• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Looks like Disney's AP hotel site is still broken

I thought they would have fixed this by now after the trouble they had a few months ago. But no...

I tried this a few times over a few sessions, asking for an offer for a standard room at the Grand Cali; arriving on 8/3/2010 for 14 nights; 1 Adult.

While logged in as an AP: 6,624.00
    While logged out (as an anon visitor): 4,416.00

Both prices are on the final screen before they ask for a deposit, and include all taxes etc.

Seems like they think that APers need to pay 50% more for their rooms since they get a discount on entry. (joking)

Anyone else noticed this (lately)?
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Re: Looks like Disney's AP hotel site is still broken

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    I thought they would have fixed this by now after the trouble they had a few months ago. But no...

I tried this a few times over a few sessions, asking for an offer for a standard room at the Grand Cali; arriving on 8/3/2010 for 14 nights; 1 Adult.

While logged in as an AP: 6,624.00
    While logged out (as an anon visitor): 4,416.00

Both prices are on the final screen before they ask for a deposit, and include all taxes etc.

Seems like they think that APers need to pay 50% more for their rooms since they get a discount on entry. (joking)

Anyone else noticed this (lately)?
    Are you sure the site is broken? Currently the general room only discount is deeper than the AP discount. AP discount is like 10% off and the Summer special is 40% off. FYI if you are 60 years old or better you get a 30% discount.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsny1mom View Post
    Are you sure the site is broken? Currently the general room only discount is deeper than the AP discount. AP discount is like 10% off and the Summer special is 40% off. FYI if you are 60 years old or better you get a 30% discount.
    Seems reasonable, but there was no indication that the regular offer included any discounts, while the AP rate indicated that it was an AP special price.

EDIT: No wait, at the top in a dotted box it does say "summer room offer" but it doesn't indicate that it's anything special, or what that entails. you'd think if they were offering a 40% discount that they would crow about it?
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

i booked a room for may a few months ago and had the same problem. i was looking on the site and it seemed that it may be cheaper with the non-ap discount. all in all it was really confusing but i called disney and they are really helpful and gave figured out which discount was going to be the best for me and gave it to me! so if in doubt, just call disney.

flower gleam & glow...