Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176 ... LastLast

• Disney worshipper/geek

Re: World of Color Discussions - (Official Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You've been registered here for 5 years and you walked into WoC not expecting to stand... and want to complain about it here? Sorry you missed the 10,002 memos on the topic.

You had a complaint.. I offered a way to resolve it but hey... seems like all you want is to complain and have it your way. Enjoy
    Well, pardon my for not consulting an unofficial message board before breathing in a Disney park, what must you think of me?

I'm not asking to just be allowed to complain, I am asking to not be partonized to. Maybe I was looking for people who'd had a similar experience with Disney apparently not using a terrible amount of sense, despite plenty of experience.

I guess you would know what goes on in every inch of this board...since you seem to have had the time to look up MY info....should i feel special or something that you decided to acknowledge me?
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Thinking about doughnuts

Re: World of Color Reviews and Photos - (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    And at the risk of getting wet, get the boardwalk section, you will be up close to the fountains and such and you'll be able to see them work better.
    If you're going to do that then bring foul weather gear. The CMs were warning people that they'd get "Shamu wet" down there. I saw people leaving the boardwalk who looked like they'd just been on Grizzly River Rapids. I'm looking forward to trying the "wet zone" myself but you can appreciate the show as a whole from farther back and higher.

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: World of Color Reviews and Photos - (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    If you're going to do that then bring foul weather gear. The CMs were warning people that they'd get "Shamu wet" down there. I saw people leaving the boardwalk who looked like they'd just been on Grizzly River Rapids. I'm looking forward to trying the "wet zone" myself but you can appreciate the show as a whole from farther back and higher.
    Yeah. I'm going to experiment viewing the show from different areas. I haven't seen the show from the red and orange sections yet (Only saw it from the yellow and Blue).

When I saw it from the boardwalk, I took my jacket off to cover my fedora. After the show, my jacket was completley wet but my hat and bag was spared. I enjoyed getting wet even though my glasses got really wet (had to wipe them during the show several times). Hopefully I can see the show from the back of PPk.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

So I've gotta ask.. Have we determined if the sections are randomly changing?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    So I've gotta ask.. Have we determined if the sections are randomly changing?
    Sections are not randomly changing. Went on Fri and Sun and the sections were the same.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Goofy

is woc all year round or is it just for the summer season? just wondering thats all.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    is woc all year round or is it just for the summer season? just wondering thats all.
    Year round. After the summer it should be weekends only like F! is during the off season.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Goofy

okay thanks.

Might be going in the 2nd week of August. What time do you think the Fast Passes for WOC will run out? Also, do they let people in DCA before 10am to get FP?

Thanks!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Year round. After the summer it should be weekends only like F! is during the off season.
    I don't know, World of Color wouldn't be as expensive to run as Fantasmic.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    I don't know, World of Color wouldn't be as expensive to run as Fantasmic.
    True, but they'll need the off-season to do maintence work on the platform. Which means that Mon-Thur will be the days that WoC wont be playing in the off-season.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I asked these questions on the Joy of Fastpass thread, but decided to also ask them here since this thread gets more attention.

WOC fastpass questions:

1st question:

We are going to try to see WOC on Saturday, June 26th, when all AP's are blocked aside from PAPs. DCA opens at 10a.m. that day. Do we need to line up in the early hours of the morning in order to get a fastpass for that evening? How late have some of you lined up and still managed to get a fastpass?

2nd question:

We will have 2 young children with us. Would it be acceptable for one of us to wait in the fastpass line while the other takes the children on DCA rides and then trade off every now and then with the other adult taking the space in line while the one who had been waiting gets to use the restroom or go sit down for awhile or take the kids on rides?

3rd and final question:

Can anyone here make an educated guess as to how long a wait for a WOC fastpass will take on a Saturday that is blocked to all other APs aside from PAPs?

• Zephyr Pilot

Lines haven't been as long as they were opening day. This past Sunday, there was almost no line outside an hour before opening. These past two days were crazy busy because it was the last day without block outs.

Expect the 9PM show to run out between 11AM-12PM. The 10:15PM show has been running out only an hour later at 12-1PM. And the "unscheduled" scheduled 11:15PM show has been running out anywhere between 2-5PM.

• Jack of All Trades

^ I think this was asked before, but I don't recall an answer:

Does this mean that GRR fastpasses are not available all day until as late as 5PM? (When WOC FP issuing is done.)

Just curious, as I know the hot days are approaching and the GRR gets slammed pretty hard.

I watched the WoC show 2 times (2nd and 3rd shows) yesterday both without a fastpass (I did not get to the park untill 7:30pm). During the 2nd show I walked around the back and watched from the side for a bit, then moved over by MFW and was able to see the projections along with most of the fountians through the mist screens.

After the show I went on TSMM with the family (it was open and running during the shows). As the 3rd show was starting we walked over by the PoM and watched it from there. I enjoyed the show alot and you do need to see the show from the front at least once, but the other areas around the bay still work where you can still enjoy a good part of the show.
    Last edited by aDisneyFan; 06-16-2010 at 09:20 AM.