Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Exclamation People who want the Halloween Screams Fireworks for ALL!

Okay, so there are bits and pieces of this discussion allover the boards. Let's get organized in this. Disney is already getting complaint letters about this, so lets keep the ball rolling. For all those who haven't heard, Disney has decided to only show the Halloween Fireworks at the special Halloween events on Tuesdays and Fridays during the fall. This is absolutely ridiculous seeing as how this was a public show last year. Now park guest will have to pay an extra entrance fee to go to the event and see them. This is high way robbery. if you agree, let's get to work. A lot of newspapers including the OC register are already giving them bad press for this. GOOD!

• Banned User

Re: People who want the Halloween Screams Fireworks for ALL!

This doesnt bother me TOO much, but I cant imagine what Disney is thinking on this? As far as I know, Disney fireworks has ALWAYS been available for all. I understand they want to give people who paid for this event a little more for their buck, but this aint it! ESPECIALLY something everyone normally gets with regular admission.

I see Disney buckling on this after 4 months of really bad press over it.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Isn't this the way it's already handled in the Florida? I mean, I'm not arguing that it SHOULD be this way, but it's an easy enough out with the press if Disney wants to take it.

And is it possible that Disney has something else up their sleeve regarding the Halloween events that isn't public yet that warrants the extra cost? I mean, I know the fireworks got involved, too, but isn't this possible?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I think Disney is just responding to all the letters that they received last year.....mostly from people who paid big money to travel all the way to the Disneyland Resort in what they thought was the off-season.......

If you're already paying thousands you probably won't mind an extra 40 bucks a head to visit the park in a un-crowded, relaxed atmosphere.....

Now, if you hold a pass that gets you in for a lot less than 40 dollars a visit, then having to pay an additional 40 might deter you from visiting ................which, considering how crazy things were last year, is the whole point
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Galactic Member

Angry Re: People who want the Halloween Screams Fireworks for ALL!

Off with their heads!
    Galactic Member

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I think Disney is just responding to all the letters that they received last year.....mostly from people who paid big money to travel all the way to the Disneyland Resort in what they thought was the off-season.......

If you're already paying thousands you probably won't mind an extra 40 bucks a head to visit the park in a un-crowded, relaxed atmosphere.....

Now, if you hold a pass that gets you in for a lot less than 40 dollars a visit, then having to pay an additional 40 might deter you from visiting ................which, considering how crazy things were last year, is the whole point
    Yes, I agree.

If they were to start showing Halloween Screams outside of the party, they should change the block-out schedule for the AP's.

• Banned User

I think it's just ridiculous. Fireworks have always been free for anyone who visits Disneyland. I don't think they need to start changing that now just so they can make an extra buck off of people. Sigh. Oh well.

• Merry 2014!

Idk. The last time I was at DL was around Halloween and there was only the thing at DCA and Disneyland closed at 8 p.m. except for the weekend, so there were no fireworks. Like a traditional "off season". I had to talk like crazy to convince my sibs that staying an extra day on Friday to watch the 50th anniversary fireworks was worth the extra $100. I doubt that I'd be able to convince them to shell out another $40 or whatever on top of their paid ticket.

Still, I think that a traditional tourist would still lose out unless they were really up on the Disney News to know about the extra event. There are plenty of AP'ers who'd shell out a few extra dollars to see the fireworks and know to get the ticket early, so the possibility of a regular tourist snagging a ticket once they reach the park narrows. Plus the regular guest gets to pay twice to get in that day if they go to the party because odds are they already have a park hopper and I know I'd use it the day I got there. just my 2 cents.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

As much as it smacks of a shady money grab, I'd buy this as a reason. The $40 premium when viewed in this light is quite different.

• Future Indy Castmember

For me, this is just stupid.

They just barely started Halloween Screams last year, only to have its second year exclusive to those attending the Halloween event at DL since its moving there.

Be glad that they didn't have Ghost Galaxy exclusive, that would really anger people.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• We set sail for the sky

This actually doesn't bother me at all. Halloweentime is usually the time that I get to visit Disneyland and I can definitely do without this particular assault on the senses. Muddled theme, way too loud, and just unnecessary. It's obvious that the Halloweentime promotion has gotten out of hand. The park was busier last Halloween than I think I've ever seen it. Add in the shortened park hours and its a recipe for super congestion. Clearly Disney is trying to manage the crowds a bit better with this move, and that's just fine with me. It was such a pain last year just trying to exit the park every night that the fireworks were held. It felt like summer, but with Santa Ana winds.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryancr78 View Post
    It felt like summer, but with Santa Ana winds.
    Speaking of which.
    If the fireworks are for an exclusive crowd
    and being advertised that way.
    Do you get money back when the winds are too high and the fireworks can't be sent off?

Ppl get irate when it's free andi it doesn't go off.
    Wait until they think it's one of their perks and the show doesn't happen.
    I'd hate to be in City Hall that day.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Speaking of which.
    Do you get money back when the winds are too high and the fireworks can't be sent off?

October is Santa Ana wind season. The fireworks can be and do get cancelled quite frequently during this time of year. The only thing I have to say is City Hall better brace themselves -- if the wind doesn't blow them away the muliltiple complaints from irate guests certainly will.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    October is Santa Ana wind season.

Yup,
    which is why I wonder if Disney remembers that and are willing bet money (literally) on it (fingers crossed the fireworks go off and no complaints). Good luck Disney.
    If you thought the free crowd gets upset, you might want to double up the staff in City Hall for the paying crowd.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Speaking of which.

I doubt you'd get your money back. They might have an alternative entertainment if the fireworks can't go, but I doubt it.

In general, people have got to stop confusing disappointment and anger. I have been disappointed when something like fireworks broke down or the Matterhorn was constantly in rehab every year I went, but that's the way it works. There isn't a guarantee. Some people act like Disneyland is in a bubble or something and that everything goes off without a hitch then feel slighted if it doesn't. Geez.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast