Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• :)

Space Mountain & Soarin' problems 11/05

K so yesterday me and my friends decide to catch a bite to eat around 12-12:50 at Pizza Port...as we we're eating we noticed that space was shut down, and passer-byers we're discussing how it was down as well....which sucked because as we passed it earlier after we got our buzz fastpass to catch the train so we could go ride California Screamin in DCA it was open w/ 60 min standby...We we're only in DCA to ride CS and when we returned it was either down still or down again???? I'm not sure what the problem was here I was curious if anybody else here knew.....Anyways, after a roundabout in the park a couple times, a couple rides...we went back to DCA to ride Soarin' and the line was practically empty other than the inside of the Hanger and it said 60 min Standby.....wtf??? we thought this was just a mistake cuz the line was so short, anyways, we get in and after 20 minutes we wonder why we're not on the ride...it turns out that only the left side was working and it had just re-opened...the right side wasnt working at all and was down...By the time we finally reached the bottom of the slope before entering the ride, the other side finally opened up for business....anybody know what happened here?? everyone was confused...thanks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Space Mountain & Soarin' problems 11/05

On Soarin, maybe there was some "spewage" in one of the theaters. Some people are a little hypersentive to the whole moving thing. Maybe that's the hidden reason for the orange blossom smell.

• Disneyland Freak

Code V
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Vehicle rotating backward

I've only ever seen Soarin' on commercials, what's the deal with the seating? The ads always show a bunch of kids sitting in the front row with their feet hanging down and just dangling over the big IMAX screen.

Are the, uh, vomiters doing their thing right there on the screen!? I can't imagine it would look very good after a while.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I've only ever seen Soarin' on commercials, what's the deal with the seating? The ads always show a bunch of kids sitting in the front row with their feet hanging down and just dangling over the big IMAX screen.

Are the, uh, vomiters doing their thing right there on the screen!? I can't imagine it would look very good after a while.
    Well the seating starts out in a way like a normal movie seating were you have rows of seats horizontally. Each seat is attached to a device above you. Once your strapped in, and the movie starts, the seats move forward and UP. This re-configures the seats to the same rows, but stacked up on top of each other. You can look down and see people below you, and look up and see peoples feet above you. Each row of seats moves slightly with the motion of the screen in front of you. This can be very disorentating and cause motion sickness. My friend suffers from motion sickness and she did not vomit, but was a little wobbly walking off the ride =)

Now that you think of it, having someone in the front row/top row vomit can be rather NASTY for the people below them once gravity takes over....

Its a fun experance, and I reccomend people do it at least once unless they get motion sick. Nothing violent, nothing scarry, just a fun ride.

Gib

• meganmegaphone

Now that you think of it, having someone in the front row/top row vomit can be rather NASTY for the people below them once gravity takes over....
    ewwww...

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

haha yea I could imagine, someone sitting in the "A" section, vomiting...sorry B and C people :X!...But yea i was just curious wut the problem could of been in was a hassle! but once we got on the ride it was funny, I was sitting next to my friends on one side, and next to me on the other side we're a group of girls who have never been on it before...they and as soon as it lifted up and the cloud scene dispersed the girl next to me grabbed my hand it startled me, she was freaking out the whole time haha...and when it swooped down to the river scene she was saying "we're gonna die we're gonan die omg we're going so fast"..it was hilarious.

also - something that kinda kills the feeling for me is when u look at the corner of the screen you can see shaddows of peoples feet, is it just me or does this kinda ruin the atmosphere?

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I think I have to prefer to middle row of the middle section. Sure, you get people's feet in your way, but I think it's a better experience. Anything not in the center reveals too much of the screen in my opinion, the top row reveals too much of the top of the screen, and the bottom row does the same thing, but for the bottom.

That's just my standing though.

As for someone puking on the ride, that would suck...

I can never seem to get in the top row, but from my experience, if you're soaked into the ride than you really dont notice what row you're on...until you look up and see feet danging and people playing footsie with eachother...and when you look to your side and you see the other rows of people, but thats just me :P

• Winter in Oceanside...

Been on Soarin' MANY times and no one has puked, including me (I get very motion sick). There are a couple of placed that I know bother me, so I just close my eyes at that section (the helicopter over the aircraft carrier in San Diego).

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

That attraction is pure magic. But the thought of someone vomiting higher up... oh man.... gross...

Speaking of Soarin', does anyone besides me think that the fireworks portion at the end of the ride is just too darn loud? I remember going on the ride in April of 2001 and December of 2003 and I had to cover my ears because it was just that loud.

I know it's loud enough to hear when you're in line for the ride...I do believe they should end the ride alot differently, landing inside an ice cavern in Mattahorn or atleast a loop around back into the hanger...it just kinda ends but i dont seem to have a problem w the fireworks at all

I love how it ends with the fireworks, they're just so loud...

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    I love how it ends with the fireworks, they're just so loud...
    I think their supposed to be that loud though :P seeing how you're closer to the fireworks...those BOOMS in the park during the fireworks are so much louder at times

but anyways just change the thread around a bit, whats your favorite scene in Soarin' ?

mine is when you're flying over the snowy mountains and you swoop up to go over the valey...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast