Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: how much do you love disneyland on the rate of 1-10

9.483. Points deducted for: last half of the Eisner years, price increases for almost any reasons, removal of the PeopleMover, parades that stop, firework shows that make half the Park stop, decreasing food choices, snubbing old time traditions, Miley Cyrus

I give it a 10+ 95% of the time.....but that other 5% when the crowds are just too much, it kinda ruins it for me. Bad attitude spreads like wild fire and it's hard not to get swept up in it. Cranky pants = thumbs down.
    Well Gawrsh!

• Banned User

Coming from an AP holder, I'd say 10.

In my opinion, it's the best Magic Kingdom in the world despite some of its flaws (PM track abandoned for a full decade and still awaiting a replacement, Winnie the Pooh being a bit lazily done, Astro Orbiter not being on second story, big waste of Innoventions building, and Indiana Jones not being "cranked up to full power", and the park feeling slightly cramped.). Better than Tokyo, better than MK at WDW.

For one reason, it's the original one; even at WDW's MK it doesn't quite feel the same since Walt had never been able to step foot there.

Second, we have the most amount of rides of any MK park in the world. Think about it. We have like seven classic Fantasyland-style dark rides at DL (Eight if you count the upcoming Tinker Bell dark ride), plus where else in the world can you board submarines and "find Nemo"? Or ride a bobsled down a Swiss mountain, spin in a cartoon taxi with Roger Rabbit, board an oversize caterpillar into Wonderland, ride the Casey Jr. express, or hear Mr. Lincoln speak for that matter? Where else in America can you go on an adventure with Indiana Jones in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye?

Plus let's not count the fact of all the exciting new rides planned in the future for us that I don't think any of the Disney parks are going to get! (PeopleMover returning, Tron ride, Tinker Bell dark ride, and unknown E-Ticket in Frontierland.)

Also we probably have the best Pirates of the Caribbean here at DL and the best Space Mountain.

I said all of that to say this...Disneyland is great and no matter how many clones they build there will be nowhere else like it!

Disneyland is a really hard place to rate... When you compare it to any other theme park it's simple to give it a 10.

If you rate it against itself over time and throw in some missed opportunities then I'd give it an 8.

Tomorrowland is pulling it down at least a point and DCA has some missed opportunities to truly live up to the Disneyland standard. Hopefully work that will be done in both places can bring us closer to a 10.

I would have to say about a bajillion! Can not stop at a 10!

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Or ride a bobsled down a Swiss mountain, spin in a cartoon taxi with Roger Rabbit, board an oversize caterpillar into Wonderland, ride the Casey Jr. express, or hear Mr. Lincoln speak for that matter? Where else in America can you go on an adventure with Indiana Jones in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye?
    Not to rain on your parade, but RRCS is also at TDL and Casey Jr. is at DLP (although in rollercoaster form) And one can argue IJA at TDS are the same attraction with story and theme changes.

Although I agree with everything else you've said!

• poohbear is dope

yeah tl needs to be updated

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_James View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but RRCS is also at TDL and Casey Jr. is at DLP (although in rollercoaster form) And one can argue IJA at TDS are the same attraction with story and theme changes.

Although I agree with everything else you've said!
    Guess I should've narrowed it down to just the US. Haha

• Loves Fajita!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrand1 View Post
    I'd have to say a solid 7.5

In the midst of planning and waiting for a DLR vacation that number is amped up to a 100+, but as for the remainder of my life, I have too many other interests to rate Disneyland any higher than a 7.5 at the most.
    This is exactly how I feel. Going in less than 2 weeks so its up there, but day in and day out I don't think much about it at all.

9/10.

.5 being that Tomorrowland has potential and I'm just waiting to see what they do in the coming years [PM 2.0 or Tron E-Tickets?] and the other .5 for Winnie the Pooh replacing CBJ.

Other than that I'm so fortunate to live so close to the best Disney theme park in the world.

• Banned User

10+ even though I would like to knock off a few points for ridiculous admission prices when all other theme parks are way cheaper with better annual passport specials. I remember when I was little and a family of 4 could get in for under $140 and now you actually have to have about $400 handy just to get into the place. If you live in So. Cal you'd be crazy not to get a annual pass in some form or another to be able to go even twice a year.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    I have been going regularly since 1962. I give it a 9.90.

Sorry, but I had to take off something for getting rid of the Keel Boats and the Country Bear Jamboree.

And the Mine Train

And the Skyway
    And replacing the original submarines with FNSV...

definitely an 8.5. I also give DCA the exact same score. I love both places equally...

• poohbear is dope

Talking Re: how much do you love disneyland on the rate of 1-10

i see so it seems like the avg rating is about 8.0

Compared to other parks, I'd have to give it a 10. Compared to what it use to be like back in the day, I would say an 8.5. Tomorrowland needs to be redone. Once that happens, I'll raise it back to a 9.5 hopefully.

I do miss a lot that is gone, but honestly it doesn't diminish my experience when I'm there, nor does it keep me from going as much as possible. I might not like some of the changes over the years, but nothing can be done about it, so I move forward and enjoy it how it is today. I'm still the biggest Disneydork now as much as I was back then.

• Banned User

Right now it's at 9.99 for me, when the Star Tours update is complete it'll be improved to a 9.99 1/2... and when the peoplemover makes it's return my 10 will be complete

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast