Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Exclamation So Why would you go to Mickey's Trick or Treat Party?

Many people have a huge problem with Halloween Screams (fireworks) being "rumored" to not be at the parks during normal park hours this October. But my real question to the people saying its not fair is that Disney made this Event a couple of years ago to make well money and for the last couple of years it seems that people go to it to just dress up as Disney Characters and get candy.

So this year the party will be at Disney (which is bigger meaning it could sell more tickets) So I don't see why "exclusive" fireworks is suck a dumb thing for Disney to do so it makes people pay to go to this event, which to me seemed like a waste of money since it had nothing different from a normal day at the park (besides candy, but you can just bring that in the parks yourself) and dressing up.

Horror Nights costs about the same price except you get 2 Exclusive shows, 3 rides open, and 5 Exclusive mazes. So I don't see why other parks can have spacial events and fans are ok to go and pay for those events BUT if Disney Does something like this its WRONG?
    Now I have an AP and I want the most bang out of my buck but as long as Disney has some sort of fireworks during Halloween then I dont see with whats so wrong with Exclusive Fireworks?

So for the people that say its wrong what can Disney do to their Hallowen party to make it seems lik a good deal with out making Disney fans getting all fired up?

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: So Why would you go to Mickey's Trick or Treat Party?

I love it because its a safe enviroment for us, I love how everything is decorated and the Idea that the little one can still dress up and enjoy himself while he is still young and us older kids can still get CANDY! I love how they decorate the parks, Its just a great experience.

We all go (and I mean WE all go, everybody in the family seems to show up) and just have a good time -- fireworks or not. The trick or treating is fun, seeing all the characters is fun.

As for the fireworks being exclusive? It's exciting for those who are going to the event, but for those who aren't it can be disappointing.

• Wilderness Explorer

My girlfriend and I went out on a limb last year about bought the tickets.
    Let me just say that it was money well-spent.
    I wasn't paying for the candy that I ended up never eating as much as I was paying for the opportunity to be creative, make cool costumes, and share them with fellow Disney fans while enjoying some other really awesome costumes that other people made.

I'm generally not big on dressing up or cosplaying, but it was a great opportunity to do something that we can't always do.

I did a Trip Report on the day we went if you want to see a little more details about it.

I will definitely be attending this year.
    Not only was last year fun, but this year it'll be longer, we'll get more access to rides and and it'll be in Disneyland.

• M's mommy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    I love it because its a safe enviroment for us, I love how everything is decorated and the Idea that the little one can still dress up and enjoy himself while he is still young and us older kids can still get CANDY! I love how they decorate the parks, Its just a great experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenhopeful View Post
    We all go (and I mean WE all go, everybody in the family seems to show up) and just have a good time -- fireworks or not. The trick or treating is fun, seeing all the characters is fun.

As for the fireworks being exclusive? It's exciting for those who are going to the event, but for those who aren't it can be disappointing.
    I agree, the times we have gone its more about the decorations, the candy and the overall experience. Also the characters and costumes they wear is fun too.

Since Halloween is one of our favorite holidays we really enjoy going to Mickey's Trick or Treat.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Many people have a huge problem with Halloween Screams (fireworks) being "rumored" to not be at the parks during normal park hours this October.
    It's not rumored. Heather Rivera of the Disney Parks blog confirmed it will only be for the party.

I also just want to check it out since I never had a chance to

• Cake Anyone?

I have gone just to experience the decorations and to be able to meet and greet my Villians while I am in costume also.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Horror Nights costs about the same price except you get 2 Exclusive shows, 3 rides open, and 5 Exclusive mazes. So I don't see why other parks can have spacial events and fans are ok to go and pay for those events BUT if Disney Does something like this its WRONG?

So for the people that say its wrong what can Disney do to their Hallowen party to make it seems lik a good deal with out making Disney fans getting all fired up?
    You're right, there doesn't seem to be the same level of complaining when other companies do it. Part of that might be because, and correct me if I'm wrong, the other parks are not typically open as late as Disney, and their special events don't cut into regular park hours so much.

Closing Disneyland before 8:00 on a Friday night has more of an impact than Universal holding a Halloween event, which might not result in any reduction in hours.

I haven't been myself, but I have to admit the Halloween event at WDW looks pretty good. For Disney to charge a premium in Anaheim like they do there, I'd really like to see them offer some of the same things: fog & lighting effects, an exclusive and good parade, fireworks, and lots of interesting and/or costumed characters. Anaheim has all of those except a decent parade and extra ambience?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Closed Account

Because if it is anything like the 1995 event you will have alot of F-U-N!!!!

I think it is because Disney it not like other parks. We don't expect Disney to think the way other parks think. I remember once I over heard a CM tell another CM, "You won't see that here its not like we're Six Flags". We hold Disney up to higher standards and when they start copying what we don't like from other parks gets our temper boiling.

I like the idea having the party at Disneyland, but don't like the idea of the fireworks only being for paying guests of the party. The should be every night. Disney may have to start placing in some blackout dates for some SoCal passers in the month of October now. I like the idea of having the fireworks show for party guests since you may only have a few hundred maybe a thousand guests in the park.

Last year Disney wanted to take on the other parks with the Halloween offers and they were in my opinion extremely successful, but now they are taking one of the biggest offerings away.

• Seeker of Fun

So the only way to see the fireworks show is by buying a ticket for the event itself?
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

You're missing the point of the complaints:
    Disneyland has taken away something that in previous years came with admission during the season, i.e. the fireworks. Now the only way to see them is to buy a ticket to the 'event' where the only other thing you'll get to do is stand in a line at special spots in the park to have a CM throw candy into your bag.

I assume that's the major complaint, anyway.

I think this might be Disneyland's attempt at going after the young adult-adult Halloween market. In the past, Disney has pretty much conceded this demographic to Universal and Knott's. I'm sure the planners look at their competition's numbers each year with a lot of jealousy. The fireworks seem like one of the things that adults will appreciate as much as children. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually add some scary, but not gruesome mazes if they find that they can compete against the other Halloween attractions.

• Minion

I'm ticked off that the Halloween fireworks are going to be exclusive, but I still like the idea of a Halloween party. I've been to parties at both WDW and DCA, and they were FUN! WDW had the advantage of being inside the MK, which adds a huge element of charm over having it at DCA. Anyway, what makes it worth it to me is the ability for adults to dress in costume inside DL (or even if you're not dressing up, looking at everyone else's cool costumes), adults being able to go TRICK OR TREATING (something else we can't normally do), and general lighting/music/props that add to a fun party atmosphere. Add all of the regular HalloweenTime stuff (decorations, HMH, SMGG, etc.) and you've got a really good time.

I do not believe the fireworks should only be available to party guests. Like the decorations and Halloween themed rides, Halloween Screams should be considered a bonus for party guests that simply adds to the Halloween atmosphere. To me, it would be enough just to be able to see HS while NOT being packed shoulder to shoulder on Main Street with 65,000 of my closest friends.

• Blew By You

Me and my wife have been on a tight budget the past few years and the budget damage has been rough on us. So our passports are our treats. We just cannot splurge on additional expenses without some look towards our finances. So, my wife, daughter and I continue to enjoy our visits and enjoy our times at Disneyland and DCA. One day, it will not be so tough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast