.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast