Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Re: Why can't DLR clean the Mickey and Friends parking structure floors?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They need to add a few more trashcans throughout the structure near the main pillars. The ones near the elavators are always full and overflowing
    Agreed!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• Mrs. J. Depp

I agree with the OP 100%! That parking structure disgusts me!! Every time I'm walking through at the end of the day (more cars are gone so you can really see all the nasty stains), I always wonder if the structure gets cleaned. And with everyone who said that it's a time or money issue, I'm sorry but that's bull crap. Disney pays to constantly have "good show" and it shouldn't matter where on property that is. Whether it's the parking structure or a restaurant, show is show and I feel that parking structure exudes a certain uncleanliness that should be taken care of pronto.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by h2opolodad View Post
    . . . we all need to do our part in making sure we don't add to the problem by dropping our trash any place other than in trash cans.
    Thanks so much, h2opolodad, for reminding us all of. . .No, on second thought. Is it enough that we just pick up after ourselves?! What would Walt do? I'll tell you! He would organize an army of volunteers wearing the old Tomorrowland orange jumpsuits to work 15-hour shifts to clean the garage.

Or we could re-start Phil Hendrie's Citizen's Auxiliary Police with the pith helmets and blue armbands. We could blow whistles at and make citizens arrests on those pigs (Thanks, PirateMickey for that perfect word!) who litter, and post their photos on a newspaper called the "Parking Lot Pigs!" that we distribute near the park entrances.

And, this is slightly off-track, maybe, uh, we could ask the real parking lot employees to ask their bosses to ask their bosses if the could bring back the Peoplemover back to Tomorrowland, and, uh let us operate a litter jail.

Let's keep brainstorming people! Don't inhibit your creativity, just write what ever pops into your brain.

I have to say that i am guilty of picking up popcorn boxes or any large piece of trash from the floor and throwing them in the trash cans. Its a habit of mine even when i take my dogs out for a walk, if i see trash on the sidewalk i pick it up and throw it in a plastic bag i carry. I especially like picking up the baggies that have paper or business cards with rocks in them that no one wants or junk mail that gets blown away from people near the mail boxes

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I agree with the OP 100%! That parking structure disgusts me!!. . . And with everyone who said that it's a time or money issue, I'm sorry but that's bull crap. [emphasis mine] Disney pays to constantly have "good show" and it shouldn't matter where on property that is. Whether it's the parking structure or a restaurant. . .
    Awesome, IzzyInWonderland!
    I agree that guests should be able to roll around naked on any surface at Disneyland without fear of germs.
    To paraphrase the great Lazlo Toth (on an imperfect M&M he found and the Soviets), I FOR ONE DON'T LIKE THIS "IT'S JUST A PARKING GARAGE" ATTITUDE!
    Suppose the Chinese found out about this?!

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

Two different thoughts i have:

1)Well would you rather Disney clean the parking garage, or the bathrooms, in and outside the park? And even the parks!

2)Disney should be on top of this, because first timers to the DLR, this is their first impression, and they might come out thinking, really this is disney?

just my opinion.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

You know, it's funny...I'm willing to bash Disney for a lot of things. But every time I enter the parking structure after closing (when it's mostly empty) my first thought isn't "Why doesn't the park clean this up?" It's "Why are people such lazy worthless pigs?"

Stains on a parking lot floor? Not pretty, but really, there is no way to stop that. People don't maintain their cars, they leak oil/radiator fluid...they leave stains.

Trash on the floor? Each day's trash is picked up that night. That means that just that day carloads of self-centered inconsiderate morons decided that rather than leave their trash in THEIR lovely car, they would throw it all on floor of the parking lot and let YOU wade through it. Because they are important and you are not.

No amount of park dollars is going to prevent that or cure it. Should they employ a few hundred cast members to do nothing but patrol the lot and watch guests as they exit every car so they can nab them like a cafeteria lady? "Put that trash in a proper receptacle!"
    (note: if the reprimand could be accompanied by a jab from an electric cattle prod, I'd totally support it)

• former CM

If Baloo's picking up trash is wrong, I don't want him to be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I have to say that i am guilty of picking up popcorn boxes or any large piece of trash from the floor and throwing them in the trash cans. Its a habit of mine. . .
    Guilty?!
    I only wish there were more criminals like you!
    We could send you off to a re-opened Alcatraz--Warden, Al Lutz--and feed you nothing but churros!
    Baloo, stop beating yourself up for saving the world! It's people like you who help make the Mickey & Friends parking lot one of the finest in Orange County!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_in_water View Post
    2)Disney should be on top of this, because first timers to the DLR, this is their first impression, and they might come out thinking, really this is disney?
    Bingo.

Pre-DCA, the first impression you got of Disneyland was of the train station and Matterhorn beckoning to you from across the parking lot. You could hear the whistle of the Mark Twain, the engine's bell of the Disneyland Railroad, and gunshots from the Jungle Cruise. As a kid or adult, it was so exciting -- like an opening of a movie. A scene that said you'd arrived! There were plenty of trams to take you to the ticket booths. Riding them was exciting in itself -- you could literally see Disneyland's entrance getting closer as you approached. It was a moment of high anticipation that set the mood for a day at the most magical place on Earth.

Now the first impression is of a gloomy, dirty, industrial parking structure, and the long hike that follows. The fact that Eisner himself oversaw the details of its design makes it all the creepier.

Bad show, Disney.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-04-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

The structure is steam cleaned on a rotating basis. Remember it's 5 levels of enormous swaths of concrete.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    The structure is steam cleaned on a rotating basis. Remember it's 5 levels of enormous swaths of concrete.
    Translation: "We at the Walt Disney Company are doing our difficult, expensive jobs just fine, so why the complaints?"

- Neil Gabler

• I love my family!

Not to be mean or rude but, this is the kind of thread that gives our site a bad name.

It's a parking structure, thousands of cars pass through it every single day, keeping it spotless would be an $$$$ losing battle.

And before you compare the old lot to the structure, remember that the old lot wasn't as well lit and a black top, so stains didn't show as well.

Also, about the first impressions issue, people are way too jacked up that their at DL to care about looking down at the floor, their too busy trying to find their way out to the trams.

I know, Disney should start doing vehicle inspections as you enter the lots and issue car diapers to problem vehicles.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Not to be mean or rude but, this is the kind of thread that gives our site a bad name.

It's a parking structure, thousands of cars pass through it every single day, keeping it spotless would be an $$$$ losing battle.
    That's totally a strawman argument. "Keeping it spotless" is NOT what the OP was suggesting. Re-read his post.

Not to be mean or rude, but one of the things that gives Disney a bad name is the number of Disney employees who post on fan sites excusing and defending its bad show.

And make no mistake, as a first impression arriving on-property, the parking structure is Bad Show.

- Neil Gabler

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    What the... how?!

"Oh I hate that MiceChat place. They offer valid complaints against a parking structure being dirty. Despicable."
    Really. Please explain how this thread gives MiceChat a "bad name."

Anyway, I agree with the OP.
    Yes, it's "just a parking lot"
    But it's also a part of Disneyland and something that most guests experience on their trip to the parks.

I've thought that Mickey and Friends has needed a refresh for a while.
    It doesn't need a daily cleaning. Just one night, bring on some extra overnight crew to make a sweep of the whole thing using some high-powered cleaners and stuff. You get a few guys on it, how long will it really take?
    Yeah it'll get dirty again fast, but I don't see how monthly cleanings can be that difficult.
    Also, a lot of the signs for the different levels are pretty faded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    And make no mistake, as a first impression arriving on-property, the parking structure is Bad Show.
    Well-said. I agree.

• no flash photography...

I park in the structure every time I go with the exception of the last trip. It's a perking lot. The ground in every parking lot I have been in has stains on it. As far as trash...once I saw a McDonalds bag of food on the ground, but nothing to the level at which I would feel the parking lot was an alley or needed immediate cleaning...and no I do not work for disney.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast