Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Avid Photographer!

Disneyland Trip - May 31st - June 4th (Picture Heavy)

So I'm heading down from the SF Bay Area tomorrow for a week trip at Disneyland. If there's any shots in particular you would like me to post, let me know & I'll do my best to shoot it while I'm there.

I don't know yet if the hotel I'm staying at has free internet or not, nor how tired I'll be at the end of the day to process pictures, but I'll try my best!
    Last edited by MistrWebmastr; 08-22-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Changed title to warn users of picture voume

• Banned User

re: Disneyland Trip - May 31st - June 4th (Picture Heavy)

LUCKY DUCK!

i would assume people will want more shots of Paradise Pier but personally, I have seen enough of it... Just take some shots around the park so I can feel that I was there too.

Some shots of the ROA please.

• Avid Photographer!

I will be sure to catch those.

I just arrived and am walking into the park. If you're down here look for the guy with lots of camera stuff.

• Avid Photographer!

Just wanted to update everyone... I came back with 1700 pictures to sort through & because I didn't process daily, I had lots of duplicates on separate days. I've finially finished sorting through for good ones (came out around 800), tagging, & using the tagging to sift through & find duplicates. I've not come out with 442 of the park, 46 of fireworks, 48 of the Disney Gallery, & 36 of Star Tours v1. Now I can start processing the pictures which shouldn't take awfully long, as the 7D doesn't need much tweaking to make them really shine!

• Avid Photographer!

I swear I didnít forget about this, I have just had the busiest summer Iíve ever had! I have finally finished sorting, processing, and naming pictures however the forum seems to be broken at the moment and can't handle the bbcode for clickable pictures. I thought this post was going to work since the preview worked, but once I posted it broke.

Lets try this again. I might have had typographer's quotes in the URLs even though I copied it through notepad from Google Docs (used to find/replace)

---

I apologize in advance, but there's just too many quality pictures since I had all 5 days to take pictures since there was no rain taking out a couple days like last time!

I'll be posting each day a few days apart, since it takes so much time to pull the bbcode data from flickr & reformat it, but if you want to go straight to the set, you can go here: Disneyland Trip - May 31st through June 4th. Note that pictures are even now still uploading, so it's not quite in order.

Without Further Ado, Here's Monday (Labor Day):

Driving Down to LA, half watchig a movie on my deck, since the drive would be crazy boring otherwise.

Luckily, I'm going opposite of LA Traffic.

Walking to the Park from our hotel (Holiday Inn on the same block as Disneyland - but that is a HUGE block, and I don't recommend the walk)

A Lady from the Rainforrest Cafe was out with a Parrot:

The required shot of the California lettering, with the camera sitting on the pavement. I know I cropped most of the C and all of the last A out, but I was trying to center the mickey ears.

Main Street USA on Labor Day:

Classic Mickey doing what he does best!

More Pictures from walking down Main Street USA:

I walked into the Alice In Wonderland Characters playing Musical Chairs:

Tried taking a picture of Partners off-center to capture more of the castle in the picture:

Then I took a trek up to Tarzan's Treehouse to try a new perspective on things:

This thing scared the heck out of me when it roared while I was taking pictures looking out!

I got a chance to try out some nice ND filters to take long exposures of water. I think they came out great!

Then I stood right next to the platform for Fantasmic Tech & took lots of pictures of the Rivers Of America, New Orleans Square, & everything else I could see from that vantage point.

I then decided to go explore Tom Sawyer's Island & see what kind of vantage points I could get over there.

I hadn't known that the inside of the wheelhouse was made to look like the blacksmith's shop.

The treehouse right behind the fantasmic showbuilding was impossible to climb for me (way too small of openings for me and my backpack full of gear), butit did have a pretty stream.

Pictures of the water play area on the backside of Tom Sawyer's Island:

More pictures from the Island exploration - trying to go down every path I could find & look for pictures!

This one is interesting, if you look at the full 18MP resolution picture, you can actually see THE PHANTOM SHIP in the treetops on the right side of the picture. I had no idea I was even taking it. If you can't catch it don't worry - I have a good set of pictures that should help you find it on your trips to post another day.

Here we see which drink is more important to Pirates:

I snapped this while the ship was passing by:

This is a great iDevice background:

I remember going to Disneyland as a kid & playing in Fort Wilderness. Therefore, since I had a monopod I figured I'd use it to see what's going on in there these days, since it's closed up. To protect the magic of Disneyland, these pictures have been linked only. I know I'm not the only person intersested in this type of thing, but I am trying to keep people browsing these pictures from breaking the magic.

Inside The Old Fort Wilderness on Tom Sawyer's Island | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Inside The Old Fort Wilderness on Tom Sawyer's Island | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have no idea who this guy is, but this is where I took a bunch of pictures of New Orleans Square from the Island from:

Another waterfall near the loading docks to get off the island, I figured I'd get another long-exposure waterfall picture:

Later in the afternoon they had taken the Sailing Ship Columbia out of service and put her in Fowler's Harbor, where she posed for some great pictures!

It was a very busy day at Disneyland, even the queue for the Haunted Mansion was full:

This was depressing - that Disneyland is loosing a lot of the intricate metalwork detail due to the hundreds of layers of paint. Why don't they sand it down to bare metal before painting it?

The tech booth for Fantasmic. I think this particular console dealt with Pyrotechnics & The Dragon. Again, since this could be considered backstage, this is also a link only.

Fantasmic Tech Booth | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by MistrWebmastr; 08-23-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Decided to keep backstage pictures, but in link only for people that do want to know.

• Avid Photographer!

Hooray it worked! Enjoy. I'll be busy with family in town, and I have the picture of the day to do on Tuesday, but I'll try and post the rest of the days as quickly as I can.

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

Please don't take pictures of backstage areas....

• Avid Photographer!

I'm a huge tech person, so those types of pictures interest me, but I see where you're coming from. I decided to leave the pictures so people know they're there, but they have to click on the links to take them to the flickr photo pages. As far as I know we're not disallowed from taking pictures of backstage areas as guests if we have a means to, but at the same time, I don't want to break the magic for people just browsing the thread.
    Last edited by MistrWebmastr; 08-23-2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Figured out a means to keep pictures without breaking the magic

• Avid Photographer!

Allright, time for Tuesday:

The first thing we did Tuesday was start cramming as many rides in as we could.

Pooh's Many Adventures:

After that we went to the Haunted Mansion:

We then boarded the Sailing Ship Columbia:

You really gotta hand it to this Cast Member. He really knocked it out of the part playing a Seaman on the Columbia. Except for his watch, you'd swear Disney pulled him out of the 1700s:

Next up was Big Thunder Mountian Railroad:

After Critter Country / Adventureland, we then went to Fantasyland & hopped on the Casey Jr Circus Train, since I'd seen many good pictures taken from it.

I love to see how manned trains work, so I took a picture of the controls while the engine was vacated during loading. To preserve the magic, I'm only going to link to the picture for those that do want to see it.

casey Jr Circus Special Engine | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Pictures from The Casey Jr Circus Train of Storybookland:

• Indiana Scott

Re: Disneyland Trip - May 31st - June 4th (Picture Heavy)

Really, really nice pics - a big treat for those of us who don't get to DLR very often.
    Thanks for all the good work!

• in a world of my own

Great shots! I have to ask though, what is the story behind the "phantom ship"? I have never heard of it or noticed it before.

• MargyDisneylandLover

would it be okay if i post a link to ur flickr on my facebook because these shots are amazing and i know that my friends who are disney addicts would love to see them
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Excellent HM shots! Great shots overall Webmastr!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Avid Photographer!

Quote Originally Posted by RemainSeatedPlz87 View Post
    would it be okay if i post a link to ur flickr on my facebook because these shots are amazing and i know that my friends who are disney addicts would love to see them
    Of course! I enjoy doing it, and I really like these kind of affirmations. I put the full-res pictures up on Flickr for people to. Use as backgrounds and such.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast