Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Shredder

New Indiana Jones AA Thread!

Because I am such a huge fan of this attraction, and of the Indiana Jones movies themselves, I'd thought I'd get the ball rolling on a new thread that MiceChatters can use to upload any new photos or videos of this new AA that has just been installed inside of IJA.

If you have any of these yourself, please post them here for all of us to see! Any comments or opinions of this new AA are also very much welcome!

Let me start off with a catalog of photos of the OLD AA for reference.

MODERATOR EDIT: The photos can be viewed under Indy & The Boulder at davelandweb.com. Let's please not hotlink to photos on other sites - either link to them like this, or re-upload them to your own webspace.

^I apologize Moderator, yes go view them at this website to see the Old Indy AA
    Last edited by Vashsky666; 06-04-2010 at 07:17 AM.

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

Re: New Indiana Jones AA Thread!

I didn't know they had updated the one near the beginning of the ride until I rode it last. If it looks just as good as that one does then I would say this is going to be a pretty cool enhancement. I wonder if he will have really fluid movements like the Buzz AA does?!

• Banned User

Sweet! I enjoy seeing ride photos, on, especially a ride that moves fast. Thanks for the photos. I can't wait to see another new Indy AA. I think the next thing they need to upgrade is the snake AA. It looks like its just a giant party inflatable, with a moving head and neck.

• Shredder

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Sweet! I enjoy seeing ride photos, on, especially a ride that moves fast. Thanks for the photos. I can't wait to see another new Indy AA. I think the next thing they need to upgrade is the snake AA. It looks like its just a giant party inflatable, with a moving head and neck.
    Well I know it's been replaced before, the previous original version being very much derived from the designs of snakes you see depicted throughout the attraction (I.E. The Hall of Promise, alongside either ends of the bridge, etc.) which lasted until like 2005 or 2008 or something until they got the snake that they have now which is still derived from the "cobra" designs of the other snakes you see but it is much more "fake looking" and doesn't really fit the overall art direction of the attraction...

It's hard to describe it but that's basically what I see in the new snake compared to the old one anyway...

It was a very awkward moment when they were in the process of exchanging snakes because they put in a static snake to "fill the void" in between snake transfers and then at one point there was actually no snake at all if I recall correctly so I guess it's good that they at least have something moving at all rather than just have it sit there similar to what Expedition Everest's Yeti does now...

I believe you could actually spot the head and pieces of the old snake's body just sitting outside of the IJA show building for a time while riding the Monorail... It's gone from the last time I've been on the Monorail but it was quite an archaeological find for the time being, that's for sure!

Current WDI Imagineer: "But we made great attractions like Pirates of the Carribean!!!"
    Cast Member: "No, WED made Pirates of the Caribbean, you guys made things like 'Spare Park' [DCA]"

• Shredder

The park must have opened by now, is IJA running? Any new developments? Pics? Anything??!?!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I'm very excited to see as well. I might go today myself or Sunday to check it out.

• Shredder

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I'm very excited to see as well. I might go today myself or Sunday to check it out.
    Lucky! I know if I lived near the parks that'd be my first stop of the day today! The helpless anticipation is killing me!!!

• Destruction is Inevitable

There is no new indy at the end of the ride. The only enhancements are Mara's eyes are way better (in the Hall of Promise), and there is a better projection of the spirit of Mara inside the skull (cavern of bubbling death).

• Shredder

Quote Originally Posted by XenoSoldier108 View Post
    There is no new indy at the end of the ride. The only enhancements are Mara's eyes are way better (in the Hall of Promise), and there is a better projection of the spirit of Mara inside the skull (cavern of bubbling death).
    But it was just down for 3 days to specifically install a new Indy AA. Trust me it's in there, Disney doesn't just shut down one of the most popular attractions and biggest people eater in the park before memorial weekend (even for a relatively short time) for nothing!

From Al Lutz's article from 6/1

As you read this update on Tuesday, Tony’s last big E Ticket at Disneyland, the fantastic Indiana Jones Adventure, will be closing for a quick 3 day rehab so Tony’s team can work their magic. The prime motivator behind this short rehab is the installation of a brand new, and far more advanced, animatronic Indy figure at the rides big finale’. The animatronic Indy that stands triumphantly at the shattered granite ball your troop transport just dodged will be swapped out for a much more realistic version. -Al Lutz

• Shredder

Quote Originally Posted by XenoSoldier108 View Post
    Oh wait... did you ride it???

• Infinitized!

I heard the scene changed a little too. Your ride vehicle stops at the last scene where Indy was previously. This time though, you see a King Cool lead-lined fridge with the door opening up and...

• Destruction is Inevitable

yeah i went today to check out the new indy AA. I got on it around 9:30 am. I've been an indy many,many,many times, and he didn't have the shakes like he used to, so maybe it was just fixing that, but he looked the same, moved the same, sounded the same.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I heard the scene changed a little too. Your ride vehicle stops at the last scene where Indy was previously. This time though, you see a King Cool lead-lined fridge with the door opening up and...
    Muahahahah. Oh, Crystal Skull....
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Banned User

what... Indy was closed today, at least thats what it said at the front gate... liers...

• Shredder

Awwww.... this sucks... they didn't replace it?!?! Oh man.. this is ALMOST as disappointing as the Hat Box Ghost no-show in January... This sucks snakes!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast