Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• ---------------

Re: People who want the Halloween Screams Fireworks for ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    BUT now DL management is completely changing the way it operates by taking away something that was available for ALL guests.
    that's what I've been trying to say.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Planning my next trip...

Quote Originally Posted by Tower87fan View Post
    I agree with Fantasmico! that people need to differentiate between disappointment and anger. Yes, the company is known for guest service and such but sometimes it's really astounding the level people hold the company accountable for. I am sure the tickets for this event, will just like all other regular park admission tickets have had for years a "subject to change, cancellation..." clause.
    Disappointment = Disneyland canceling fireworks due to inclement weather or events beyond their control.

Anger = Disneyland deliberately withholding fireworks altogether from regular park ticket holders and reserving them for exclusive, additional-cost events to squeeze more money out of the guests.

• Animation Domination

Looks like Knott's Scary Farm wins over Halloweentime this year.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Distant Disneylandaholic

I wish the fireworks were there for all to see. We were thinking about coming to Calfornia in October to enjoy the Disneyland Halloween stuff. Now we're not coming in October. Maybe November but it's iffy, since there would be nothing we haven't seen before. We may just wait until 2012 when Carsland is done. One thing I do know, though, is I wouldn't have wanted it to be summer-busy in October if we had gone. Maybe this separate ticketed event will make it better for those actually in the park.

Fireworks at Disneyland are a big deal to me. It wouldn't feel like a Disney trip without them. If I had an AP and could go more often the fireworks wouldn't be as important. But once every 1 or 2 years and making the journey down there--I want to see fireworks

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Disneyland HAD TO KNOW this would infuriate DL Guests, and that is not the feeling that Disneyland is suppose to be instilling among it's guests.
    So have you canceled your trip or season pass because of this? Do you really think outside of Disney's "PR Department" they really give a damn whether you show up or not?

If you want to see the Halloween Fireworks then I guess you need to pay the additional cash to do so. For some reason I get this feeling that the majority of people who are upset over this are pass-holders. Thus... if you really want to send Disney a message, don't renew your pass.

Life is unfair. I'm sorry, Disney has every right to charge a premium for their entertainment (after-all they do own the place). Irregardless how you feel about the fireworks being part of the Halloween event does not indicate how well the event will be attended.

Disneyland is supposed to instill feelings of happiness and fun, and I'll argue that it still does that -- just because you disagree with the premium price has nothing to do with the feeling you get from going to Disneyland...
    Class of 2005...

• Sock Puppet

Thumbs down Re: People who want the Halloween Screams Fireworks for ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    So have you canceled your trip or season pass because of this? Do you really think outside of Disney's "PR Department" they really give a damn whether you show up or not?
    Harsh much? I'm betting that with enough bad press, and enough people canceling trips, they will need to reconsider. The one thing that speaks loudly to Disney is MONEY. REGARDLESS of whether or not it comes from passholders or tourist, enough bad publicity will change their tune. They may own the company, but they're providing a service. If that service lacks, we have a right to say so. We're the ones shelving out money.

Quote Originally Posted by SpcMtn77 View Post
    Disappointment = Disneyland canceling fireworks due to inclement weather or events beyond their control.

Anger = Disneyland deliberately withholding fireworks altogether from regular park ticket holders and reserving them for exclusive, additional-cost events to squeeze more money out of the guests.
    I think that this sums it up nicely...I also am not sure how "happy" I would be if I did decide to shell out the extra money (still don't know how much extra we are looking at) and the fireworks were cancelled due to the Santa Ana's. I understand that this is out of Disney's control, but they are certainly taking a calculated risk at making this an exclusive perk that cannot be guaranteed to the person paying a premium price for the event.

• Minion

i'm sure all nights of the even will sell out and the park will be full minus the parking problems ap's cause at peek times. Win win for Disney. Yes my fiancee and I are both premium ap holders but I agree with Disney. And yes we will be at the tricker treat party probally more then one night.

•   
    • Seasick

I imagine many tourists going in October have already booked their trips, the notion of losing their business strikes me as unlikely.

Does anyone from out of town plan a trip to Disneyland specifically for Halloween fireworks? I doubt many do.

And then there's the threat of outraged passholders not renewing. Again, I don't see it happening on a widespread scale. They's still a bargain, even if you don't get Halloween fireworks and Disneyland closes early a few times per week in October. Fireworks which only started last year of course. The way some people are going on, the Halloween fireworks have been firing for 55 years, with Walt himself loading the shells and declaring they'd be free with admission for all eternity.

I'm not thrilled with holiday offerings being restricted to hard ticket events by any means. You'd think Disney would offer that stuff up for all guests, to drive business. This applies more to Florida, where a larger percentage of guests are paying for hotels, food, and full-price admission. Tourists who are already paying through the nose being forced to pony up more money for seasonal offerings that should arguably be included with regular admission doesn't thrill me, annual passholders being forced to do so get less sympathy from me.

In Anaheim, Disney is very reliant on their local base. They sell annual passes with the intent of making up for a low admission cost (on a per day visit) with food and souvenir sales (or so I assume). They have to get extra revenue from those AP holders somehow, and this is one way they're going to do it.

The APs are such a bargain that there's no incentive for Disney to offer up special events like the Halloween fireworks, unless they bring in extra revenue. If most of the people flocking to see the fireworks aren't generating much in the way of extra income, the only way for Disney to justify the investment is by charging extra for the privilege.

Some people want a premium experience without paying a premium price, and perhaps those days are numbered.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Tower Lover!

Last year was the first year they ever had Halloween Screams. Years before during off season there wouldn't be any fireworks at all. It's not like the printed ticket states they promised you that entertainment option at all. Yes, of course they are going to try to make a profit, how else would they continue to grow and expand. If an extra 40 bucks will ensure less crowds, less attraction wait times, and not having to walk down mainstreet like a herd of animals, sign me up.
    "Animation can explain whatever
    the mind of man can conceive..."

- W.E.D.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan74 View Post
    I think that this sums it up nicely...I also am not sure how "happy" I would be if I did decide to shell out the extra money (still don't know how much extra we are looking at) and the fireworks were cancelled due to the Santa Ana's. I understand that this is out of Disney's control, but they are certainly taking a calculated risk at making this an exclusive perk that cannot be guaranteed to the person paying a premium price for the event.
    No kidding...I wonder how many of those special event tickets will be sold solely because of a desire to see the HS show?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Brilliant move by Disney. Magic Morning for hotel guests, does that enrage people? Some things are special and available to those that purchase a ticket to a special event, I see no problem with this.

This was just posted on the official Disney Blog:

Heather a few of questions for you:
    1) What is the price for the ticket going to be?
    2) If the fireworks are cancelled due to high winds, will there be substitute entertainment or a partial refund (since the Halloween fireworks are exclusive to the hard ticket event)?
    3) Will an alternate fireworks show be shown for the non-party nights?
    Thanks in advance for taking the time to address these questions.

Will update if I receive an answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Tower87fan View Post
    Last year was the first year they ever had Halloween Screams. Years before during off season there wouldn't be any fireworks at all. It's not like the printed ticket states they promised you that entertainment option at all. Yes, of course they are going to try to make a profit, how else would they continue to grow and expand. If an extra 40 bucks will ensure less crowds, less attraction wait times, and not having to walk down mainstreet like a herd of animals, sign me up.
    Yes...years before when people could walk down Main Street in October without being herded like farm animals. That hasn't been the case for quite some time now. There isn't much of an off-season to speak of anymore. I certainly don't expect fireworks to be offered every night of the week, but when I purchase a 6-day Park Hopper it would be nice if one or two of those nights there was some sort of show like there has been for the last several years on weekends on weekends at the least. My complaint isn't so much that HS is being offered exclusively for Mickey's Halloween Party, but that it is affecting the shows that they would most likely be offering to the regular guests (meaning no fireworks AT ALL for the entire Halloweentime season).

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Yes...years before when people could walk down Main Street in October without being herded like farm animals. That hasn't been the case for quite some time now.
    Disclaimer: I am asking an honest question, there is no sarcasm here.

Were you at Disneyland during Halloweentime last year?

I ask because I was at DL for vacation for Halloweentime both in 2008 and 2009. There was a DRAMATIC difference in the crowd levels. 2008 was busy, but not "cattle busy". 2009 was a whole different story.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast