• Minion

Mickeyfan 42's Band trip to DLR

Hi all, this is my first time giving a trip report but I did get a few photos to go along with the stories.

On Thursday the busses departed from LAX and went straight to the Pinocchio lot to drop us off. We were given about 3 hours to enjoy DTD and get a bite to eat. When I got off the bus I went for my first trip on the trams. After disembarking the tram I headed towards the DL Hotel because I remembered about Croc's Bits and Bites being cheaper then any food in DTD. On the Way I took a few photos of the Ridemakerz expansion:

I then got a few shots of the DL Hotel renovation on the way to get lunch:

After eating we headed over to the hotel gift shop, I got my pin lanyard, 2 new pins and a graduation antenna ball When we loaded to bus to head to the hotel and check in most of us were excited to see the Pirates Dinner. When we rolled up to the hotel many of us thought it was gonna be run-down and hookerish because of the outside, but then the lobby had some of the nicest decor I'd ever seen.

We went to the pirate dinner, and seeing as to how I'm not a fan of Chicken or Pork, I was not impressed with the menu they had. And if that wasn't bad enough, the sound techs wouldn't turn down any of the mics when actors would scream into tem, which caused me to get a splitting headache by the end of the night. I honestly don't reccomend the Pirate Dinner for those who appreciate quality entertainment.

Friday morning I was the first from my room up, at about 6 am and got dressed and ate before they woke up, loaded the bus to DLR and waited to go into DL at opening. As soon as I could I went through the familiar turnstiles to wait in MS for the rest of the park to open to guests. I got to see, but not meet Mickey & friends, Geppetto, Pinocchio, and a few others. I knew that I could bypass a huge line if I cut through the shops in Main Street, and I seemed to be the only one for a while that thought to do so.

I headed to Finding Nemo as soon as I could because I knew how long a line it would likely get, and I was anxious to give it a try. I ended up being the 3rd to board the 1st sub of the day. No matter what you guys say, I rather enjoyed it. We then did Autopia, Captain Eo (A+++) and Star Tours.

When We headed over to the west side of the park, I was surprised to see Murphy up on stage. So I headed to Winnie the Pooh, knowing that its usually a walk on, and splash was closed at the time. upon leaving that we did HM where I got to see Madame Leota floating (A++), we also did PotC, but on the way I got to see the beginning of Tiana's Celebration from the front row:

(A-). We did thunder, and JC, and then headed towards PH during the C!ASP.

I had never bee to this area before so it was quite fun for me, first I saw Iridessa:

Then I got to meet Tinkerbell who gave me a hard time for not having any pins with her, and not going to F! or Magical that evening like I wanted to:

On the way from PH to GRR at DCA, I ran into TFE, and I recognized him instantly by the indy outfit over in TL, then went to DCA and got to get a picture with Mater and Lightning McQueen:

I did GRR, and was very tempted to take photos of TLM but it wouldn't have been safe for my camera After getting soaked I headed towards PP and noticed that SSS was open, sorry no pics or vids, and would have gotten in line if we had more time, it was about 4:30 and we only could be at the parks until 5 and i wanted to see BSC. I took a pit stop in BSC and was truly wowed by the interior.

We headed to Disney Hall next, which was a nice venue but the entire time I was distracted by my watch and knowing what was going on at DL at the time, I kept think to myself "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, in just about (insert #) minutes the ..." "...Rivers of America will come to life with F!" or "...skies above Sleeping Beauty Castle will come to life in tonights fireworks Magical". the best part for me about being at Disney Hall wasn't the concert itself, but the fact that its WALT DISNEY hall.

The next day we warmed up for our performance and then headed off to Fullerton college to perform. When we came back to the parks at 6:15, and the tickets said we coudn't go in until 7:00, I decided to head towards the monorail to go in that way. On the way I got a few new shots of Ridemakerz:

We then headed to the train station in TL, and noticed Pluto:

We then boarded the train, and headed to New Orleans Square. i could already see F! getting ready for the first showing. We rode HM and Madame Leota wasn't flaoting this time. Then we did Splash via Single Rider because its just fun. We did Piraes and Davy jones wasn't projecting, when i asked a CM she said that he was angry so he wouldn't come in today, which made me jokingly fear for F! that night.

When I got off of Pirates it was time to head to the Festival Arena for the awards ceremony. I heard the announcement saying the F! would start in 5 minutes. At this point I really wanted to stay put but I had already planned on watching the 10:30 F! after awards. well they had Bothell meet up right by the Mark Twain loading dock, and I was able to see the monkeys on the barge so I cheered for them and waved, pleading that they let me watch F! instead.

We got innfront of the entrance to Festival Arena, but they wouldn't let us in until AFTER Magical because that area was to act as the Fireworks fall zone This made me miss both showings of F! and Magical from the appropriate viewings areas (F-). The awards show was long, boring and all students wanted to get out of there and see other park offerings. Then Mickey came on stage and I had to ask a CM near me... "Isn't he supposed to be saving the RoA from Maleficent right now?" I don;t think she expected me to know where F! was in its show but she didn't have an answer for me either (D-). After the awards finally got done (and I could see the lights, pyro and hear the music from F!'s finale) I went over to BTMRR, it ended up breaking down while I was in line at the gate to get in the next train. So from there i ran over to Matterhorn ASAP and got to do it for the first time this trip before having to leave for the night. And, believe me when I say how angry I am at Heritage for choosing the evening for the awards ceremony, especially when I heard from choir kids that when they went on Spring break, the awards were midday.

That should do it, i don't want to write aout how bad Venice Beach was for me the next day, and this was all of our time in the parks.
    Last edited by mickeyfan42; 06-02-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Mickeyfan 42's Band trip to DLR

Nice report! Thanks for sharing with us!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

to bad you didnt get to see F! but at least you got to go in the festival of fools arena...ive never been in there so i think its cool...
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DapperJoshua View Post
    to bad you didnt get to see F! but at least you got to go in the festival of fools arena...ive never been in there so i think its cool...
    I think I would have appreciated it a lot more if it wasn't during F!
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

ugh. i couldn't imagine going to DL with restrictions of where i can and cant be... i only go alone or with close family that i can boss around, LOL

but really, as long as you had fun.. i dont think i could in that environment tho "Be back by this time, you cant go to the park till this time"

Thanks for posting...nice trip report...I was wondering what pirate dinner you were talking about I have never heard of it. Just Curious
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    Thanks for posting...nice trip report...I was wondering what pirate dinner you were talking about I have never heard of it. Just Curious
    Its almost across from Knotts:
    Pirates Dinner Adventure - Official Site of the Best Family Dinner Show Theater
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Just so you know, Walt Disney Concert Hall was named that because Lillian Disney made a sizable donation in order to build it. Other than that it has absolutely nothing to do with the Walt Disney Company.

But I digress -- great trip report!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Just so you know, Walt Disney Concert Hall was named that because Lillian Disney made a sizable donation in order to build it. Other than that it has absolutely nothing to do with the Walt Disney Company.

But I digress -- great trip report!
    i thought there was something like that, but at least it has Walt's name on it, and I truly wish it was run by WDC, maybe then it would play fun music that wouldn't put me to sleep
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Oh yeah, that one...I heard of that one... I thought there was one at disneyland
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    Oh yeah, that one...I heard of that one... I thought there was one at disneyland
    If there was, it would have actually been quality and enjoyable, plus more then 2 options for food!
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th