Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

what happens when you lose your tickets?

So lets say you get one of the package deals and they send you those souveiner ticket, credit card type things...

You get to DLR on your first day and have a great time.

The next morning your at the entrance and realize you lost your ticket....

Then what happens???

Can you talk to someone to replace your ticket or are you out of luck???

Im curious.

Re: what happens when you lose your tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by winder*wonder View Post
    So lets say you get one of the package deals and they send you those souveiner ticket, credit card type things...

You get to DLR on your first day and have a great time.

The next morning your at the entrance and realize you lost your ticket....

Then what happens???

Can you talk to someone to replace your ticket or are you out of luck???

Im curious.
    Honestly, I think you're out of luck.

Everytime we go, I hand our tickets out to the family at the gate. The minute we get through, I collect everyone's tickets and stash them away again.

That way if, for some God awful reason, I lose them, then I know it's on me. That fact alone scares me into guarding them with my life. I usually carry my wallet in my back pocket. Not when I'm at Disneyland. Front pockets only.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

If it's a plastic ticket obtained through the Walt Disney Travel Co., then they're the only ones who MIGHT* be able to reprint it. Guest Services and Guest Relations at the park can't help you. Lost & Found can attempt to return your lost ticket to you if they have a found ticket that matches your description of yours (dates/times used, etc.), but most likely (and most unfortunately) you're probably out of luck. Officially, tickets "cannot be replaced if lost or stolen." I'd say walk down to the WDTC office at the end of DTD and see if they can help you.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Banned User

see thats what i thought, thats really a bummer though if it happened to someone.

last time when we went I did the same thing. took em out when we entered the park, took the right back afterwards and into my zipup wallet and then into my fanny pack.

yes, i wear a fanny pack and i am proud!

Treat them like cash, and always buy your tickets directly through Disney with a credit card/debit card in your name so they can at least kinda be tracked.

Do NOT get mad at Disney if they won't allow you in the park for losing a ticket though. It's not their fault you lost it (same for lost and found, hate seeing guests get mad for their own mistake). Of course when I say "you" I don't mean the OP, just in general for people reading this.
    -Wes

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    Treat them like cash, and always buy your tickets directly through Disney with a credit card/debit card in your name so they can at least kinda be tracked.

Do NOT get mad at Disney if they won't allow you in the park for losing a ticket though. It's not their fault you lost it (same for lost and found, hate seeing guests get mad for their own mistake). Of course when I say "you" I don't mean the OP, just in general for people reading this.

oh heck no, i wouldnt blame disney for me losing my tickets! or anything else for that matter...

i just can see how its very frustrating for maybe a family of four that drove all the way from utah, saved for years and lost thier tickets on the second day.
    ( and for the record, i live in nevada, have no kids, and perfer flying )

as a matter of fact i still have my tickets from last august. tehe

oh heck no, i wouldnt blame disney for me losing my tickets! or anything else for that matter...
    hehe... yeah, same here.

I just feel so bad for the CM's who have been screamed at the front gates for not allowing a guest in with no ticket. There's no reason for that. Try going to the bank and demanding they give you $100 because you lost your cash somewhere. Crazy people, lol

/side rant about lost & found
    Working in hotels and Disney I've had guests yell and scream, threaten to call the cops, etc over lost and found, saying employees HAD TO of stole the items. Yet 10 min later guess what? They find the lost item in their purse or bags of junk. Do they say sorry or maybe apologize for trying to get a housekeeper/CM fired and accusing them of being a theif? No.
    /end rant

Last edited by Wesley815; 06-02-2010 at 09:30 PM.
    -Wes

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    Try going to the bank and demanding they give you $100 because you lost your cash somewhere. Crazy people, lol

awesome comparison. so good in fact i might do that tomorrow.

waltz right into my bank and demand cash!!!!
    and if they say no???
    "Well people in disneland do it all the time!!!!!!!"

i believe that would get my two tickets to the looney bin if anything

This always scares me, I too guard them with my life! What worries me the most actually (besides losing one while getting Fastpasses) is when I buy them. What if they get lost in the mail? I always wonder if they'll send out new ones, or say tough luck? I can see if I lose them, but if the mail does that would be awful! I'm a nervous wreck about it till I get them in my mailbox!

• Nerd

i just can see how its very frustrating for maybe a family of four that drove all the way from utah, saved for years and lost thier tickets on the second day.
    ( and for the record, i live in nevada, have no kids, and perfer flying )

as a matter of fact i still have my tickets from last august. tehe
    Jeez, anyone who worked that hard to get here should be smart enough to guard their ticket like it were cash. But yeah, I would feel sorry for them.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrand1 View Post
    Everytime we go, I hand our tickets out to the family at the gate. The minute we get through, I collect everyone's tickets and stash them away again.

That way if, for some God awful reason, I lose them, then I know it's on me. That fact alone scares me into guarding them with my life.
    I do the same thing. I'm in charge of keeping the tickets, as well as getting all of the FastPasses.

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

NOOOOOOPPEEE You guys are WRONGGG I lost my park ticket in WDW, i was in-park at the time i found out i lost it, I looked thru my pockets to "organize" them after the fireworks, and realized my ticket was gone (OMG THIS IS ONLY MY SECOND DAY WHAT IF I CANT GET IT BACK!?!) I RAN to City hall, ran to the CM he was able to look up my park ticket via credit card number, and reprinted it for me right there!!! so just so ya know.. it can be re-printed, but i will always from now on, rather be safe then sorry.. and have yet to lose another park ticket!!

but i was respectful to the CM and then gave him a CM compliment! WOO

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I "lost" my Disneyland ticket before its first use (found it when I got home) and they said that they couldnt replace it.

• Disneymom

my son had his annual pass and $100 giftcard on the plastic lanyard and it broke off. He was devistated. He checked lost and found and nothing. About an hour later he checked again and some really good person had handed it in. He was totally releaved. We all were. For the annual pass he could have paid $20 for a replacement but he would have been out the giftcard. That was a few years ago.Those lanyard things are not safe. I say keep your tickets in your wallet or such. Safer that way.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    If it's a plastic ticket obtained through the Walt Disney Travel Co., then they're the only ones who MIGHT* be able to reprint it. Guest Services and Guest Relations at the park can't help you.
    Actually, the booths or guest services CAN do it, it is just a long and complicated process due to them being the plastic cards and not paper stock. This applies to WDTC tickets only though. Buy them through the grocery store or Disney Store, and those can not be reprinted.

And if you do buy by credit card, KEEP THE RECEIPT. WDW may be able to use to use your CC info to look up the transaction, but the DLR can not. You need the information present on the receipt to access your ticket information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast