Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Spyder-man

Man Busted For Fake Disneyland Tickets

Man Busted For Fake Disneyland Tickets - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento

I saw this in our local paper. Glad he was caught.

MARYSVILLE, Calif. -- Police said a 26-year-old Yuba City man was arrested after selling fraudulent tickets to Disneyland.

The Marysville Police Department said it arrested Richard Carlos Hernandez on Tuesday after he sold an undercover police officer fraudulent tickets to Disneyland.

MPD said it launched the undercover operation on May 24 after a victim from the Auburn area contacted Hernandez via Craigslist and arranged for the purchase of tickets to Disneyland.

Police said Hernandez met the victim in a fast food restaurant parking lot in Marysville and sold the victim fraudulent tickets to Disneyland.

When the victim tried to use the tickets to gain entry to Disneyland, the victim learned that the tickets had already been used for entry into the amusement park.

During the undercover operation police said a detective contacted Hernandez via Craigslist and arranged a purchase of tickets to Disneyland.

Hernandez and the undercover detective met at a fast food restaurant and exchanged the tickets and money.

Hernandez was arrested without incident a few moments later. He was booked into the Yuba County Jail for felonious grand theft from a person and felonious forgery. He was also booked for a no-bail violation of probation warrant from Colusa County.

• ohai

Re: Man Busted For Fake Disneyland Tickets

Amazing what people are doing! The fines are way worst than an entry ticket!

• Planning my next trip...

Serves him right. I also hope that will be a lesson for others trying to buy tickets from questionable sources.

• Minion

Good. What a piece of trash.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Ugh, people like that are such jerks! I feel bad in some way for the person who purchased the fake tickets, but that's a classic example of why I just go through my travel agent and get tickets. The person who sold the fake tickets, seriously, what a chump, I hope they make him do a lot of community service, maybe then he'd learn something.
    Yaye!

Terrible. Glad it didn't happen to a family (which I'm sure it has..just not this case) and the butthead got caught. (Butthead? I have other names, just can't say them here! :P)

On the other side..can't we get rapists and child molestors steeper sentences? I know selling a fraudulent Disneyland ticket is very much so a crime, but there are worse crimes committed who recieve less steep punishments.
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• Disneyland is your land.

Dang. Fake tickets all the way up north? I wonder how many tourists fall for this kind of thing in other parts of the country.
    Class of 2005...

About 400 miles, maybe less, from Anaheim, CA

Well he was asking to get caught by doing something dumb like he did. It's funny because people find ways to get around certain things but at the same time there are many ways you can get caught nowadays.

• Disney Night Owl

I feel bad for anyone who fell victim to those fake tickets. What an awful experience to take time off work, travel out to the park and then be told the tickets cannot be used. What a way to start a Disney trip!

I am happy to hear they caught one of the culprits but unfortunately there must be plenty more of the scum out there, panhandling plenty more fakes.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I'm glad he got caught.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Senior Minion

With the economy down, scams that claim to save people money are 'way up. Buyer beware. And if you get stung, do like the victim from Auburn in this story did -- call the cops and sting back!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Closed Account

Must be the slow time of year in Yuba!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep View Post
    Must be the slow time of year in Yuba!
    It's always the slow time of year in Yuba City and Marysville.

off topic: I like how in a ten sentence long article, five sentences end in either 'purchase of tickets to disneyland' or 'tickets to disneyland.' it reads so official and boring! gimme some sentence variety!

on topic: I have no pity for anyone who tries to give off fraudulent ANYTHING as the real thing, except maybe knock off designer purses. you can walk around with a fake designer purse for your whole life fooling almost anyone, and get your moneys worth. all that fake disneyland tickets get you is a massive feeling of your heart dropping to your stomach when you realize that the money you gave to that scum of the earth could have gone to the seventy bucks+ youre going to have to pay to get in now.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Its not even worth it how much was he making of the thickets 50 bucks each?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast