Pregnant at Disneyland

Yes, I am certain that I could search this answer in threads-- but this is faster.

Some said that on another thread that their Dr cleared them to ride many of the "off-limits pregnant lady" rides at DLR. Here is my question: If my Dr. clears me, will ride CMs still let me ride?

I don't even know if I will be comfortable riding even with a drs clearance. but I wanted to know the policy--just in case.

Thanks.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Pregnant at Disneyland

If you are early enough that you aren't showing I'm guessing the CM's won't say anything. But if you are obviously preggers then they have no choice but to disallow you entrance on certain rides. Its not their choice, its what they have been trained to do and they have to follow the rules.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Honestly, tho. Some of the best days i've had at Disneyland are just my fiance and I hangin out while she is pregnant. We take the opportunity to walk around. Hang out in locations we never usually stop and sit (yesterday, we sat on a bench in front of the mercantile in Frontierland and had a frozen lemonade for about an hour and a half). Go on all the slower rides and really look for things you've never noticed. it is a good opportunity to see Disneyland like you haven't before!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Thanks-- that was all I needed to know.

I've actually been to Disneyland plenty of times and didn't go on a single ride-- and I wasn't pregnant. I'm not stressing out b/c "I can't go on anything". I would like to be able to go on Star Tours as it is one of my faves and changing over-- this will be my last opportunity-- but it is totally okay if I can't. It is afterall, just a ride.

One time I sat in New Orleans Square and talked on my cell phone for over an hour-- I like Disneyland. I'll be thrilled just to be there.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

My mom first realized she was preggers with me whilst at Disneyland
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

my guess is that they would be too scared of offending you by just assuming you were pregnant. I saw someone get on space mountain before who looked visibly pregnant but you never know, some people just have larger bellies. I'm pregnant right now and I went at 5 months and had a great time riding the mellower rides, eating and shopping for my little one . Have fun!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Pirateheatther View Post
    my guess is that they would be too scared of offending you by just assuming you were pregnant. I saw someone get on space mountain before who looked visibly pregnant but you never know, some people just have larger bellies. I'm pregnant right now and I went at 5 months and had a great time riding the mellower rides, eating and shopping for my little one . Have fun!
    Yep, it's been my personal policy to never bring up a woman's baby-on-the-way based on her looks....she could be 9 1/4 months along with a sign on her shirt that says "Baby" and I still will not broach the subject.

Until she says something along the lines of "I am going to have a baby soon" I keep my foot out of my mouth
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Me and my friend were at Disney a couple years ago and they let someone on tower of terror. She was visibly pregnant. The CM mentioned something to her and she said she didn't care that she was going to ride the ride. I just thought wow that is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Yep, it's been my personal policy to never bring up a woman's baby-on-the-way
    Unless I can see the baby crowning at that very moment, not mentioning it is also my policy.