Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland History Lover

Anyone else ever get their car dinged in M&F's?

I did, unfortunately. I typically park far away when it comes to parking lots. But when you're driving in with other cars into a parking garage, it's hard to be choosey. It doesn't help that the spaces are narrow and it's almost impossible to avoid others parking next to you. And I'm VERY particular about my car. It's my baby. I've worked hard to keep it nice and hop it up. It was such a bummer that someone wasn't careful and placed a small ding in the crease on passenger door. They were nice enough to leave me some blue paint, too (my car is grey). A major fear is that the excited kids in the van next to me are going to burst open their doors in excitement to get into the park. It's happened before. I've heard the parents warn them to "watch that one car when you open your door." I doubt all of them do that, though. And I know full well it's sometimes the adults who aren't careful.

Who else has fallen victim to this unfortunate experience in Mickey & Friends?

• ohai

Re: Anyone else ever get their car dinged in M&F's?

Well, look at the ballards throughout the parking garage! They are all banged up! There is not a pole in the entire garage that hasn't been smashed into!

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Never had that particular problem yet.

But the cars are really close together. After you park you have about one second to hop out of your car and get out of the way of the next car coming in. And if there's a van full of children and strollers unloading next to you its even worse.

• Wilderness Explorer

I may have been dinged... I just don't notice it haha.
    My car isn't exactly beautiful, so I may not notice a small ding if it were to happen.
    As far as the size the spaces go, I've always thought they're a pretty good size. I've never had a problem being too close to another car before.

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post

But the cars are really close together. After you park you have about one second to hop out of your car and get out of the way of the next car coming in. And if there's a van full of children and strollers unloading next to you its even worse.
    You get out of the car before the next car has parked ? I wait until the next car is parked as to avoid having my door taken off!

I've had people who park next to me and I watch them as they open the door and hit my car. Now mind you, I'm not too picky about my car (it's a thing, not a person); however, when they're disrespectful like that and don't even apologize? THAT's what ticks me off.

I think all of these accidents happen as a result of too many eager people trying to park and get into Disneyland, and too many tired people all trying to get out.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Who else has fallen victim to this unfortunate experience in Mickey & Friends?

Wow, stolen Mickey head antenna balls, stains and now dings in the M & F ??? Who 'da thought...

Careless/uncaring people are not limited to the M & F parking structure.

And DL property isn't exempt from unfortunate mishaps...

Just sayin'...

Oh, BTW, you can always call a company like DentPro to remove the ding. It's about $50 and your "baby" will be like new once again.
    Last edited by PirateMickey; 06-06-2010 at 07:36 AM.

• ohai

They should make another garage for people who are in really old cars! Those are the people who are careless and open their doors all the way right next to a Mercedes! Drives me crazy when you see a new car right next to some beater, and they are always over the line!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

My dad is very protective of our new car. He will honestly drive around the structure for like 10 minutes to try to get the best spot possible. He will always try to get a spot next to a wall or something. Lol.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Banned User

I once heard a families car got stolen. can you imagine that?

• Hooterville, USA

My vette got hit there but the girl left her phone # and she ended up paying for the little scratch. $650 worth.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    They should make another garage for people who are in really old cars! Those are the people who are careless and open their doors all the way right next to a Mercedes! Drives me crazy when you see a new car right next to some beater, and they are always over the line!

Yeah, in true Disney fashion, they could call it the Villain's Parking Structure!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    My vette got hit there but the girl left her phone # and she ended up paying for the little scratch. $650 worth.

There's hope for humanity after all!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    There's hope for humanity after all!
    I was more than surprised by the note.

The crime was her paying $650 for a scratch on my bumper that you had to really search for to find it!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

one time in Lion Kind parking lot someone dinged my door really bad. I was still in the car when I came out they handed me 20.00 to say they were sorry. I felt it would of happend if i was there or not so i didn't get mad at them, but my friend and i got a free lunch out of it. So i guess it's not always a bad thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast