Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Disneyland is your land.

Re: People who want the Halloween Screams Fireworks for ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    Harsh much? I'm betting that with enough bad press, and enough people canceling trips, they will need to reconsider. The one thing that speaks loudly to Disney is MONEY. REGARDLESS of whether or not it comes from passholders or tourist, enough bad publicity will change their tune. They may own the company, but they're providing a service. If that service lacks, we have a right to say so. We're the ones shelving out money.
    Not harsh at all, especially after hearing how my managers used to refer to pass holders in some of our meetings. All I can say, is that thinking has to come from somewhere, and top management is the best place to start.

I don't think a majority of out-of-towners who have been planning their trip for weeks or even months (dare I say years) is going to cancel because of an 13 minute fireworks show...

If we were to take a poll I would bet some cash that the majority of people disgruntled about this development are annual pass-holder's. I do not understand how them moving the fireworks show to a hard ticketed event means their service is "lacking."

If anything they are providing a premium service to those who are willing to pay the $40 extra to go to this event. You feel left out? Then pony up the cash to see the show and other festivities...
    Class of 2005...

• Planning my next trip...

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    Disclaimer: I am asking an honest question, there is no sarcasm here.

Were you at Disneyland during Halloweentime last year?

I ask because I was at DL for vacation for Halloweentime both in 2008 and 2009. There was a DRAMATIC difference in the crowd levels. 2008 was busy, but not "cattle busy". 2009 was a whole different story.
    Nope. And in all honesty, if Mickey's Halloween Party and all it's exclusive offerings truly allow the park's crowds (during normal operating hours) to be the way they were in off-seasons of yore, I would gladly take the trade. I just don't think that's going to be the case.

If I'm wrong, I will happily admit so, and plan all my future visits in October

BTW, these are just my opinions regarding Disney's decisions thus far, but it's certainly not a life-changing, vacation-changing situation for me. I haven't lost any sleep over it...and am still planning to visit in October. Just no fireworks for me, I guess.

• Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Looks like Knott's Scary Farm wins over Halloweentime this year.
    AS much as I love Disneyalnd, Knott's Halloween Haunt will ALWAYS excel WAY ABOVE HalloweenTime. Been to every haunt except the very first, it's like my Christmas, I get bummed as soon as it's over until I get to buy my tix for the event the following year!

I am an PAP and I don't have a problem with them charging more for the special event. Other parks do it. I love Disneyland and if I had small children still I may attend one of the nights but mine are all grown and I prefer my Halloween event to be scary (Knott's) than mild. I can go and enjoy the decorations and HM Holiday (You can keep SM Ghost Galaxy) anytime when they are not having the special event. I feel I already rheap great benefits from my pass so if they choose to make additional income for special events, good for them.
    Last edited by GrumpyDude; 06-02-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude View Post
    AS much as I love Disneyalnd, Knott's Halloween Haunt will ALWAYS excel WAY ABOVE HalloweenTime. Been to every haunt except the very first, it's like my Christmas, I get bummed as soon as it's over until I get to buy my tix for the event the following year!

I am an PAP and I don't have a problem with them charging more for the special event. Other parks do it. I love Disneyland and if I had small children still I may attend one of the nights but mine are all grown and I prefer my Halloween event to be scary (Knott's) than mild. I can go and enjoy the decorations and HM Holiday (You can keep SM Ghost Galaxy) anytime when they are not having the special event. I feel I already rheap great benefits from my pass so if they choose to make additional income for special events, good for them.
    Gotta agree when it Comes to Knotts Haunt event. I went in 2008 and moved to Colorado. I remember last year thinking "Damn... I really want to go to the Haunt at Knotts."
    Class of 2005...

• Closed Account

Perhaps the fireworks were free last year and everyone in 2009 were "guinea pigs" so that Disney could judge reaction. Reaction was good so this year they are charging for it. Fireworks aren't cheap and the production set up takes hours for just a 10-15 minute presentation.

• Disneyland History Lover

I agree that making the fireworks exclusive to those attending the Halloween party is unnecessary and a bad PR move. I'd have to think they thought this through beforehand and are ready to take the bad press. If it's really that big of a deal to them to have less people in the park I think they should try and find a more permanant solution such as blocking out more days for lower level APs or just doing away with those APs entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    Gotta agree when it Comes to Knotts Haunt event. I went in 2008 and moved to Colorado. I remember last year thinking "Damn... I really want to go to the Haunt at Knotts."
    Yeah, Halloween Haunt is alright. My family seems to enjoy the Disneyland event much more -- probably because we all go and even the kiddies can have a good time.

• Closed Account

Comparing Disney's Halloween event to Knott's Berry Farm's Halloween event is like comparing Mickey Mouse Club House to CSI:Miami. One is tailored for kids/families and the other to adults.

• Planning my next trip...

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
    Comparing Disney's Halloween event to Knott's Berry Farm's Halloween event is like comparing Mickey Mouse Club House to CSI:Miami. One is tailored for kids/families and the other to adults.
    Agreed. Although I'm sure KBF's event is impressive, it seems way too gory for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by SpcMtn77 View Post
    Agreed. Although I'm sure KBF's event is impressive, it seems way too gory for my taste.

I am an old horror/gore movie fan.. grew up watching Seymor behinfd the slimy green wall and all the Friday night and Saturday monster movies so yes I prefer Knott's. I realize Disneyland is for families adn applaud them for having an event that caters to the family (unlike Knott's). So let them charge extra for the priviledge, let the fireworks be exclusive.. we can't have our cake and eat it too right? As far as bad press, the only place I have read or heard anything about it is on the threads so the bad press ain't out there (not yet anyway).

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Huzzah to TDA! They gotta make back some of the money they are losing to SoCal and SoCal select pass holders!

You bet I will buy a ticket to the Party... I'll be there as Captain EO (working on the costume now)!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    Huzzah to TDA! They gotta make back some of the money they are losing to SoCal and SoCal select pass holders!
    Oh please. I get so tired of seeing comments like this on these boards. I've said it once and I will say it again. The SoCal and Select passes are the ones I saw the most in stores AND in foods when working at the park.

So what does that mean? It means that the cheapest priced pass holder is BUYING food and merchandise during there time at the park. It never fails, someone brings this up in almost every price thread on these boards and it simply is not true.
    Class of 2005...

It's sad huh? You have Pass HOLDERS and Pass HATERS! Makes no sense to me but oh well... I try and ignore the nonsense anymore and try to come here to have some fun through the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    I don't think a majority of out-of-towners who have been planning their trip for weeks or even months (dare I say years) is going to cancel because of an 13 minute fireworks show...

If anything they are providing a premium service to those who are willing to pay the $40 extra to go to this event. You feel left out? Then pony up the cash to see the show and other festivities...

I consider myself an out of towner (San Fran area). We used to come down in the fall or Christmas time (my grandma's fav time at the park)...I am not going to cancel but I am a little discouraged/upset at the fact that the fireworks are for people who purchase an additional ticket (already have four park hoppers). When you are dropping close to six grand on four days (hotel/flight/transfers/parkhoppers, and I have done the rough math) it still feels like, to me, they are trying to get that extra $160 (if tickets are $40) or more from the four of us.

Again, I state that I would not have as much of a problem if they were still showing the fireworks to all (not having been their last year for Halloween, I admittedly do not know how bad the crowds were first hand, just what I read here) and offering preferred seating in front of the castle for ticket holders.

I felt special when I paid extra for balcony seating for Fantasmic, it was expensive, but it was an experience that I will never forget, one that was open to anyone who wanted to "pony up" the extra cash, but DID NOT take anything away from the general public. I feel that I paid for a premium seat to view the show instead of waiting with the masses in the "mosh" pit.

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tower87fan View Post
    I am pretty sure Fortune Cookie means any alternative fireworks entertainment on the non party nights, which looking at past history we can assume maybe Remember during weekends.

All I have to say is lmao.
    Ohhhh..nvm lol...but i doubt they'll play Remember during weekends/non party nights -__-

....but seriously! a halloween haunt type even from disney would be awesome! or well i think it would and the big thunder ranch looks like the perfect place for a maze and tsi is already pretty creepy..or i guess thats just me
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast