Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Blew By You

Re: Electrical Parade coming back later this year

Is this been set in stone? I'll wait to tell my daughter about it when it's actually here. And it will parade down Main Street with no stopping (barring any mechanical breakdowns)?

• Once upon a dream

You just made my day

Maybe if it doesn't roll out right away they can make some nice enhancements or some small nice things.

Don't be surprised if Tinkerbell and the Drum come back in 18 pieces!

Thank you Solitary!

• All? NO, ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    I was dissapointed that the Drum will read "Disney's Electrical Parade", and not Main Street Electrical Parade. So I suspect that is why they called it Electrial parade. I guess I do have to admit, I have always found it odd watching the "Main Street" Electrical Parade in WDW's Frontierland or DL's Fantasyland/Small World mall. So maybe "Disney's Electrical Parade" is the more accurate name, but the purist in me wants to hear "Main Street".
    I think this is just another example of WDW being cheap. If they're going to market it as Main Street Electrical Parade, they should at least make the effort to change the drum accordingly. I don't understand why they won't change the drum. I'd understand if DLR won't allow WDW to change it, but if that isn't the case, they should've done so.

However, I read on WDWMagic that the soundtrack would use the old "Main Street Electrical Parade" intro. So, I guess they're halfway there...

Quote Originally Posted by RobotWolf View Post
    ....Every Main Street should have its own MSEP.

Like the Main Street in Disney California Adventure?

• wicked? no. misunderstood

I'm not sure how accurate this is guys. :/ I too thought we (WDW) would only have it for the summer, but I just heard we signed a two year contract to have the parade... and not just during the summer either. So who truly knows what's going to happen with it. I'm going to miss my Spectro, but it will be fun to see the Ladies Tremaine in the parade nightly...*biased*
    there are TWO SIDES to every story

• Minion

Why does the parade have to be shuffled back and forth like this? It seems ridiculous. Every Main Street should have its own MSEP. It should be as intrinsic as the pavement and shops. Why is this not the case? It has to be, bar none, the least expensive parade to create. Yet with the highest yield in guest happiness.
    It was that way back in the 1970s. Disneyland had their version, WDW had their version, both at the same time. Unfortunately, WDW lost their version to Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland. I think someone said it was now in Hong Kong. Wherever the WDW version is now, they should bring it back so both parks can have the MSEP again, just as it used to be.

BTW - what happened to the Blue Fairy that used to lead off the parade?

• Banned User

Why does the parade have to be shuffled back and forth like this? It seems ridiculous. Every Main Street should have its own MSEP. It should be as intrinsic as the pavement and shops. Why is this not the case? It has to be, bar none, the least expensive parade to create. Yet with the highest yield in guest happiness.
    I might get shot for this but.....

Maybe the reason that every Main Street doesn't have it's own MSEP is because, minus the nostalgia factor it looks.....cheap. I said it. The parade looks very old, very low technology. It isn't what you expect from Disney the latest and greatest. The only reason that MSEP ranks so high is it's nostalgia factor. And frankly nostalgia is one of the lamest excuses I can think of for keeping a ride. Disney needs to update it's shows. Not let the hard core enthusiasts get so attached that they think it is apart of their life. When it gets old, update it! It happened to Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Matterhorn, Fantasyland, now it is the Electrcial Parade's turn. Bring on Dreamlights! Bring on new technology! New advancements!

• Once upon a dream

It is a classic /\ Get rid of it? No. Update the floats and lightning but look like the old floats still? Yes. Add some new floats? Yes.

Kitty17..... Where did you hear that from?

Also, I am confused who owns it? Does TDA own it or Disney? If TDA owns it, are they able to ask TDO for money if they break anything?

Thank you Solitary!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post
    It is a classic /\ Get rid of it? No. Update the floats and lightning but look like the old floats still? Yes. Add some new floats? Yes.
    Sure don't get rid of it. But rebuild everything top to bottom. Re-imagine it. Update it! Make it new. And there we go again, "It's a classic", I find that to be a horrible excuse not to update an attraction.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post

Kitty17..... Where did you hear that from?

Also, I am confused who owns it? Does TDA own it or Disney? If TDA owns it, are they able to ask TDO for money if they break anything?
    It has been updated. It has new floats. They've even added in LED lights (mainly to the costumes to make them lighter).

As far as who owns it - No one park owns it - Disney owns it, and they can do anything they want to with it, including shipping it back and forth from one park to another.

--

BTW - what are "TDO" and "TDA"?

• Banned User

Team Disney Orlando and Team Disney Anaheim - not too long ago these corporate entities controlled DLR and WDW sort of independently with very little cross-over, creating lots of sibling rivalry when so-and-so got this or that and the other did not.. However, they're essentially the same entity now with many positions of power between them shared. So complaining about TDO is really complaining about TDA and vice versa, but most fans who have a favorite resort don't want to admit that. They like to pretend their preffered "Team" still autonomously exists and is not responsible for bad decisions.

• Wilderness Explorer

Alright now bear with me... what if... because DCA has World of Color that will be entertaining crowds for the entire evening... MSEP would only conflict with it...
    so they have no other choice but to bring it back to Disneyland.

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

Ah.. i wish DL was on standards (in size) with the MK in orlando, but still had the quality it has now.

Basic comparison between DLR and WDW, is DLR is quality, WDW is quantity

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Sure don't get rid of it. But rebuild everything top to bottom. Re-imagine it. Update it! Make it new. And there we go again, "It's a classic", I find that to be a horrible excuse not to update an attraction.
    Completely agree with this! I'm more than sure you seen it of course, but anyone who has seen the Dreamlights parade at TDL knows how much more amazing the parade is with better technology, bigger floats and more extravegant costuming. I LOVE Dreamlights and honestly THIS is what should be getting transplanted to the other parks, not a tired 20 year old parade. An updated MSEP still brings the same nostalgia but makes it feel more relevent at the same time. If you havent seen this, please just have a look of the first video. Its only 6 minutes, although you can watch the whole thing on youtube, but it gives you an idea of what an updated show with old and new floats with some great costuming and technology can look like:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNPNyGKJug0"]YouTube - Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights Pt. 1 of 5[/ame]

I dont have any problems with MSEP, still watch it whenver I have time to catch it and even went to DCA on its final night before being shipped off to WDW. But yeah, an upgrade is in order and MORE than just the Dreamlights music it uses.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-31-2010 at 09:58 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I LOVE Dreamlights and honestly THIS is what should be getting transplanted to the other parks, not a tired 20 year old parade. An updated MSEP still brings the same nostalgia but makes it feel more relevent at the same time.
    Actually, The Main Street Electrical Parade is nearly 40 years old. They've made quite a few changes to it since the one and only time I got to see it in 1978 at WDW.

Here is how it (pretty much) looked back then:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xVYo_KyGpo]YouTube - Main Street Electrical Parade Disneyland Anaheim California Super 8mm HBVIDEOS[/ame]

I actually have this film, as I bought it because I didn't think my movie camera would be able to film it. Turned out I could have filmed it myself, and with better quality than this souvenir film. I was so disappointed when I finally got back there in 1997 and it was gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12