Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Re: Happy 50th Anniversary Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland!

Wow i wasnt even born when this ride CLOSED! It looks so cool
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Minion

A lot of kids today probably wouldn't enjoy the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, if it existed today exactly as how it was, because they have been raised on video games, special effects, 3-D movies and intense thrill rides. Those kids would probably find the Mine Train boring and corny. Other kids, however, would appreciate the style, character, humor and beauty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    A lot of kids today probably wouldn't enjoy the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, if it existed today exactly as how it was, because they have been raised on video games, special effects, 3-D movies and intense thrill rides. Those kids would probably find the Mine Train boring and corny. Other kids, however, would appreciate the style, character, humor and beauty of it.
    thats sooo true then they'd say "six flags is better" even more

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Minion

My friend Erik says that (he's 40 and goes to Six Flags). He likes to say Disneyland is for people under 8 and over 80.

-___- i use to say that sooo much then i went during 50th anniversary and i was like O.O
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINE TRAIN THRU NATURES WONDERLAND

TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Who are you again?

although pretty much every part of that pretty much describes the entire population of people under 18,
    except for that one 14 year old living on that little island a ferry ride from NYC,
    AKA jesterjack, AKA, me!
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Disneyland History Lover

Thanks for the excellent and merited thread, Nautilus. And thanks to Bob for the splendid pictures. I am one who wasn't born until the mid '80s and would never have had the opportunity to visit the attraction but am yet fascinated by it and all it had to offer guests of the park. I can't help but feel that it would have been my favorite attraction in the park. While I feel it is a shame that such a landmark attraction was eventually let go, I am glad for those that we have who share their invaluable memories of it and for the pictures that we are left with. I also have to appreciate the fact that Disney likes to leave signs of their previous attractions when newer ones take over. If they didn't, we wouldn't have the bits and pieces that we do today. It would be something if Disney embarked on re-creating the Living Desert portion of this attraction at the very least and rebuilt it as it was... perhaps as a walk-through exhibit. It would also be something if they attemped to dig up all that may have been buried when the attraction was closed.

A very Happy 50th Anniversary to the Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland.

• Collision speed....FULL!

I feel the same, but I guess it's not the case as Haunted Mansion, Pirate's of the Caribbean, It's a Small World have survived this long and are as popular as ever. Heck, even Knott's Calico mine ride is still running well. It's just that age group at the moment doesn't appreciate this kind of stuff, but that age group will eventually change and grow like everyone else, and they will come to like it.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Thanks for the remembrance, and this nicely done thread. The pictures are great too! While I love BTMRR of course, I have many fond memories of the Mine Train. It was a very nice attraction indeed.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Thanks for the thread and the great photos. Brings back such nice memories. My favorite parts were the teetering rocks, the devils paint pots and the Rainbow caverns. I was always a bit scared of the dark when I was little but that was part of the excitement for me. The colors in the water were stunning.

• Infinitized!

Yup exactly. We shoud be glad Disney hasn't rethemed Frontierland to Cyrusland... yet.

Great thread OP.

• Minion

What impresses me about the old footage of Frontierland is all the bustling activity. People on the Mine Train, the Pack Mules, the Conestoga Wagon, the Mark Twain, the Columbia, the canoes, the Keel Boats, the rafts to Tom Sawyer Island, the kids running around on Tom Sawyer Island, people milling about the shops and the Golden Horseshoe. Plenty of people, just like nowadays, but nearly everyone's doing something instead of just standing in line.

• Disneyland History Lover

What impresses me about the old footage of Frontierland is all the bustling activity. People on the Mine Train, the Pack Mules, the Conestoga Wagon, the Mark Twain, the Columbia, the canoes, the Keel Boats, the rafts to Tom Sawyer Island, the kids running around on Tom Sawyer Island, people milling about the shops and the Golden Horseshoe. Plenty of people, just like nowadays, but nearly everyone's doing something instead of just standing in line.
    Sounds like the way Tomorrowland used to be back in the day. It also sounds like Disney was shelving a bunch of smaller, original, and charming attractions for single, larger attractions that naturally result in long lines. Sad, really, when you can visit many other theme parks for that sort of experience.

• Minion

Exactly! My memory of Tomorrowland in the 1970s was as an exciting, almost glamorous place at night, full of people and motion... huge crowds going into the America the Beautiful movie, huge crowds coming out. A steady line going into Adventure thru Inner Space and coming out... the constant parade of PeopleMover vehicles... huge crowds going into and coming out of Carousel of Progress... the constant parade of Skyway buckets... the Astro Jets spinning away... Monorail trains gliding by... submarines gliding silently across the dark water... Autopia cars running all day and night... usually a band at the Tomorrowland Terrace with a crowd of people, often dancing... and when Space Mountain finally opened, huge crowds for that. A general air of electricity and excitement and constant motion. That was really the "happening place" at night, while Frontierland and Adventureland seemed to have gone to sleep once it got dark.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Exactly! My memory of Tomorrowland in the 1970s was as an exciting, almost glamorous place at night, full of people and motion... huge crowds going into the America the Beautiful movie, huge crowds coming out. A steady line going into Adventure thru Inner Space and coming out... the constant parade of PeopleMover vehicles... huge crowds going into and coming out of Carousel of Progress... the constant parade of Skyway buckets... the Astro Jets spinning away... Monorail trains gliding by... submarines gliding silently across the dark water... Autopia cars running all day and night... usually a band at the Tomorrowland Terrace with a crowd of people, often dancing... and when Space Mountain finally opened, huge crowds for that. A general air of electricity and excitement and constant motion. That was really the "happening place" at night, while Frontierland and Adventureland seemed to have gone to sleep once it got dark.
    That's a great word picture, sir. Evokes many happy memories within me.

Unless you count the six dinner shows a night at the Tahitian Terrace...last one usually right after the 9-30 fireworks...and the swingin sounds from the big bands at Plaza Gardens - and I used to love those late-night cruises on the Mark Twain...

And you certainly are right about Tomorrowland. Used to be tied for 1st with NOS for favorite land for me. Now it's an absolute joke.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast