Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Wilderness Explorer

Re: Silly Symphony Swings. What did any of you think of the ride?

Ok so I've got a question... I get motion sick and therefore don't do spinning rides very well.

I can handle the teacups with some moderate added spinning using the wheel.
    However, I can't handle the swinging gondolas on MFW (I tried it for the first time a couple months ago... bad choice).

Soo to finally get to my question, how rough is the ride in terms of dizzyness and how motion sickness-inducing it is?
    I'm determined to go on it regardless (I have to try every single ride at DLR at least once), but I just want to know how sick I may get.

• Ready for takeoff

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Ok so I've got a question... I get motion sick and therefore don't do spinning rides very well.

However, I can't handle the swinging gondolas on MFW (I tried it for the first time a couple months ago... bad choice).

Soo to finally get to my question, how rough is the ride in terms of dizzyness and how motion sickness-inducing it is?
    I'm determined to go on it regardless (I have to try every single ride at DLR at least once), but I just want to know how sick I may get.
    Did you go on Orange Stinger? To me, it felt similar but a little faster.

That being said, the ride is pretty short. I think if you can handle teacups, you can do SSS.

Lightbulb Re: Silly Symphony Swings. What did any of you think of the ride?

how rough is the ride in terms of dizzyness and how motion sickness-inducing it is?
    Honestly that's a tough question for someone to answer for you. I don't feel any effects from SSS, but can also handle any type of crazy carnival 'flat ride/spin 'n puke' just fine. A ride might be no big deal to some folks, but others get sick.

I think I'd have to agree that you'd need to try it once and hope for the best, lol
    -Wes

• Future Cast Member :)

I liked it, I thought the music was cool and really added to it. I liked the orange too though.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGhost View Post
    I liked it, I thought the music was cool and really added to it. I liked the orange too though.
    the only thing i miss about the orange is the really loud screaming and the ride operates were funny.

• Banned User

I'm also the same, except I can't even handle the teacups, or star tours, or tower, or screamin(yea, a lot of rides LOL), but I definitely could handle SSS, so uhhh idk. Everyone is different.

As far as my review: THIS RIDE IS AMAZING! I love the theme! I love the music! I love everything! It's just a beautiful ride! The waiting area was actually kind of scary because it's really narrow and right up against the edge, so it feels like you are gonna fall off if you lean on the rails. One thing though, way that one speaker was staticy the day I rode it. It was kind of annoying hearing it every time you would pass by it. Hopefully they've fixed it by now. As far as effects. There is a UV light in the canopy so the bottom glows. Theres also the strobes under the canopy as well that looks like lighting. I didn't see these effects on the ride as I rode it in the daytime, but you can see them at night.

• Disneyland Nomad

I loved riding it, glad its back up!
    "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

The Beatles

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomFan View Post
    Did you go on Orange Stinger? To me, it felt similar but a little faster.

That being said, the ride is pretty short. I think if you can handle teacups, you can do SSS.
    Never tried the Orange Stinger.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    I'm also the same, except I can't even handle the teacups, or star tours, or tower, or screamin(yea, a lot of rides LOL), but I definitely could handle SSS, so uhhh idk. Everyone is different.
    Gah I totally forgot about ToT!! I hate it. The constant up-down-up-down kills my stomach. It sorta gives me a headache too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    Honestly that's a tough question for someone to answer for you. I don't feel any effects from SSS, but can also handle any type of crazy carnival 'flat ride/spin 'n puke' just fine. A ride might be no big deal to some folks, but others get sick.

I think I'd have to agree that you'd need to try it once and hope for the best, lol

Will-do.
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    I'll give it a shot hopefully within the next week.
    Full review when I return *crosses fingers*

• The one, the only...

I am looking forward to SSS, but I am not surprised that they don't really make you feel like you are going over water. When I heard that in the Blue Sky preview center, I was skeptical. "How is that going to happen?," I thought. From the drawings, it looks like the guests would still see the deck below them. I really don't think that Disney should have promised that sensation in the previews. It was just hype. Walt was someone who wanted to fulfill expectations. When Walt said that to exit the POTC, guests would "go up a waterfall." That sounded impossible, but he said that anything is possible at Disneyland. And HE DID IT! He fulfilled what he promised.

Today Disney imagineers are less concerned with really doing what they promise.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    When Walt said that to exit the POTC, guests would "go up a waterfall." That sounded impossible, but he said that anything is possible at Disneyland. And HE DID IT! He fulfilled what he promised.
    Rather off-topic, but I don't really agree with that. It's no different. The final lift hill in Pirates doesn't look or feel like a waterfall. It looks and feels like a mechanical ramp with a little water flowing on it, which is exactly what it is. If it was like a real waterfall, it'd be much steeper and have a lot more water. But that wouldn't work very well, so they did the next best thing. SSS may not physically take you out over the water, but I'm sure they got as close as they could without endangering the guests or compromising the structural integrity of the ride or whatnot.

Mind you, I have infinitely more love and respect for Pirates as a whole. I'm just saying.

it was fun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12