Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

Water connected Jungle Cruise and ROA?

I just saw this picture in another thread, and noticed one thing I never knew before... The waters in the jungle cruise connected to the Rivers of America... I wonder how long this connection existed.

Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

• Banned User

Re: Water connected Jungle Cruise and ROA?

unfortunately, that can't happen anymore. that waterway is now POTC

• The Study of Wumbo

I'm pretty sure I've read that the water in the Storybookland Canals, the Rivers of America, and the Jungle rivers is shared; whether through visible, above-ground streams or some sort of underground system, I know not.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Down Pluto!

Still connected - but all underground...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• A Weather Eye Open

datameister or werner weiss could answer this one... the answer might already be on yesterland.com actually, i feel like i've read it before.

trying to remember...

was it that when they began construction on new orleans square, they re-routed a branch of jungle cruise to make room? i think the actual size of jungle cruise is smaller than it originally was because of this. so that would be early/mid 60s when it was being constructed.
    but it may have been changed even earlier when expanding frontierland to include the american indian village?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• =)

To the best of my knowledge, here's the scoop. The two systems are still connected underground, as Sambo said. However, Ckelef1, you're a little off in terms of where Pirates is. That channel was/is a little northeast of the Pirates entrance. Keep in mind, all, that the boundaries of the park have expanded significantly in some areas since that photo was taken.

As for the Jungle Cruise...it's actually gotten larger, not smaller, twobluestripes! As far as I can tell, it's kept the same east-west dimensions, but it grew a bit to the south at some point after that photo was taken. I don't believe the construction of NOS had any impact on east-west width of the area. (There was, however, a minor shrinkage when Indy was built in the 90s, as they lopped off one bend in the river where the Indy outdoor queue currently is.)

If I've botched any of this information and you know it, please do correct me!

• Seeker of Fun

This might be off topic a bit, but I always thought it would be cool if Splash ended by shooting out into the river, instead of the eventual right turn. Just a thought on water.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    This might be off topic a bit, but I always thought it would be cool if Splash ended by shooting out into the river, instead of the eventual right turn. Just a thought on water.
    It does shoot out into the river already. Look up next time.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Also off topic, but looking at the above photo makes me wonder what kind of park Disneyland would be today, if Walt had the money to buy more land around the park at the time.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by aenobarbe View Post
    It does shoot out into the river already. Look up next time.

not sure how it shoots out into the river.
    The flume for Splash and the river are near each other for a quick moment,
    but no water is shared.

Photo: Mouse Planet

Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    im guessing by this you mean the logs actually land in the river right...
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, here's the scoop. The two systems are still connected underground, as Sambo said. However, Ckelef1, you're a little off in terms of where Pirates is. That channel was/is a little northeast of the Pirates entrance. Keep in mind, all, that the boundaries of the park have expanded significantly in some areas since that photo was taken.

As for the Jungle Cruise...it's actually gotten larger, not smaller, twobluestripes! As far as I can tell, it's kept the same east-west dimensions, but it grew a bit to the south at some point after that photo was taken. I don't believe the construction of NOS had any impact on east-west width of the area. (There was, however, a minor shrinkage when Indy was built in the 90s, as they lopped off one bend in the river where the Indy outdoor queue currently is.)

If I've botched any of this information and you know it, please do correct me!
    i'm thinking of the indy lopping-off then! knew i could count on you to fix our spatial-thinking in the park!

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by DapperJoshua View Post
    im guessing by this you mean the logs actually land in the river right...
    and then it could be merged with the davy crockett canoes and you would have to paddle a lap around RoA before returning your boat to the Splash loading zone! HAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    and then it could be merged with the davy crockett canoes and you would have to paddle a lap around RoA before returning your boat to the Splash loading zone! HAHA!
    yup thats soo worth the 120min wait

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

oh! and they could even add in some of the splash mountain animatronics to the river!

TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast