Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

Re: New Indiana Jones AA Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    I dont know where I read this before, but the AAs was based on Fords model, maybe the guy in the pre-show video. Again, I could be dead wrong, just what I remember reading.

And yeah, Ford didnt want to have anything to do with this. The guy couldnt didnt even want them to use his voice. I'm really not sure what issues he had with this ride. But lack of his voice takes away the experience when the original actors voice is not there. Its also why I dont love the Nemo more ride more, because its obvious its not the original actors from the film.
    The voices in the Finding Nemo subs aren't the original voice actors from the film? They sure did a good job of fooling me.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    The voices in the Finding Nemo subs aren't the original voice actors from the film? They sure did a good job of fooling me.
    Actually, I thought in Nemo they are the original voices, except for Dory. Ellen Degenerous did not do her for the ride for some reason.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    That's pretty much what I've heard as well.
    He should do it when Indy turns 30, the ride would be sooo much better with him voicing the Indy on the ride.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    Actually, I thought in Nemo they are the original voices, except for Dory. Ellen Degenerous did not do her for the ride for some reason.
    I could tell Ellen didn't do it. It sounded hardly anything like her.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    All the voices Except for Dory and Nemo are the people who originated the roles...Knowing this stuff comes with the territory :P

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Arrow Re: New Indiana Jones AA Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by GoogleMickey View Post
    It was said a few times in this thread that people should write to Disneyland about the matter of a refurbishment for Indy, but wasn't it reported by Al that now they shred incoming mail or send it back or something like that due to someone trying to sue Disney for "their" idea of having Soar'in built at EPCOT. I was under the impression disney doesn't read mail like that, or take comments about it at City Hall
    I believe it depends on how the letter is written to Disney. I've had numerous responses to the letters I've sent since the new "policy" was supposedly implemented. All the response letters have specifically stated what my letter was in regards to. A form letter, yes, but it wasn't so much a form letter that it didn't even touch on the subject at hand.

An example of how to perhaps write a letter would be to state examples of how the ride is in bad shape. Were there effects that didn't work? Were you kept on your Jeep for a lengthy amount of time due to a mechanical malfunction? Did you see lighting that took away from "the show"? This style of writing is putting up red flags without blatantly stating, "Disney, please give your 'Indy' attraction a refurbish with x-effect and y-enhancement(s)."

There are definite ways of suggesting something to a company without suggesting it. Even using the terms "I wish..." or "I hope..." can give a company a suggestion without flat-out stating, "I suggest..." or "I am encouraging..." x-to happen.

If any of you would like to read/see some of my recent letters to and/or from Disney, please contact me via PM so as not to detract from this thread's main purpose.

- Joe

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro View Post
    All the voices Except for Dory and Nemo are the people who originated the roles...Knowing this stuff comes with the territory :P
    Really? That doesn't sound like Albert Brooks at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
    My boyfriend (JFSebastian) told me why Harrison Ford didn't do it. If I remember correctly it has something to do with Ford not wanting it to be a big deal, just do the recording, no press or anything. But someone who was head of it set up press conferences and interviews. And he said he wasn't going to
    do it anymore. I may have it wrong, but that's pretty much what I was told.
    I had heard he'd agreed to do the ride but no commercials or other voice work. Then someone faxed him the script for a Superbowl commercial for the ride instead of the ride script and he pulled out of the project.

That's what I read on some website long ago. Could contain a kernel of truth or none at all.

PS-I also fond it odd that Tim Allen didn't do Buzz Lightyear for Astro Blasters but DID do it for Midway Mania....odd.

PSS-I belive that is not Billy Crystal in the Monster's Inc ride...I believe it is Carlos Alazraqui (famous for voicing the Taco Bell Dog)

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    Yeah, Dory and Marlin is the most obvious. They sounds nothing like the actual voices, especially Dory.

i went on the attraction late last night and noticed a few improvements. sound seem to be better, new ghost of mara effect looked much better, rat effect much sharper and of course mara's eyes at the beginning look much cooler.

one thing that seemed odd to me was that there seemed to be a lot more light in the attraction over all, didn't seem to be as dark. anyone else notice this?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234